PDA

View Full Version : What will your panic level be if we start 0-1 again?

mightysimi
09-07-2022, 03:14 AM
I am a proponent of not taking too much stock in week 1 as there is no tape and everyone has new players and are doing new things. That leads to sloppiness or busted coverages and every year there is a team that shouldn't win, winning in week 1.

So I ask, what will your panic level be if we lose?

Does it matter how bad we lose?

Is it worst this season with the juggernaut of games to open up?

Myself personally if we lose but I see all the things that made us successful happen, I will be satisfied that we will at least be in the dance and probably win the division.

Thoughts?

ParanoidAndroid
09-07-2022, 03:20 AM
If we lose to the Superbowl champs in their stadium?

It depends on the manner of the loss.

Woodman
09-07-2022, 03:21 AM
You need to ask an Irish fan :D

OpIv37
09-07-2022, 03:29 AM
If we get blown out, I'll be concerned.

If it's a close loss, it's to be expected. It's an opposite coast road game against the defending SB champs on the night where they raise the banner. It's the hardest game on the schedule. And it's a non-division, non-conference game, so it won't have as big an impact as a conf loss.

BuffaloBlitz83
09-07-2022, 03:33 AM
If we lose the Titans is a must win game

cookie G
09-07-2022, 03:34 AM
Unless they completely crap the bed, no panic level.

Its a 17 game season, and they probably have the toughest first test you can be given. If they lose, they regroup and they refocus. They put a chip on their shoulder. And if they have believed the preseason hype a little too much, the hype disappears and they to focus on future opponents.

I've always thought they play better when they are PO'd.

But I still think they are going to be focused.

Woodman
09-07-2022, 03:35 AM
If we lose the Titans is a must win game

For me it's a must win even if we win Thursday night and more important for obvious reasons.

Canadian'eh!
09-07-2022, 03:38 AM
Honestly. It's one game, big pressure to open the season on the road against the Champs.

I won't worry very much at all. If we lost to the Titans week 2 I'll start being a bit concerned.

notacon
09-07-2022, 04:08 AM
ZERO!!!

In the end, losing to any NFC team is not even close to as bad as doing the same to an AFC team.

The Bills (nor any NFL team) is going to go undefeated. The Bills need lock down the #1 seed to have the best chance to get to the Super Bowl.

The most critical wins are against those teams that they will be competing with in the AFC for tie breakers.

mightysimi
09-07-2022, 04:10 AM
Honestly. It's one game, big pressure to open the season on the road against the Champs.

I won't worry very much at all. If we lost to the Titans week 2 I'll start being a bit concerned.
Yeah for sure. AFC opponents all have to be beat.

OpIv37
09-07-2022, 04:11 AM
For me it's a must win even if we win Thursday night and more important for obvious reasons.

For me, Tennessee is the measuring stick. KC usually beats us but we have shown that we can beat them. Ten has had our number the last two years. I'll believe we can beat Ten if and only if it happens, but if we do, I think it's a really good sign that this team actually has taken the next step.

Woodman
09-07-2022, 04:15 AM
For me, Tennessee is the measuring stick. KC usually beats us but we have shown that we can beat them. Ten has had our number the last two years. I'll believe we can beat Ten if and only if it happens, but if we do, I think it's a really good sign that this team actually has taken the next step.
I'm really looking forward to that matchup it's a monster. :gobills:

Ed
09-07-2022, 04:29 AM
No panic, just disappointment. As much as I want to see a win like everyone else, the reality is that your NFC road games are probably the least important on the schedule. The only thing that should cause panic in September are significant season ending injuries.

sukie
09-07-2022, 04:49 AM
I would wanna know why they couldn’t get to Stafford. That is how they lose. If they get a rush. Bills win.

mightysimi
09-07-2022, 05:15 AM
I would wanna know why they couldn’t get to Stafford. That is how they lose. If they get a rush. Bills win.

Especially with a LT that retired and a LG in Cincy I think, it would be a genuine concern for sure.

notacon
09-07-2022, 05:44 AM

Still living in the past I see.

No. Each year is different, and Tennessee is a different team than last year, and the year before.

Last year, they kinda-sorta beat us. No way to watch the end of that game (and Josh Allen’s terrible 4th quarter drive that could have locked up the game, but he payed too much hero ball) and the famous slip on 4th down (when the safe thing to do is to tie it up) and think that "Ten has had our number”.

