PDA

View Full Version : Sporting News Scott Wetzel picks Miami to go UNDEFEATED?????

bob the football fan
08-31-2003, 12:42 PM
:laughter: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter:

ArcticWildMan
08-31-2003, 12:44 PM
I want some of what he's been smoking!!! :mex:

Novacane
08-31-2003, 12:45 PM
Are you serious? Only a total idiot would pick any team to go undefeated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan Reimers
08-31-2003, 12:57 PM
Ludicrous.

bob the football fan
08-31-2003, 01:32 PM
That's right folks Scott Wetzel of Sporting News Radio thinks the Dullpins will go UNDEFEATED this season. This based on the 'Fins supposedly "awesome " defense and their "easy Schdule. What I saw in the Falcons preseason game fron the Dolphins Defense, did not engender total terror. As far as the QB's go, I dont think jay Fieldler or Brian Griese have what it takes to go with out a loss.

The Dolphins also have to go throught the month of December, which has been a horrible month for the Aqua and orange for years. I guess only time will tell.........:laughter: :laughter: :laughter: :laughter: :chuckle: :chuckle: :fishfry: :gobills: :feedback:

Dozerdog
08-31-2003, 01:36 PM
I love it when anyone says they have an "easy" schedule- divisional teams play the SAME schedule for 14 of 16 games!

Schobel94
08-31-2003, 02:17 PM
That guy is whacked out ! Yeah they'll be undefeated, until week 3!

LtBillsFan66
08-31-2003, 02:18 PM
Are you sure he doesn't mean the Miami Hurricanes?

Dolfan984
08-31-2003, 03:18 PM
Undefeated? Yeah, right. I think 13-3 is reaching. 12-4 would be REALLY hard in this division. I think we'll go 11-5, spliting with the Bills and Pats (All teams winning at home) sweeping the Jets, and losing to the Titans, and Giants, then some team we shouldn't lose to.

Our Defense is a bit better this year though, and our passing game is going to be better. We'll score at least 25 points a game.

Dolfan984
08-31-2003, 03:19 PM
I meant 25 points per game average of course. :P Then again killing the Texans 60-3 (or something like that hahaha) will help the cause. :P

ublinkwescore
08-31-2003, 08:05 PM
You guys will stink when we play you though. Our Oline gives your Dline fits (by simply outpowering them at the point of attack), and that all but renders the rest of your D useless - that's why Moulds always torches you guy left and right, and that's why we can run Travis Henry down your throats.

Also, you guys need to stop drafting crappy recievers - if you look at last years games - yeah, Lucas was terrible, but your underachieving recievers didn't help his cause (they couldn't get seperation to save their lives).

BillsFever
08-31-2003, 08:06 PM
What a moron :shakeno:

bernielivsey_1
08-31-2003, 09:28 PM
Yeah, they'll play the Cardinals in the Super Bowl. Wanny will be coach of the year and Dumbo will pass for 5000 yards beating Marinos record.

Turf
08-31-2003, 09:40 PM
It's more likely they go winless.

imbondz
08-31-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Travis Hunter
It's more likely they go winless.

:lol: I agree.

Halbert
08-31-2003, 10:29 PM
Link?

Dolfan984
08-31-2003, 11:16 PM
The second game you did beat us fair and square.

We played without our #1 and #2 receivers against you last year in the first game, and Ray Lucas had 4 INTs and 2 fumbles. I GUARANTEE that won't happen with Jay. Like I said, I predict a split between us with us both winning at home.

Buffatexas
09-01-2003, 08:33 AM
Hey Dolfan, you GUARANTEE it??...tell you what, should the Bills beat you in the Fishbowl....I wanna see a pic of you on this board decked out in Bills Gear....

Buffalo Bills Present...."Fiedler On The Turf" a Takeo Spikes production

saviorbledsoe
09-01-2003, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
Yeah, they'll play the Cardinals in the Super Bowl. Wanny will be coach of the year and Dumbo will pass for 5000 yards beating Marinos record.

saviorbledsoe
09-01-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
The second game you did beat us fair and square.

