PDA

View Full Version : Hensen or Milloy

Bruce is Loose
09-02-2003, 09:53 AM
Ill bet all my zonebucks that we sign at least one of the two. HOw many cap dollars do we have?

Shiny Chicken
09-02-2003, 09:54 AM
I'll take that bet :D

The Spaz
09-02-2003, 09:55 AM
Well hmmm that would be quite interesting to get either. I will say either I don't care, but both are definitely worth to inquire about!:)

Bruce is Loose
09-02-2003, 09:57 AM
ok shiny chicken... 554 zonebucks it is. I just cant believe TD wont use up our $$$.

THATHURMANATOR
09-02-2003, 09:58 AM
Hensen is going to go back into the draft next year.

ArcticWildMan
09-02-2003, 09:59 AM
TD is building this team for a SB run next year. Henson doesn't help us at all. Milloy could help, but we need a stud DE a lot more.

Now, if Milloy agrees to a very cap friendly contract, then it's possible. Other than that, I don't see either being signed.

Bruce is Loose
09-02-2003, 09:59 AM
I imagine it will be milloy before Henson - we need another safety and hes probably the top FA avaliable now.
Henson is a thought but in all honesty we still have Bledsoe for a few good years.

Bruce is Loose
09-02-2003, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
Hensen is going to go back into the draft next year.
Is that a fact or a prediction?

ArcticWildMan
09-02-2003, 10:02 AM
Most likely fact. Why would he let his fate be decided by the Texans who have no urge to keep him?

He can control his destiny a lot better by refusing to sign with the Texans and entering the draft next year.

Shiny Chicken
09-02-2003, 10:05 AM
He's already indicated he's cooperate in a trade deal, though.

And that's just the reason why I'm quite sure we won't get him. There's no way TD will give up a first rounder for him, and that's what the Texans want.

As far as Milloy is concerned.... there's a possibility... but somehow I doubt it.

THATHURMANATOR
09-02-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by tanked

Is that a fact or a prediction?

Prediction. If he is a fa I would love for us to get him.

DraftBoy
09-02-2003, 10:26 AM
He has already increased neogtiations with the Texans on a deal, sitting out some more would likely not help out his draft status and make the Texans look stupid for picking him up. I bet its a sign and trade deal.

ArcticWildMan
09-02-2003, 10:32 AM
He's marketable for a 3rd round pick, but not a first.

If the numbers I saw in ESPN last night are accurate, no way in hell is the kid worth a 1st round pick. He only has 16 or so games as a starter under his belt his entire college career!

Throne Logic
09-02-2003, 10:35 AM
There is no way someone will trade a #1 for an unknown QB who's been out of football for a while to play baseball. No way, no how, forget it, not going to happen.

Shiny Chicken
09-02-2003, 10:44 AM
Not even the Bengals?? :snicker:

Don't get me wrong about Milloy.... I would love to lose this bet and see him here... I just doubt it's going to happen.

Demon
09-02-2003, 11:12 AM
There is NO WAY Henson will enter the draft next year. Houston will sign him to a small contract now and he since they have 2 solid QB's, they will hype him up from practice and maybe give him one game and then trade him for a 2nd round pick in the off-season.

The_Philster
09-02-2003, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Chicken
Not even the Bengals?? :snicker:

Maybe next year...they picked up Carson Palmer in the draft this year. ;)

Bruce is Loose
09-03-2003, 12:05 AM
i hear bledsoe has been talking to milloy trying to get him here

Dozerdog
09-03-2003, 12:15 AM
John Clayton on ESPN News says that Henson WILL NOT be plating for anyone other than Houston this season-

Since he held out past the deadline to sign rookies, he can ONLY sign with Houston to fit in the rookie cap. He WILL NOT go anywhere else.

Clayton reported that he will probably sign with the Texans, practice and participate with the team during the season, and then be traded in the offseason- and probably have his choice of teams to select from. (to a point)

Clayton brought up the point that Henson will probably go this route instead of hold out until next season's draft because he won't be a top pick, and will not gain financially- plus, he will not have any destiny on which club he will join. Signing with the Texans allows him to do this to a degree, as well as get him into the new team's system ASAP, instead of waiting until TC.

Shiny Chicken
09-03-2003, 12:30 AM
All I gotta say is that I hope I gotta pay you 554 ZB's in the morning, tanked.

Bruce is Loose
09-03-2003, 12:32 AM
i hope so too man... lets keep our fingers crossed

northernbillfan
09-03-2003, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
Henson WILL NOT be plating for anyone other than Houston this season-

So he's going to be the bus boy for the luxury suites at Houston's stadium? "Are you finished with that plate?"

BuffaloRanger
09-03-2003, 12:49 AM
Milloy is the the only missing piece available. There is no DE worth picking up. Pro-Bowl Safety's don't come around too often.

"Lawyer, you were a Captain on a team that just released you. You feel insulted, betrayed, and are looking for some revenge.

Hey, aren't the Bills playing your old team in just 4 days?"

How's that for revenge?

Sign Lawyer Sign!

Shiny Chicken
09-03-2003, 04:28 PM
Nice early call, tanked... I'm glad I was wrong... and those were the happiest ZB's I've ever paid, most definitely :D