PDA

View Full Version : Wys may be right about one thing

justasportsfan
08-29-2003, 07:36 AM
Sam Adams hasn't shown that he has done anything to make us believe that The tandem of Pat and Washington is back w/ him playing alongside Pat. Bannan is said to be pushing him and playing better that Adams. Bannan is younger but I'd say that Adams will only be playing minimun amount of time if he doesn't pick it up and could be gone next year.

Jason Johnson over T. Brown?

Patrick76777
08-29-2003, 07:50 AM
Neither! they're looking to pick someone up.

Pride
08-29-2003, 07:55 AM
I hear ya... but I will wait till during the pats game to really judge

eyedog
08-29-2003, 07:57 AM
I will wait to judge his play once the real games start. So Sunday afternoon about 4:30 everyone can start criticizing if needed.

Jan Reimers
08-29-2003, 07:59 AM
I still think Sam will be fine once the real games start.

justasportsfan
08-29-2003, 08:02 AM
I hope so, or if not Pat Williams should throw him out of his house. I wonder what the fridge in Pats house contains. Maybe there's two fridge's now. :D

Tatonka
08-29-2003, 08:04 AM
if he is truely such crap, why is espn putting him on the front page.. does lenny p, and others really just not pay attention?

i really cant say with any authority.. he didnt play that much in the titans game, but i would not say that he played bad from what i saw. that was the only game i got to see.

all the rest, i listened too.

Pride
08-29-2003, 08:10 AM
to be fair... noone said he was going to have 60 tackles this year. But, if our LB corp is playing well (which they are), it is directly linked to how well the front 4 are playing. so, look at the result of the play, not the 1 on 1 matchup.

justasportsfan
08-29-2003, 08:18 AM
Even Steve Tasker was saying that Adams seems to be the weaker of the two. He has his worries. He even went on to say that Adams is not much of a liability in terms of cap space if he is let go. I doubt he's going anywhere but like I said he could be a one year player for the bills if he does not step it up.

I doubt the Pats are going to be the team to test our run D but I hope he's ready to face Ricky and the fins. It's humid like hell in Fla. even at night.

I just hope he's pulling a Bruce Smith type of preseason performance. We need him to play like a probowler especially facing teams in our own division. Martin , RW and whoever plays for the Pats.

Tatonka, having him on the fornt page does not mean anything. Steve Tasker does pay closer attention to the bills than any of these national media writers.

justasportsfan
08-29-2003, 08:20 AM
I agree Pride, but if he is being contained by a single player then we brought him in for nothing. He's manhandled our OL players during 1-1 drills. I just hope he can last an entire game.

Novacane
08-29-2003, 11:02 AM
I was at the game last night with Wys. We concentrated on Adams alone for quite a few plays. He was single blocked everytiime and was being dominated by that single blocker. I know he is not expected to make a lot of tackles but he is expected to eat up 2 blockers which he is not doing.
I too want to see him in regular season but I am starting to think he is going to be a useless pickup.

bernielivsey_1
08-29-2003, 09:10 PM
Krumrie will whip him into shape.

mybills
08-29-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Bannan is said to be pushing him and playing better that Adams.

if this is true, i'm gonna take my bow now. last year i said bannan was the one to watch for! :nana:

casdhf
08-29-2003, 09:20 PM
Good call :up:

I like Ron Edwards, he's played pretty well thus far.

Stewie
08-29-2003, 10:21 PM
lets all say it one more time:

preeeeee-seeeeasonnnnn....

Michael82
08-29-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by paulB
lets all say it one more time:

preeeeee-seeeeasonnnnn....

BINGO! I dont care what anyone says. Sam Adams HATES preseason and is NOT trying out there. I bet Wys would have cut Bruce Smith after watching one of his preseason games. :snicker:

Billz_fan
08-29-2003, 10:51 PM
Once the games count I will be on the front line bashing Sam if he doesn't produce. Untill then I will hold judgement :up:

bernielivsey_1
08-30-2003, 12:58 AM
:blowtop: I read a lot on the Bills and i can honestly say I almost never (closer to never) here anything bad about Sam other than in these threads and some radio. After NE lets call for his head. :help: