X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judge
    • Aug 2002

Why the rush to trade Gary?

If our team has a belief that it can make a run at an AFC East title or higher, we need Olandis Gary on this roster.

Why the interest in trading him? For a draft pick of all things? He's an experienced RB who will be as serviceable a backup to Travis Henry this season as Kenny Davis was to Thurman Thomas. In short, if Gary's in there I don't think this offense misses a beat.

I don't believe his salary is particularly high to cripple our cap if he's here. He showed me this preseason that he's healthy, and a gritty determined RB.

Everyone knows I'm not sold on Travis Henry. I like having a guy like Gary there to be a proven backup with potential starting ability for this team this year.
    Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

I think the rush is due to the play of Sammy Morris. I've been really impressed with him, as well as Joe Burns. Gary is worth more than either of these guys on a trade, but may not be as valuable to the total team effort (special teams, blocking...)
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Judge
      • Aug 2002

Good point Cas. I guess I'm willing to keep Gary to be solely the backup RB. I value him high enough in that alone to warrant making the team.

I like Morris and Burns too, but would choose Gary b/c in my opinion we need a guy like him to shore up the RB depth in case Travis goes down w/ injury or his fumbilitis recurs.
      Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• IHateTheDullphins
        New and Improved!!
        • Aug 2003

I think Gary is a very imprtant part of this team, Morris and Burns are going to see alot of ST play, so I think it's important to have a "fresh" back with his abilities in reserve. I think the offense will perform just fine with him in there. Always seems to get into the endzone when we're there too, can't complain about that.
        Leads? Yeah, sure. I'll...uh...just check with the boys down at the crimelab. Yeah, they got four more detectives on the case....we're working in shifts!"

Comment

Working...
        X