We played without our #1 and #2 receivers against you last year in the first game, and Ray Lucas had 4 INTs and 2 fumbles. I GUARANTEE that won't happen with Jay. Like I said, I predict a split between us with us both winning at home.

Hey DOLFAN984

Im sick of you crying phin fans making exuses for last year. How many of the games before last year did we have our whole team on the field? We came within a hair of beating u with AVP the 3-13 year. And you didnt hear anyone saying Well, Rob Johnson wasnt playing, we would have definitly beat you with him. No because a loss is a loss regardless of who is playing. Injuries are part of the game so get your balls out of your purse and admit we just plain whupped your asses last year!

Gunzlingr
09-01-2003, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
Hey DOLFAN984

Im sick of you crying phin fans making exuses for last year. How many of the games before last year did we have our whole team on the field? We came within a hair of beating u with AVP the 3-13 year. And you didnt hear anyone saying Well, Rob Johnson wasnt playing, we would have definitly beat you with him. No because a loss is a loss regardless of who is playing. Injuries are part of the game so get your balls out of your purse and admit we just plain whupped your asses last year!

LOL

Dolfan984
09-01-2003, 01:01 PM

Hey DOLFAN984

You guys were 3-13, and AVP is better than Rob Johnson. Rob Johnson rivals Ray Lucas for crappiness, except one difference. Rob is a backup with the Redskins, and Ray has no job. I admitted that the Buffalo game @ Buffalo was a clear win for you, you had us beat even before Jay (Who really shouldn't have been playing that week) got in. The first game, Ray Lucas handed you that game. You're blind if you didn't see that.

AVP didn't have 6 turnovers when we beat you at the last second. If you didn't have Moulds or Price in that game, we would have killed you. We didn't have our starting two receivers as well, and with Lucas throwing RIGHT to Clements 3 times, (almost 4 times but Clements dropped the pick) we had no chance. Look at JJamez video of the first Dolphins game. Those were AWFUL. Jay had a QB rating of nearly 100 when we were 5-1, and with Ray Lucas, we ended up 7-5. If Drew got injured when you were 5-1, and your backup brought you guys to 7-5, you'd be pissed too.

My guarantee was that Jay would have less than 6 turnovers unlike Ray Lucas. I think that's a pretty safe bet. I also think we're going to win the game, so Buffatexas, lets make a bet. If we win the game, you have an avatar with you sporting Dolphins stuff, and if the Bills win, I will sport Bills gear. You willing to bet your team vs mine, especially at home (Where we were undefeated last year EXCEPT the Lucas vs Bills game) where we were 7-1, and in September heat of Miami? I'll take that bet. Do you?

Halbert
09-01-2003, 01:28 PM
We played without our #1 and #2 receivers against you last year in the first game, and Ray Lucas had 4 INTs and 2 fumbles.
It was interesting because going into that game I would have been quite confident if I was a fin fan. Lucas did well when he played in NY and the Fish offense seemed a lot easier to run - let Ricky go bananas and just don't lose on the QB play. And both Ward and McKnight had been starters before so you figured they'd be able to make the catches when needed. The defense was healthy, at home, and should have been able to hold down the Bills offense enough for Ricky to win the game for you.

The Lucas int's hurt for sure but there was more to that loss than just him. With a full week to prepare, Ward and McKnight looked suprisingly lost on most plays. In fact, 2 of the int's were likely because they turned the wrong way on their routes. And of course Moulds continued his torture of what are usually good Fish DB's. They seem to be very stubborn about trying to cover him one-on-one and they keep getting smoked by it.

It's going to be extremely difficult to beat them twice again. I think the first game being nationally televised gives us a better chance then just a 1:00 game because Miami seems to wilt more often in those games. If we can somehow put together a win there it's going to be might tough for Miami to even the series on December 21 in Buffalo. Both should be excellent games.

