PDA

View Full Version : Micheal Vick says he heard the Bears DC telling his players to take out his knees

PA Season Ticket Holder
09-18-2002, 10:17 PM
This is some pretty messed up stuff if it's true. The Bears DC denied the allegations and said he only told his players to inflict pain on him, and not injure his knees.

This should be looked into. No player deserves to have the opposing team trying to take out their knees or physically injure him on purpose. That could ruin a career.

Hope they don't try and take out Drews knees. He wouldn't be able to avoid it like Vick. Somebody needs to take out the Bears DC's knees and see how he likes it.

RedEyE
09-18-2002, 10:25 PM
Read this already. The coach made valid points :

Blache said he told his players, "Don't dance with him, cut him.'' The coach added, ``The dude wants to run and he wants people to dance with him. It's unbelievable.''

Said Blache, "Yeah, he made a comment to me at the time. I said, 'Son, if you run, we're going to hit you.''

Personally I think that Vick misunderstood a figure of speech. It's like saying "Let's go out and kill those Falcons." ~ That dosen't mean the Bears D is going to open fire on the Falcon's O. Welcome to the big league Mr. Vick, it gets a lot rougher then this.

Cntrygal
09-18-2002, 10:28 PM
If he wants to run like a running back or full back... he can get hit like one.

Typ0
09-18-2002, 10:32 PM
Sounds like Vick is scarred...LOL

Ð
09-18-2002, 11:32 PM
Welcome to the NFL, baby!

The_Philster
09-19-2002, 05:01 AM
There shouldn't be any problem with him getting hit like an NFL player but attempting to cause injuries is reprehensible.

doug45
09-19-2002, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by The_Philster
There shouldn't be any problem with him getting hit like an NFL player but attempting to cause injuries is reprehensible.

Well Said!

Valerie
09-19-2002, 08:39 AM
I can't believe any coach would be telling his players to intentionally go out and injure another player. That's just insane! It's one thing to go out and play the game the way it is intended to be played, but to intentionally go out to take a player out is horrible! And even if coaches tell their players to do this, we would have to hope that the players would have better sense NOT to follow the coaches instructions.

Creemoredrinker
09-19-2002, 08:52 AM
:chuk:

Of course, they are going after his knees. This is professional football and that is how the game is played. The fact that the DC had to say it during the game is redendant and perhaps a sign that he does think his players are that smart to remember.

With all due respect to Mr. Vick (did his father/mother own Vick's Vapor Rub?), he shoudl quit his whinning and realize that he is now in the big leagues and that is why he is paid soooooo much money. That is, it is vicious and his career could end on any one play.

LVGrown
09-19-2002, 10:23 AM
hey im curious about Vick ... if he can throw a football as hard, fast and far as he does ... how far and fast can he toss a baseball??

Creemoredrinker
09-19-2002, 12:15 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ShAgNSuRf 702
[B]hey im curious about Vick ...

:baghead:

Nothing wrong with that I suppose. If you are into that sort of thing....

LtBillsFan66
09-19-2002, 12:21 PM
Does anyone remember last year when Vick's family was reported to have been cheering when Chandler got injured?

Cntrygal
09-19-2002, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

I agree attempting to cause injuries is wrong, but if he's going to do things like dive headfirst into the endzone - he's an injury waiting to happen. Since when do qb coaches tell the multi-million dollar qb to do things like that? So, IMO.... run like a back, get hit like a back. Pull no punches.

Rebecky
09-19-2002, 02:34 PM
My understanding is: intent to injure is not at all uncommon in the NFL. Veteran players have their own vigilante system to deal with dirty players and dirty plays.

Example: "You try to hurt my QB, I will break your leg." Last year when Denver's OL chop-blocked and broke the leg of a SD defender -- Denver fans will tell you that decision was made two plays earlier when the SD defender intentionally tried to injure a helpless Denver QB stuck in a pileup.

What shocks me is that Mr. Vick seems, well, surprised at this? Hello? Maybe he needs to communicate a little more with the Atlanta linesmen and find out how things really are down in the trenches.

I've heard Siragusa and others describe things that happen on the line . . . . sounds like a real no man's land for the faint of heart. One incident I heard about involved a linesman slipping a knife under his uniform and threatening to cut his opponent if the guy clipped him one more time!

The_Philster
09-19-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by Creemoredrinker
:chuk:

Of course, they are going after his knees. This is professional football and that is how the game is played. The fact that the DC had to say it during the game is redendant and perhaps a sign that he does think his players are that smart to remember.

With all due respect to Mr. Vick (did his father/mother own Vick's Vapor Rub?), he shoudl quit his whinning and realize that he is now in the big leagues and that is why he is paid soooooo much money. That is, it is vicious and his career could end on any one play.

This is professional football...NFL-style....not the XFL.

Sennsai
09-19-2002, 05:40 PM
:shutit:

Michael... Welcome to the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE. You run in the open field, you are gonna get hit and hit hard. Remember the shot that Drew took from the Jets... it was nasty, but it's part of the game.

I realize players shouldn't try to take other players out of the game, but it HAPPENS EVERY GAME. How about the times that an OLman chop blocks the DL or LB???? Yeah, that's basically the same thing, cause it can make you miss your whole season with a blown out knee.

Ð
09-19-2002, 08:03 PM
LOL what a goof. Ammunition for the opposing defenses to mess with his head for the rest of the year

Rebecky
09-19-2002, 10:58 PM
Good point, BigDoug. It's like the day I admitted to one of my kids that I'm phobic about spiders -- for the next 3 months, it was rubber spiders in my bed, in the sink, on the stairs, in the car seat, in the laundry basket . . . .

Creemoredrinker
09-20-2002, 07:51 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rebecky
It's like the day I admitted to one of my kids that I'm phobic about spiders -- for the next 3 months, it was rubber spiders in my bed, in the sink, on the stairs, in the car seat, in the laundry basket . . . .

:ladysman:

Truth is, I would have done the same thing as your kids. I guess that is why I am no longer married. I'm just a big kid who has three other kids living with him.