Don't expect the Bills to run just because it's conventional...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Don't expect the Bills to run just because it's conventional...

"Everyone thinks it's a new innovative thing, but we were doing it a long time ago, 14 years ago," Gilbride said. "I think some people are just having a hard time running the ball 3, 4, 5 yards a clip. Why not throw the ball out there and see if a guy can make some yardage in open space? I think that, depending upon your makeup, that's not a bad approach." It's not a bad approach at all. To heck with old-time football. Three yards and a cloud of dust gets you nothing more than fourth-and-1. Hail to the robust passing game, a breath of fresh air.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• Creemoredrinker
    Senior Zoner
    • Sep 2002

Kevin is Just Trying to Fool Up Everyone Real Good

I expect he will try to run the ball using the two TE set and if it is unsuccessful, I expect he will be throwing to the TEs this game.

Kevin has NOT worked in the TEs as much as he wants to yet this year. This is the game he will do it because Greg wants to keep the ball out of the hands of the Bronco offense who will clearly be able to run the ball against us. Thus, we need to grind it out rather than score quickly through a vertical game.

If we fall behind, it is Air Drew time.

Comment

• casdhf
      • Jul 2002

I expect the unexpected, therefore making it expected
      Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
      cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• lordofgun
        in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Anyone who says KG isn't imaginative isn't watching the games. He adapts to what the defense will give him. As much as he keeps going to those short WR screens, they have been effective so far. What's the harm in getting 4 yards on a pass? If that was a rush, everyone would be happy.

So far, I've seen KG exploit two defenses at their weakest points. And to be honest, KG is probably the LAST coordinator in football who should be criticized right now.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

I don't agree.

Comment

• mchurchfie
            • Jul 2002

I concur

Hail to the pass!! Hail to....Drew drops back, fires, and connects with Moulds for 30 Yds and a cloud of dust...woohoo!!
            My Band
            daveviterna.com

Comment

• LVGrown
              Vegas Growed
              • Jul 2002

Curtis Martin did nothing against the Bills, maybe we can get lucky and the Broncos do nothing either and be forced to go at us through the air!

Erin

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Good point Shag, but I do think the Broncs are a better team though.

Comment

• casdhf
                  • Jul 2002

Not against the pass
                  Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                  cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Herdwatcher
                    One out of many
                    • Jul 2002

Beat em at their own game. The Doncos have been beating up just about everyone. Not teams, (individuals) they are pounding out there. Get pounding, use more than Henry as the RB. Keep hitting the short to intermediate passes to sustain the drives.
                    mix the crap out of the play calling. and don't forget to pound pound pound!!
                    Pounding the world like a battering-ram!

Comment

• Halbert
                      I'm Not Normal
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
                      I expect the unexpected, therefore making it expected
                      I actually heard Dale's voice in that quote.

Comment

Working...
                      X