PDA

View Full Version : Espn

The Spaz
08-28-2003, 10:48 PM
Throughout the Preseason the Buffalo Bills are 3 in 1 meaning we have won more games than we have lost and yet they don't show any of our highlights. For example they haven't shown either of the Antonio Brown returns which was probably the most exciting play on either night. They better get better coverage of our Bills during the regular season! I was looking forward to seeing that punt return too!:(

Tatonka
08-28-2003, 10:56 PM
i was thinking the same thing.. i sat through all the baseball crap to see a detriot TD and that is about it.

great work :rolleyes:

LtBillsFan66
08-28-2003, 10:57 PM
I agree. I waited today and last week for the highlights only to be let down big time.

I notice this more and more in the regular season too. Not only with the Bills. They sacrifice game highlights for other crap. ESPN is slowly becoming like MTV - losing focus.

Stewart Scott is getting more and more annoying too. His act is ***** TIRED!

Captain gameboy
08-28-2003, 10:57 PM
Ditto.
They show an iso of Mooch, then Wire's hit, then a fumble without a view of the ball, or the recovery.
Wish I wouldn't have stayed up.

LtBillsFan66
08-28-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i was thinking the same thing.. i sat through all the baseball crap to see a detriot TD and that is about it.

great work :rolleyes:

Yeah and they ended the ***** thing by saying "oh, the bills won 22-16."

Gee thanks buttholes! Groundbreaking information.

venis2k1
08-28-2003, 11:05 PM
at least i got to see wires hit.

venis2k1
08-28-2003, 11:05 PM
and actully they did show browns first return for a TD, it was in chris bermans top 10.

The Spaz
08-28-2003, 11:08 PM
The main point is that we won the games and they don't show that many of our highlights or lowlights for that matter. Usually when a team wins they show more coverage of that teams highlights and performances.

venis2k1
08-28-2003, 11:16 PM
preseason games only get about 15-25 seconds per highlight, not much time to squeeze all our good plays into. but i hear what your sayin, the only bills highlight i remember this whole preseason was bledsoes TD to moulds in the rams game.

Tatonka
08-28-2003, 11:57 PM
stuart scotts eye bugs the crap out of me..

:eek:

The Spaz
08-29-2003, 12:03 AM
http://espn.go.com/i/columnists/scott_stuart_ipr.jpg LOL:)!

juice
08-29-2003, 01:23 AM
ESPNN showed Browns' return earlier , I wonder what kinds of moves and field vision he has. If he can set up his blocks he could be the human highlight reel. _______________ :afro:

Cntrygal
08-29-2003, 04:31 AM
I just sat thru all kinds of highlights.. baseball, some tennis, and COLLEGE football. They showed a Cardinal blurp while they were still talking about the COLLEGE game.
:madcloud:

lordofgun
08-29-2003, 10:03 AM
I saw great highlights on Fox Sports Net during BDSSP. :D

Cntrygal
08-29-2003, 10:21 AM
:tongue:

TedMock
08-29-2003, 10:37 AM
Sportscenter showed no Bills highlight except the wire hit. The entire 15 seconds was dedicated to the Lions search for a RB. I was late for work this morning because I waited to see the Bills highlights. I was a little irritated, needless to say.

justasportsfan
08-29-2003, 10:44 AM
Even if we won the sb, they would rather play Barishnikov (sp?) highlights.

Cntrygal
08-29-2003, 11:01 AM
It's worse than pathetic. :(

IHateTheDullphins
08-29-2003, 11:32 AM
no respect, i tell ya, no respect

LtBillsFan66
08-29-2003, 11:41 AM
I don't think it's a lack of respect for the Bills. I think ESPN itself is losing focus. They are focused on their own personalities way more than the sports they are supposed to be covering.

Last year was the first year that I quit going to a general sports bar to watch games. Instead I went to McFadden’s to watch the Bills only. So I missed many games that I would have been able to glance at before.

So I would come home, pop on ESPN to see what happened in other games and be let down by the coverage.

This may cause some shock and awe, but I really don't care for Chris Berman. ***** show the highlights and quit trying so hard to be so funny.

Judge
08-29-2003, 11:45 AM
ESPN is a shell of its old self. They do ridiculous gimmicky stuff on the Sportscenter shows instead of covering sports like they used to.

They have more talk shows than ever instead of covering as many sports events.

The worst thing? They're making fictional programming?! First Season on the Brink, now Playmakers?! PATHETIC.

I watch ESPN for sports. If I want to see a movie, I watch HBO or TNT. Besides, HBO already did the pro football show with First and Ten, starring a VERY hot at the time Delta Burke in the early 1980's. It's been done before, ESPN!

ESPN is embarrassing itself.

LtBillsFan66
08-29-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Judge
ESPN is a shell of its old self. They do ridiculous gimmicky stuff on the Sportscenter shows instead of covering sports like they used to.

They have more talk shows than ever instead of covering as many sports events.

The worst thing? They're making fictional programming?! First Season on the Brink, now Playmakers?! PATHETIC.

I watch ESPN for sports. If I want to see a movie, I watch HBO or TNT. Besides, HBO already did the pro football show with First and Ten, starring a VERY hot at the time Delta Burke in the early 1980's. It's been done before, ESPN!

ESPN is embarrassing itself.

I agree.

Like I said before, ESPN is turning into MTV (which used to play music videos - imagine that!).

venis2k1
08-29-2003, 12:24 PM
i dont mind it if espn wants to dabble in a little programing. if you want highlights, and playmakers is on, you can always change to fox sports, espn headline news, espn2, espn classic, and i know im misssing a few, its not like espn is the only game in town.

The_Philster
08-29-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
Like I said before, ESPN is turning into MTV (which used to play music videos - imagine that!).

MTV used to do that? :scratch:

Seriously, I couldn't agree more. They need to get more hard-core with sports rather than pander to the people who just want "entertainment" Sports itself is entertaining enough.

bernielivsey_1
08-30-2003, 01:53 AM
Dan Patrick on the 6 PM SC is annoying. He tries to get people riled up in his interviews. They usually show just the starters and stars in Preseason highlights.

Cntrygal
08-30-2003, 02:04 AM
Originally posted by venis2k1
i dont mind it if espn wants to dabble in a little programing. if you want highlights, and playmakers is on, you can always change to fox sports, espn headline news, espn2, espn classic, and i know im misssing a few, its not like espn is the only game in town.

:sadwalk:

I just bought a dish, leased the receiver and paid the monthly bill.. and I don't have all those options. I'm paying all this money for a few AFN (Armed Forces Network) Satelitte and I get a couple espn channels... and unfortunately they suck.

The Spaz
08-30-2003, 05:02 AM
I hope you didn't get ripped off by buying those imitations of Directv like Dish Network amd a few others. A lot of people think getting a dish gives everyone the same programming and it doesn't. I wish I still had my Directv but I moved and I can't install a new 1 damn trees!

Cntrygal
08-30-2003, 10:57 AM
I consider AFN Satelitte an "imitation", but the alternative is only having channels in Korean...... :eek:

socalfan
08-30-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
I consider AFN Satelitte an "imitation", but the alternative is only having channels in Korean...... :eek:

Where the heck do you live???:yikes:

Cntrygal
08-30-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by socalfan
Where the heck do you live???:yikes:

Currently South Korea.

socalfan
08-30-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Cntrygal

Currently South Korea.

Oh! I'm sorry...I lived in Seoul for a little over 2 years. Now the light goes on....(kimchi advil, etc...). Where about are you?