PDA

View Full Version : Bills Digest interview with Sam Gash

The Spaz
08-30-2003, 05:13 PM
Bills Digest: You've played against a lot of your former teams before. With New England first out of the gate for the Bills this season, do you still have certain feelings for the Patriots?

Sam Gash: Personally I don't care much for New England. I love the guys, but the organization I'm not a big fan of just by the way they got rid of me. They told me I was part of their plans and then they signed Tony Carter in in free agency and I was gone. It's been year's since I've played there, but I never forget. I just don't like the way things were done. It's the god's honest truth I could care less about New England. I'm ready to play them just as I'm ready to play all 15 other games, but it's going to be fun.

Bills Digest: With all the teams you've played for in this league, would you say that Buffalo best represents your style of play in terms of the persona of the city?

Sam Gash: I've said that from day one. When I got here they welcomed me with open arms and just playing for that crowd (is great). I think they truly understand the essence of football. They know that it's a tough. hard-nosed game, and they like those kind of players. There have been tons here. Stve Tasker comes to mind. The way he played, the fans had the utmost respect for him. I'm not saying I'm one of same plane as Steve because he should be in the Hall of Fame, but yes, Buffalo fits my style of play.

You have to love a player like Sam Gash. This guy truly knows what it means to be a leader and a team player!:)

Ð
08-30-2003, 05:16 PM
I like gash

ublinkwescore
08-30-2003, 09:23 PM
Gash is gonna cave some AFC East LBers chests in this year.

ublinkwescore
08-30-2003, 09:23 PM
And Travis Henry's gonna run all over their near lifeless bodies.

The_Philster
08-30-2003, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
They told me I was part of their plans and then they signed Tony Carter in in free agency and I was gone.

I remember that. We were looking into getting Carter in Buffalo...glad we got Gash instead :up:
Originally posted by The Spaz
You have to love a player like Sam Gash. This guy truly knows what it means to be a leader and a team player!:)

No doubt. I remember when Phil Simms did his Ironman Team a few years back and Gash got team captain of that team because of what a powerful presence he was. I couldn't have been more thrilled to have seen him return. Heck, I was just about to get his jersey when he left us

socalfan
08-30-2003, 10:35 PM
Yep, give it about a quarter and a half and there will be dead NE linebackers all over the field......our offensive coordinator better not disappoint.

The_Philster
08-30-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by socalfan
Yep, give it about a quarter and a half and there will be dead NE linebackers all over the field

:evil:

Jan Reimers
08-31-2003, 07:03 AM
I love Gash for both his smash mouth style of play and his leadership. BTW, what ever happened to Carter?

The_Philster
08-31-2003, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I love Gash for both his smash mouth style of play and his leadership. BTW, what ever happened to Carter?

He last played for the Packers in 2002. It doesn't look like he's signed anywhere.
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1085