PDA

View Full Version : Week 1: No maps yet.

Historian
09-07-2022, 12:24 AM
Just announcers

https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2022&wk=1

OpIv37
09-07-2022, 01:29 AM
This reminds me of how much money I'm going to waste on Sunday Ticket this year.

We have 5 night games plus the Thanksgiving game that will all be national. The Ravens game will be on locally, so that's at least 7 games that I won't need the Ticket for. On top of that, on the day we play the Steelers, the Ravens have the night game, and since the Steelers are in the Ravens' division, that will likely be on locally as well. So, that's at least 8 games that will be on locally.

The Chiefs game is a 4:25 game and the Ravens have the early game that day, so that one has a good chance of being on locally as well.

notacon
09-07-2022, 05:55 AM
They are up now.....

CBS Early...

https://506sports.com/2022/01-CBS-E.png

Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati
Ian Eagle, Charles Davis

New England @ Miami
Greg Gumbel, Adam Archuleta

Baltimore @ NY Jets
Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

Cleveland @ Carolina
Spero Dedes, Jay Feely

Indianapolis @ Houston

CBS Late....

https://506sports.com/2022/01-CBS-L.png

Kansas City @ Arizona
Jim Nantz, Tony Romo

Las Vegas @ LA Chargers
Kevin Harlan, Trent Green

Fox Early.....

https://506sports.com/2022/01-FOX-E.png

San Francisco @ Chicago
Joe Davis, Daryl Johnston

Philadelphia @ Detroit
Adam Amin, Mark Schlereth

New Orleans @ Atlanta
Kenny Albert, Jonathan Vilma

Jacksonville @ Washington
Chris Myers, Robert Smith

Fox Late....

https://506sports.com/2022/01-FOX-L.png

<article style="font-size: 16px; white-space: normal; box-sizing: border-box; margin: 0px 0px 3em; padding: 0px; border: 0px; font-family: &quot;Source Sans Pro&quot;, sans-serif; font-stretch: inherit; line-height: inherit; vertical-align: baseline; caret-color: rgb(86, 86, 86); color: rgb(86, 86, 86); height: auto !important;">█
Green Bay @ Minnesota
Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen

NY Giants @ Tennessee
Kevin Kugler, Mark Sanchez

</article>

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-07-2022, 07:11 AM
This reminds me of how much money I'm going to waste on Sunday Ticket this year.

We have 5 night games plus the Thanksgiving game that will all be national. The Ravens game will be on locally, so that's at least 7 games that I won't need the Ticket for. On top of that, on the day we play the Steelers, the Ravens have the night game, and since the Steelers are in the Ravens' division, that will likely be on locally as well. So, that's at least 8 games that will be on locally.

The Chiefs game is a 4:25 game and the Ravens have the early game that day, so that one has a good chance of being on locally as well.

Wasting money on Sunday Ticket means your team is good. ��

notacon
09-08-2022, 05:01 AM
I don’t think paying for Sunday Ticket is a “waste of money”. Having to pay for Direct TV service IS!

I can’t wait for the announcement on what streaming service wins the contract for 2023 and beyond. I will happily pay for it.

Especially after watching the first Amazon Prime broadcast of one preseason game. Unlike my cable service, it was in 4K. It was the first time I have watched a football game in glorious 4K.

It was an almost religious experience to watch a game with that clarity. :D:

I expect the winner of the Sunday Ticket streaming contract will broadcast every game in 4K.

OpIv37
09-08-2022, 07:14 AM
I don’t think paying for Sunday Ticket is a “waste of money”. Having to pay for Direct TV service IS!

I can’t wait for the announcement on what streaming service wins the contract for 2023 and beyond. I will happily pay for it.

Especially after watching the first Amazon Prime broadcast of one preseason game. Unlike my cable service, it was in 4K. It was the first time I have watched a football game in glorious 4K.

It was an almost religious experience to watch a game with that clarity. :D:

I expect the winner of the Sunday Ticket streaming contract will broadcast every game in 4K.

I doubt it. I don't think there is enough 4k equipment yet. DirecTV has 3 or 4 4K channels and most of them don't even have 24 hour content. Notre Dame home games are usually in 4K, as are the night games on NBC, but as of right now, there are 0 Sunday afternoon games in 4k.

OpIv37
09-08-2022, 07:17 AM
FWIW I just contacted DirecTV and threatened to cancel the Ticket because so many of our games will be on locally. They knocked about 25% of the cost off

notacon
09-09-2022, 01:13 PM
I doubt it. I don't think there is enough 4k equipment yet. DirecTV has 3 or 4 4K channels and most of them don't even have 24 hour content. Notre Dame home games are usually in 4K, as are the night games on NBC, but as of right now, there are 0 Sunday afternoon games in 4k.

Unfortunately, you are probably right.

The frustrating part is that shooting in 4K is relatively easy and the streaming companies have required content to be shot in 4K for years. Well before 4K tv’s were even available.

In 2017 I was on the set of a tv series being shot for Netflix and they (the technicians) told me that 4K (and now probably 8K) content was required by Netflix years ago....future proofing their content.

The equipment needed to shoot with 4K is really not that special, nor very expensive. ****, Apple has offered 4K capability on their iPhone since 2015.

NBC did broadcast the Olympics in 4K...through their partner streaming services like FuboTV and Youtube TV.

We’ll see what happens.