PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Bills cuts??

Dozerdog
08-30-2003, 11:01 PM
We have a bunch coming- (Sunday deadline)

This must mean we have a bunch of guys we want to cut but want to keep on the practice squad. Cut them at the last second, try to sneak them back.

The easy cuts like Charles Johnson came swiftly-

Tomorrow morning?

socalfan
08-30-2003, 11:55 PM
due in by 4PM on Sunday.

Dozerdog
08-31-2003, 12:31 AM
I know the deadline- but many teams have chopped already.

The rule of thumb with these guys is if you know you are going to cut a guy, get it done sooner than later- so the player can find another club if possible, don't leave a guy hanging unneccisarially, ect....

They must really be splitting hairs at one Bills drive

yle
08-31-2003, 12:38 AM
I wouldn't expect them before at least noon. Here's my thinking: The person that puts out the press release is a marketing person. Marketing people don't like to work extra hours, and are notorious :boozer: . That's why the first cuts came on Friday during work hours. Since they knew about the cut deadline on Sunday, they would be planning on working to put out the press release, but since they will inevitably be drinking on Saturday, and hungover on Sunday, they will not be in first thing in the morning. Therefore they will roll in around noon and put out the list.

Dozerdog
08-31-2003, 12:46 AM
A Marketing guy? I don't think so.

Cuts get filed to the NFL League office. I'm guessing the cap revisions (top 51 guys, Likely- to- Be- earned Bonuses) have to be tabulated and submitted as well. As soon as the NFL gets it, It's released to the press/wire services.

My guess? They really want to sneak some guys past waivers- Some IR transactions need to be put past waivers as well (I think). Maybe they are trying to stash Travis Brown? Coleman? Aikers?