Halbert
09-01-2003, 01:32 PM
BTW - Did Wetzel really say that? He had to be joking. I mean the Fish are a top 5 team but no way does Fiedler/Williams/Chambers come close to Griese/Csonka-Morris/Warfield. An undefeated season probably will never happen again under the current structure. That Dolphins team was loaded at virtually every position and there's no way you could do that today without doubling your salary cap.

Dolfan984
09-01-2003, 02:11 PM
Good post Halbert.

Let me say before I begin my post that Dedric Ward is not even close to starting material. He was the Pats #5 guy and just got cut yesterday. Remember the three incompletions that had us lose the final Pats game? Ward dropped a 1st down throw on 3rd down which made us punt.

http://www.billszone.com/jjamezz/hilitevids/miamihlvid.wmv

Here's my observation of Ray's INTs via JJamez's video.

The first INT was thrown right into double coverage. It hit Clements, and McKnight had no chance. We were in the red zone, and up 7-3, we score there, and it's a different game. Instead Clements returns it to the 25 and you hit a big play to Moulds on that drive for a TD. (Moulds is awesome no question here)

The second INT Ray pumped once, allowing himself to get hit while throwing, and threw it to Clements who was IN FRONT of McMichael. It could have been caught MAYBE if it were an arc throw that lead McMichael up the field, but against a very solid defender like Clements, it still is a questionable decision. He returned that for a TD btw. At that point we were tied 10-10, and that's when we stopped scoring. Your D was not good last year, you had NO INTS up to this game (remember how the team had bets between themselves?) and the first 6 games of the season, we were the #2 scoring team in the league with 30 points a game. The next three games, we scored 30 points total, 10 points each, including this game.

The third INT, god just watching it (And I played QB in high school) knowing if I threw a pass like that, my ass would have been benched. It was 10 yards ahead of McMichael. It was Buffalo 17 Miami 10 at that point. See a trend here? 3-7, 10-10, 17-10.

God, and he almost threw another one. He didn't even see Clements coming. We should have put Ricky out at Qb and run the option play with him and Minor all day hahaha.

the video didn't show the fourth INT, and I don't really remember it, for I wanted to block this game out of my mind. (That and it was a while ago, so I don't remember everything I suppose :P )

Ray Lucas really botched that game, and he even said that it was the worst QB performance EVER.

You won the second game fair and square, but the first game is much more questionable.

SABURZFAN
09-01-2003, 05:52 PM
We played without our #1 and #2 receivers against you last year in the first game, and Ray Lucas had 4 INTs and 2 fumbles.

:deadhorse

lucas isn't around anymore and the FISH fans are STILL whining about last year losses.

Buffatexas
09-01-2003, 06:23 PM
Dolfan...I said should the Bills win, you are the one making the guarantees here...beside, I would rather walk down A1A in Miami wearing Bills gear. I may get my a** whipped but at least I will still have my pride

TigerJ
09-01-2003, 07:23 PM
I wonder if fans could get Scott Wetzel to add some teeth to his guarantee, like promising to eat a live squid while on the radio ar eating a hat, or maybe changing his career choice if he's wrong.

Historian
09-01-2003, 08:02 PM
I agree. The fish need to get a quarterback before they can go undefeated.:doh:

What's worse are these magazines. Picking Miami to win the division because they picked up Ancient Seau.

Every August they're the favorite.

Every November their hands are in their pants trying to keep their fingers warm.

Its too funny.

saviorbledsoe
09-01-2003, 08:38 PM

You guys were 3-13, and AVP is better than Rob Johnson. Rob Johnson rivals Ray Lucas for crappiness, except one difference. Rob is a backup with the Redskins, and Ray has no job. I admitted that the Buffalo game @ Buffalo was a clear win for you, you had us beat even before Jay (Who really shouldn't have been playing that week) got in. The first game, Ray Lucas handed you that game. You're blind if you didn't see that.

