PDA

View Full Version : Peter King Says Super Bowl for Bills!

saviorbledsoe
09-01-2003, 08:50 PM
I'm picking a Rams-Bills Super Bowl.

Nothing all that mysterious about it. Actually, I'm going with the chalk, which says you should pick at least one team that is on course to continue rising from the mist -- for me, that team is Buffalo. And the chalk says to go with any other team besides Cincinnati or Arizona. That's St. Louis this time around.

The team I like the most at this moment is Tampa Bay, but the law of averages suggests it would be stupid to fall in love with the Bucs. Since the 1979 season, which marked the end of the Pittsburgh Steelers dynasty, 24 Super Bowls have been played. During that span, only three teams have won back-to-back titles. Something's going to happen to Tampa this season to prevent the Bucs from repeating as champs. I don't know what it will be. Insidious selfishness? Brad Johnson going down? Key defensive guys getting hurt? Jon Gruden sleeping until 5:30 a.m.? I can't tell you what, exactly, but something will transpire.

Now you're wondering why I picked St. Louis and Buffalo. I think this the Rams' last stand. Marshall Faulk and his weak knees are getting old. Faulk is smart enough to be a general manager someday, if he wants to be one, but I think this will be the last high-impact year he'll have as a player. I believe in Kurt Warner more than the average St. Louisan. However, two things worry me about the Rams: Orlando Pace and the secondary. Pace's constant holdouts have become divisive; he'll give St. Louis this year and then who knows? I think defensive coordinator Lovie Smith will figure out a way to get enough pressure from his defensive front.

Regarding the Bills: New additions Jeff Posey and Takeo Spikes will make the linebackers group a premier one. Cornerback Antoine Winfield will emerge as a real star. The offense will be more balanced, by far, than any in its division. Running back Travis Henry will be reliable and great. An anonymous offensive line will hold up.

Here is the link...he lays it out for you..... http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=lasthurrah&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

Peter King is more respected than that dude who picked Miami to go undefeated anyway :)

fushetti
09-01-2003, 08:53 PM
Yeah, but he says we lose.

saviorbledsoe
09-01-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by fushetti
Yeah, but he says we lose.

:lolpoint: He is a really smart guy except for that part :)

MDFINFAN
09-02-2003, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe

:lolpoint: He is a really smart guy except for that part :)

A real homer aren't we..As long as it says the Bills win..huh?

And SD, you knew I would come after you, so don't get mad..:bigwave:

clumping platelets
09-02-2003, 03:00 AM
In this day of parity, nothing surprises me. Each year, some team unexpectedly does better than originally thought. So why not the Bills?