PDA

View Full Version : We are 5.7 million under the cap?

BillsFever
08-31-2003, 08:00 PM
I don't understand why we would just waste 5 million dollars of salary cap space.

I don't mean just signing players for the hell of it because we have salary cap room, but we could've used the 5 million wisely this year. We could've used 4 million of it, and kept 1.5 for injury replacements.

If we knew we would have this much space, then we should've thrown a couple more million on Takeo's contract numbers for this year and make the cap impact for the next couple years lower.

That sure sounds like a hell of a lot better idea then just letting 4 million go to waste. Instead we sit here with tons of money to spend this year, and will be paying more next year for player(s) that could've gotten extra money this year on their contract.

:shakeno:

The_Philster
08-31-2003, 08:01 PM
We can still get Winfield extended and bring in a 3rd string QB and maybe a decent DE with that cap space.

BillsFever
08-31-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
We can still get Winfield extended and bring in a 3rd string QB and maybe a decent DE with that cap space.

The 3rd string QB would be what about 400k? Not a very big impact at all.

There isn't any DE's worth picking up right now. They would be 3rd string scrubs.

BillsFever
08-31-2003, 08:04 PM
Even if we do extend Winfield that would take up about 2 million on the cap. That would still leave us with 2 million dollars to put on this years cap instead.

Billsouth
08-31-2003, 08:12 PM
i agee and worse yet we wasted a ***** load of money last year which could have been used for a number of purposes.

ArcticWildMan
08-31-2003, 08:16 PM
I thought I read somewhere the rules had been changed and unused cap money could be carried into the next year.

Might have just been total BS. :idunno:

Lone Stranger
08-31-2003, 08:21 PM
I didn't see any questionable cuts. I don't believe the cap space is that large if we extend a few contracts.

CWOUSARET
08-31-2003, 08:27 PM
I think our GM is the best in the business. I's ver confident that he has a real good plan for the money - even as we debate the topic.

XNOUGHT
08-31-2003, 08:32 PM
The Eagles have a system where they can move roll extra cap room to the next year.

bernielivsey_1
08-31-2003, 08:48 PM
Dont worry we'll spend it before the seasons over. Except 2 mill. for injury signings.

Turf
08-31-2003, 09:39 PM
Just proves that if Peerless's head wasn't so large, he could have been here.

TypicalBill
09-01-2003, 06:00 AM
relax, TD isn't dumb... he wouldn't just let 5 million go... i mean, dont you think he, as the general manager, wouldn't have thought of that extra $$ but we, bills fans, do? The Eagles always end up with a lot of extra $$ unused money...

Jan Reimers
09-01-2003, 06:18 AM
At the minimum, we need to extend Winfield and pick up a QB, Safety, and perhaps a DE. Don't we also need $450 thousand for a full PS?

don137
09-01-2003, 06:19 AM
I'm not worried. What teams do with extra cap space is re-work a deal with backup player(s) and give him un-attainable incentives for this year so it will count against this years cap. When the player(s) do not reach the goals the salary is rolled over and added to next years cap.

TypicalBill
09-01-2003, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by don137
I'm not worried. What teams do with extra cap space is re-work a deal with backup player(s) and give him un-attainable incentives for this year so it will count against this years cap. When the player(s) do not reach the goals the salary is rolled over and added to next years cap.

:up: exactly ... and we'll need it next year most... we'll be superbowl contenders.