AVP didn't have 6 turnovers when we beat you at the last second. If you didn't have Moulds or Price in that game, we would have killed you. We didn't have our starting two receivers as well, and with Lucas throwing RIGHT to Clements 3 times, (almost 4 times but Clements dropped the pick) we had no chance. Look at JJamez video of the first Dolphins game. Those were AWFUL. Jay had a QB rating of nearly 100 when we were 5-1, and with Ray Lucas, we ended up 7-5. If Drew got injured when you were 5-1, and your backup brought you guys to 7-5, you'd be pissed too.

My guarantee was that Jay would have less than 6 turnovers unlike Ray Lucas. I think that's a pretty safe bet. I also think we're going to win the game, so Buffatexas, lets make a bet. If we win the game, you have an avatar with you sporting Dolphins stuff, and if the Bills win, I will sport Bills gear. You willing to bet your team vs mine, especially at home (Where we were undefeated last year EXCEPT the Lucas vs Bills game) where we were 7-1, and in September heat of Miami? I'll take that bet. Do you?

Holy sh1t this is what Im talking about, EXUSES!!!!!!!!!!

Ray Lucas was a Miami Dolphin last year was he not??????
That makes the Dolphins, as a team, accountable for what he does at the healm. So here you go again with your shoulda, woulda, couldas but you still miss the bottom line........the Miami Dolphins LOST to the Buffalo Bills TWICE last year......BAD!

Ð
09-01-2003, 08:44 PM
Would you like some cheese to go with your whine, dolphan ?

Dolfan984
09-02-2003, 12:10 AM
I'm just telling you the truth, as unbiased as I can.

Yes, Ray Lucas was a Dolphin, so it was our fault.

He is not anymore, and we are a better team. We are going to beat you this time because of it. You don't have your MVP on your team anymore to fall back on. My guarantee was that Fiedler wouldn't have 6 turnovers. Pretty safe guarantee, and that was the point.

How would you guys look if you lost Drew, Moulds and Reed. You honestly would consider that a total legitament win showing that one team is better than the other if we beat you, espeically when you knew that you had a better team?(figuratively speaking)

MDFINFAN
09-02-2003, 02:06 AM

Holy sh1t this is what Im talking about, EXUSES!!!!!!!!!!

Ray Lucas was a Miami Dolphin last year was he not??????
That makes the Dolphins, as a team, accountable for what he does at the healm. So here you go again with your shoulda, woulda, couldas but you still miss the bottom line........the Miami Dolphins LOST to the Buffalo Bills TWICE last year......BAD!

SD, Have I ever made an excuse for losing to you? No. So stop saying all Dolphins Fans make an excuse. You guys live in the past as much as ya'll said the phins do. You always want to point to last year's wins over the phins, but hate when some fins point out your 4 SB loses in a row. Which to me is quite an accomplishment in itself. But this year is new. I think we will have some good games. I do think this team plays differently when Jays at QB, nothing to do with Lucas, we just lost those games. But Jay's Miami QB. As far as going undefeated, that's a hard thing to do today, not saying it can't be done, the Bronco's came close a couple of years ago, But I think the Bears were the closest, then the Vikes. I don't think we have enough depth at the OL and LB positions to go that far. This team is much improved depth wise from last year's team...While you guys saw a very vanilla game against the falcons, you have to remember we seem practices and scrimages and know Miami haven't shown any thing in preseason as to what they will do, just like the Bills. Don't go by last year's results against us. The Seau and Knight and D twreaks will show you a whole new look. Our Receivers are change alot, comparable to your LB's changes. That's how drastic. Should be a good year for the fins. But I won't hold my breath. The December thing is a recent thing, older dolphin teams beat every one in Dec. to win all the divisional titles we have, so this has to be a mental thing that maybe this year they get over. With our schedule in Dec. they better start believing in themselfs or it will be a long Dec.

Novacane
09-08-2003, 04:05 PM
BUMP

ROTFLMAO :lmao:

BillsOverDolphins
09-08-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
BUMP

ROTFLMAO :lmao:
scott wetzel is in hiding