PDA

View Full Version : I sure miss Phil Hanson.

mchurchfie
09-02-2003, 08:41 AM
Man, that guy was a warrior.:up:

LtBillsFan66
09-02-2003, 08:43 AM
I'll always remember him for making tackles downfield. That's great for a DE. He never gave up between the whistles.

BillsOverDolphins
09-02-2003, 08:43 AM
true..that guy was the man...him and Smith were a killer DE combo

Earthquake Enyart
09-02-2003, 09:04 AM
Phil Hanson was one of the most overrated Bills of all time. :eek:

The Spaz
09-02-2003, 09:24 AM
Overrated WTF are you smoking? The guy came to battle everyday and gave it his all.

Earthquake Enyart
09-02-2003, 09:33 AM
Walt Patulski or Al Cowlings would look good playing with Bruce Smith.

The Spaz
09-02-2003, 09:45 AM
Did they I don't think so!

mchurchfie
09-02-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

Yeah, they WOULD all look good playing together...at the local Monday night Bingo.:eek:

mchurchfie
09-02-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

Yeah, they WOULD all look good playing together...at the local Monday night Bingo.:eek::snicker:

Tatonka
09-02-2003, 01:21 PM
i agree.. hansen was overrated.. he was a fan favorite. but he was never a force.. he did his job for the most part.. he stopped the run well.. but since when does quietly doing your job turn you into a stud?

he wasnt.. he was not good at getting sacks, which is a DEs job.

i like the guy.. liked him alot.. but i dont see him as being something that denny or anyone couldnt be this year.

The Spaz
09-02-2003, 01:24 PM
The thing is he was there everynight played through injuries not every player does that!

Dozerdog
09-02-2003, 01:34 PM
The Comeback

I remember Hanson coming out of nowhere during the Oiler's last drive to stop a 3rd down play- one of their WR's looked like he had a clear path to a first, maybe even the end zone with time running out - Hansen ran clear across the field to haul the guy down to force the game-tying FG

mchurchfie
09-02-2003, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i agree.. hansen was overrated.. he was a fan favorite. but he was never a force.. he did his job for the most part.. he stopped the run well.. but since when does quietly doing your job turn you into a stud?

he wasnt.. he was not good at getting sacks, which is a DEs job.

i like the guy.. liked him alot.. but i dont see him as being something that denny or anyone couldnt be this year.

No one ever said he was a stud but he was a very solid defensive end, not just a quiet nobody. He had 61.5 sacks for his career...not too shabby if you ask me. He is only the third person to surpass 50 sacks in a Buffalo Bills uniform. Denny couldn't hold his jockstrap right now in my opinion. That side of the line hasn't been the same since he left, I can tell you that...I wish someone would step up to the plate.

Earthquake Enyart
09-02-2003, 04:06 PM
The left side of the line hasn't been the same since Bruce left the right side. :shakeno:

I don't remember Hansen piling up big numbers the year after Bruce left.

Dozerdog
09-02-2003, 04:19 PM
Phil Hansen Photo Gallery (http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=search&type=full&search=hansen)

Trip down memory lane.

Add more here and I'll make sure it gets into the album (with the contributor's name under it)

The_Philster
09-02-2003, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by mchurchfie
Man, that guy was a warrior.:up:

Couldn't agree more. helmetguy and I tried to talk him into coming back when we saw him in Canton last year...but no dice.

Tatonka
09-02-2003, 05:38 PM
61 sacks in the 39 years he played is not that good. :D