PDA

View Full Version : Here are your BEST BETS for this weekend...

Tatonka
09-01-2003, 10:22 PM
Wys and I have been throwing around the idea of starting a handicappers corner. I dont know how many of you are gamblers here, but I do wager on NFL football almost every weekend.

I typically bet three games a week. Wys wants to kind of keep a running poll of record ect going. i think there are a couple others that he is going to invite.

anyways, here are my wagers that i will be going with this weekend. It is always smart to go light on the bets early on, while getting a feel for the teams, but these matchups stood out to me. sometimes you can also catch vegas sleeping early on.

BEST BETS>>>>>>

Jets vs Redskins (-3) - I like the Jets here. Washington has no one left to stop the run. Vinny shouldn't have to be much of a factor, as I see the Jets pounding the ball with a healthy Curtis Martin. They will try to control the clock, and push Ramsey into costly mistakes. I will take the points.

Colts vs Browns (-1) - I like Indy here. Cleveland just lost their starting LT, Verba, for the season. Indy's defense should be improved, while Clevelands should be worse. I will take the points.

Patriots vs. Bills (-1) UNDER 46.5 - The over/under in this game is predicting around 23 points a team, and looks too high to me. I think both defenses are improved enough that this will be a tight game that will yield a low final score. Want an incredible stat to show the nature of the matchup between these two teams? the UNDER is 9-1 in the last 10 games they have played. the last time the game went over was in 1998, when NE won 25-21 at home, with Drew Bledsoe at the helm for the pats.

Tatonka
09-01-2003, 10:28 PM
my other leans at this point are...
Giants/Rams OVER 46.5 - lotta points should be scored.

Seahawks/Saints OVER 48 - same thing here. tons of offense, so so defense

Texans vs Dolphins (-13.5) - spread is too big to bet this early, but the fish should cover this easily.

Bucs vs Eagles (-3) - the bucs have not gotten any worse. i would think the champs will come out swinging.

Tatonka
09-01-2003, 10:40 PM
by the way, if any of you are gamblers and looking for a website to use to place your bets legally, PM me. i have been with the same company for 8 years and never had a single problem.

you can put bets on pretty much every thing from the bills winning the superbowl (at 33/1 odds currently) to weekly spreads and totals.

cordog
09-01-2003, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the tips man! Thats a great idea to start a handicappers corner. I like the Jets and Indy also.

Tatonka
09-01-2003, 11:22 PM
np man.

Tatonka
09-01-2003, 11:23 PM
ps.. if you play FF for money, your a gambler.. dont kid yourself :snicker:

Tatonka
09-02-2003, 08:12 AM
where is wys at.. he needs to post his picks too. :D

eyedog
09-02-2003, 08:26 AM
Good idea T. I'm also a gambler. Couple of things, Vegas is never caught "sleeping" on the NFL. They know these teams cold. This is their main action as everybody wagers on this league compared to the rest of the sports. Thats not to say a blowout can't happen because we know they do. Now college is a different story. With 117 Div.-1A teams, you can find some weak lines in the early going. After 3 or 4 weeks the lines are real tough there also.
For this week I also like the "under" in the Bills/Pats game, Rams over giants, and the Bills over Pats. I haven't locked into a line yet. As you probably know these two games are moving a lot over the last couple of days. Who is your offshore ?

Earthquake Enyart
09-02-2003, 08:27 AM
I like:

Bears / niners under

Bears have a great D and will have a lot of trouble putting up any points. Still not sold on Garcia's health.

TB +3

Any time the Bucs get points, count me in.

Hou / Mia over

Miami may get the over by themselves.

Atl +2

Johnson isn't a bad QB. Just watch.

SD +6

This seems like too much wood for KC to cover.
:$: