PDA

View Full Version : Clayton on the bills.

Tatonka
09-01-2003, 06:07 PM
Here are a few other teams to watch:

Buffalo Bills: Except for the Patriots, who added former Bears Ted Washington and Rosevelt Colvin, the Bills did the best job this offseason of improving a front defensive seven. Putting Sam Adams next to Pat Williams makes the Bills a tough team to run against. Last year they ranked 29th, giving up 132.6 yards a game. Giving London Fletcher two outside linebackers as good as Takeo Spikes and Jeff Posey should improve the team's ability to make big stops and force turnovers. The problem facing the Bills is how much more they can improve. They jumped five games last year by bringing in Drew Bledsoe to run the offense. To get into the 9-11 win area, the Bills have to step over teams such as Miami and New England and improve their 2-4 division record. Defensively, the Bills should improve. Offensively, they won't be as explosive because they couldn't afford to fix the defense and keep wide receiver Peerless Price. They will have to make up the difference for Price with two possession receivers -- Bobby Shaw and Josh Reed.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/preview03/columns/clayton_john/1604829.html

ArcticWildMan
09-01-2003, 06:11 PM
The Ravens and Buccs showed it doesn't take an explosive offense to win a championship :D

LABillsFan
09-01-2003, 06:40 PM
Clayton has a keen eye for the obvious. Did he happen to mention that if the Bills Defense can hold The Pats to 17 and the Offense scores at least 18, the Bills have a good chance of winning the game?

Tatonka
09-01-2003, 06:59 PM
:lol:

don137
09-01-2003, 07:35 PM
One thing I think will help the Bills that a lot of these experts failed to mention is special teams. I think Buffalo upgraded a lot in there punt and kick off return guys which will result in a shorter field for the Bills offense.

Jan Reimers
09-01-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by don137
One thing I think will help the Bills that a lot of these experts failed to mention is special teams. I think Buffalo upgraded a lot in there punt and kick off return guys which will result in a shorter field for the Bills offense.

Excellent point.

XNOUGHT
09-01-2003, 07:47 PM
My article has more insight then Clayton's last 10 articles.

The_Philster
09-01-2003, 07:50 PM
When you consider that Clayton was reporting that Kelly was gonna sign with the Steelers after the 96 season, I check for other sources before I believe all he says.

Schobel94
09-01-2003, 10:06 PM
Good point on special teams. Our ST's I think are the most improved part of the team. Good kicking, great punting, good coverage, and AMAZING returns. This will put our O in a better position to score. Its easier to score starting at your 40 instead of your 20.

MDFINFAN
09-02-2003, 02:32 AM
You guys sound like some Phins Fans I know when a article don't say all you want it to say. Remember in his defense and like all of us outside of your team. We feel your O got slower, that's all. this doesn't mean you won't do good, but you've got to understand, we saw speed galore on your team last year and now we see some of it gone. So your O is a ? for a lot of people. I've said for a long time, until you prove otherwise, people see you as a passing team, and you've lost some of your speed in that department. So unless Gilbrite truely runs and proves to the world you guys have truly change, you will read stories like that until the season starts. It just like the phins Dec. thing. I think it's baloney, but until the team has a winning record in Dec. they will be labeled a choked.

don137
09-02-2003, 05:53 AM
The fins doing terrible in December is more than just baloney...There is a lot of merit to it. Climate has a big impact on games. The fish are not as good in the cold but they have an advantage in September in games in south Florida. Teams playing at Denver are also at a disadvantage because of the air.