PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody here taken the time to.....

moogyman
08-31-2003, 05:48 PM
..........visit a pats message board ? I went to Patsfan.com just to check it out. Perhaps it's just me but, DAMN they have got to be some of the most Arrogant sum*****es on the net. They are saying the pats are the " elite " team in the N.F.L. Yes they might be a good team, I do not argue that fact, but come on now. Am I missing something? Yes they went 4-0 in the preseason, but so did Arizona and a couple other teams, so does this mean that 'zona should be considered an "elite" team? probably not!! but you be the judge. I understand homerism, but this is rediculous!! I have been a Bills fan for my whole life, and i have never considered the Bills as an elite team {very good team but NOT elite} if we were we would have won the 4 SB's. I guess it is their team and their site, so whatever works. Maybe it's just me, but without their coach, their team would be *****!! just wanted to spout

The_Philster
08-31-2003, 05:55 PM
Check the boards at BuffaloBills.com...they populate them...so the fact that they are obnoxious on their own boards is no big surprise.

clumping platelets
08-31-2003, 06:08 PM
On KFFL, they are predicting a route by at least 3 TDs :shakeno:

moogyman
08-31-2003, 06:48 PM
The worst thing about this is that I live in Maine, and have to deal with this *** on a daily basis. In my opinon there is arrogance and then there is ignorance.

hwc
09-01-2003, 02:02 AM
I'm one of those Pats fans. I don't think the fans are particularly arrogant. Rather, I think we have a very solid organization with excellent ownership and a superb coach with a rational philosophy.

Obviously, it's working. The team did win the SuperBowl. Last year was a tough year with a brutal schedule and we finished in a dead heat for the AFC East despite an uncharacteristically poor defensive team.

That weak defense has been shored up by investing virtually all of the free agent money and draft picks. From the preseason, it appears that the defense may be pretty fun to watch.

All in all, it's a good time to be a Pats fan. As to arrogance, I think I'm pretty typical. I think it's reasonable to predict a 10-6 season. Depending on the bounce of the ball, that could go to 11-5 maybe. It'll be a dogfight in the AFC East, but I would say that the Pats have as good a chance as anybody. I don't take any AFC East opponent lightly; however, it wouldn't surprise me if the Pats take both games from the Bills. Judging from last year, the Bills don't match up well and I think the Pats newfound pass rush is going to give Drew fits.

You won't hear any SuperBowl predictions from me. I figure the first step is winning the AFC East. If that happens, then we just have to see how the tournament plays out. Takes a lot of luck to get to the big dance.

The teams that worry me the most in the AFC are the Raiders, Titans, and Dolphins. Buffalo is one of several teams that could click and be a contender, but hasn't shown playoff form yet. Although I respect him as a classy guy and talented player, I'm not sold on Drew Bledsoe as a QB who is likely to take a team all the way. He and Peyton Manning are two peas in a pod - huge stats, but they try to do too much and hurt their teams in the process.