PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Week 1 odds

LABillsFan
09-01-2003, 12:26 PM
Here's a link to check out the odds.

http://www.vegasinsider.com/u/odds/15minute/NFL_lines.html

ArcticWildMan
09-01-2003, 12:42 PM
Interesting that we are only 1 point favorites. Take away home field which is always 3 points, and that means the Pats are technically favored.

Dolfan984
09-01-2003, 12:47 PM
You guys will have a close game IMO...but you guys don't want to be looking behind us already do ya? ;) You know we're going to kill the Texans, which pisses me off, I wish we had a harder opener. :(

If you guys win, you will have all the respect you deserve, which could happen.

:)

LABillsFan
09-01-2003, 12:52 PM
Exactly AWM, There are a quite a few red herrings especially the first week. Preseason gives them and idea how games should pan out but the injuries and last minute player movement keeps them from actually having a firm grip on what the odds should be.

LABillsFan
09-01-2003, 01:00 PM
Last year most of Houston's games were double digit odds as well. It should be an interesting week figuring out which games Vegas is trying to lure people into.

Tatonka
09-01-2003, 02:26 PM
i will take indy over cleveland in a heartbeat.. +3.. you kidding me?

and the over on that game as well.

LABillsFan
09-01-2003, 06:56 PM
Where do you see +3? This site has the game at 1.5

TigerJ
09-01-2003, 07:31 PM
I think around the league both the Bills and Patriots are seen as having improved their respective defences, though I think Buffalo has made bigger strides. Buffalo is also seen as having taken a small step backwards on offence with the loss of Price, not to mention Remiersma and Centers. There is also the lingering suspicion on the part of some that Belichick has Bledoe's and the Bills' number. That is enough to at least partially neutralize Buffalo's home field advantage. A Buffalo win will change a lot of minds around the league about the rest of the season.

Tatonka
09-01-2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by LABillsFan
Where do you see +3? This site has the game at 1.5

my bad.. i was looking at the wrong game.. regardless, indy is the bet there.. see my write up on this week.

HotRod
09-02-2003, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
You guys will have a close game IMO...but you guys don't want to be looking behind us already do ya? ;) You know we're going to kill the Texans, which pisses me off, I wish we had a harder opener. :(

If you guys win, you will have all the respect you deserve, which could happen.

:)

I'm sure Dallas thought the same thing about their opener against Houston. So don't take them lightly, wait - go ahead any loss for the Dolphins is good for us. :)

LABillsFan
09-02-2003, 09:42 AM
The one thing I like about this site is the updates through out the day. In fact there's been some significant movement from the time I started this thread. Caeser's now has the Pats -1. A lot of corrections will be happening during the rest of the week.

Dozerdog
09-02-2003, 09:50 AM
[shameless zone plug]

Feel free to wager Zonebucks with Fat Tony on all the NFL/College action in our Sports Bar forum

[/shameless zone plug]

Earthquake Enyart
09-02-2003, 10:01 AM
I'm surprised the Bills are favored. :couch:

I would have thought the line to be Pats -3.5