The two recent loses were both on the road. The game in 2020 was a joke because it kept on being moved because of Covid.

You said the same thing ("I'll believe we can beat (Ten, KC, NE....and on and on and on) if and only if it happens”) concerning New England. And when the Bills beat the everlasting crap out of them (especially handing Bill Belichick his most embarrassing loss EVER in the ****ing playoffs) it was not enough for you to say "it's a really good sign that this team actually has taken the next step.”.

Give it up Opi. Your Negative Nancy crap is tiresome.

Mr. Pink
09-07-2022, 05:51 AM
No panic.

We're going on a cross country roadtrip to play the defending Super Bowl Champs.

We have a shot at winning this game don't get me wrong, but I don't expect a W out of this one.

Cooper Kupp doing whatever he wants tomorrow night is a real possibility.

OpIv37
09-07-2022, 06:04 AM
Still living in the past I see.

No. Each year is different, and Tennessee is a different team than last year, and the year before.

Last year, they kinda-sorta beat us. No way to watch the end of that game (and Josh Allen’s terrible 4th quarter drive that could have locked up the game, but he payed too much hero ball) and the famous slip on 4th down (when the safe thing to do is to tie it up) and think that "Ten has had our number”.

The two recent loses were both on the road. The game in 2020 was a joke because it kept on being moved because of Covid.

You said the same thing ("I'll believe we can beat (Ten, KC, NE....and on and on and on) if and only if it happens”) concerning New England. And when the Bills beat the everlasting crap out of them (especially handing Bill Belichick his most embarrassing loss EVER in the ****ing playoffs) it was not enough for you to say "it's a really good sign that this team actually has taken the next step.”.

Give it up Opi. Your Negative Nancy crap is tiresome.

Until we prove we can beat them, it's not the past. It's the present. And it's not negativity to state what ACTUALLY HAPPENED. They beat us the last two years.

And we didn't take the next step last year. It had the same result as the year before: a loss to KC in the playoffs.

notacon
09-07-2022, 06:08 AM
Until we prove we can beat them, it's not the past. It's the present. And it's not negativity to state what ACTUALLY HAPPENED. They beat us the last two years.

And we didn't take the next step last year. It had the same result as the year before: a loss to KC in the playoffs.
Proving my point. The Zone’s #1 Negative Nancy is in constant PTSD. :rofl:

OpIv37
09-07-2022, 06:11 AM
Proving my point. The Zone’s #1 Negative Nancy is in constant PTSD. :rofl:

It's not being negative to need proof before believing we can beat teams that have beat us in the past. You think we can beat them based on nothing but "YAAAAAAAY TEAM! GO BILLLLLS!!!!" They've done NOTHING to prove it.

notacon
09-07-2022, 06:31 AM
It's not being negative to need proof before believing we can beat teams that have beat us in the past. You think we can beat them based on nothing but "YAAAAAAAY TEAM! GO BILLLLLS!!!!" They've done NOTHING to prove it.

:poop:

mightysimi
09-07-2022, 08:12 AM
Your take on TEN makes sense if the teams were the same. If you are suggesting a mental block against the logo, ok but the team isn't the same one that beat us. Landry won't be playing, Saffold is on our team Brown is in philly and Julio is in Tampa.

Just look at how different our D line is. They aren't the same teams lining up.

OpIv37
09-07-2022, 08:19 AM
Your take on TEN makes sense if the teams were the same. If you are suggesting a mental block against the logo, ok but the team isn't the same one that beat us. Landry won't be playing, Saffold is on our team Brown is in philly and Julio is in Tampa.

Just look at how different our D line is. They aren't the same teams lining up.

Ok. They still have Henry. They still have Tannehill.

We were supposed to have closed the gap enough to beat them last year. And the year before that. We didn't.

For nearly two decades, the whole summer on this message board was people trying to tell me that NE lost too many guys and wasn't the team they were the previous year, and this was the year we were finally going to get them- only to watch them beat us twice and win the div yet again.

So, when we struggle to beat a team, I'm never going to believe that we caught up with them based on off-season transactions. I'll believe it if and only if it happens.

mightysimi
09-07-2022, 08:22 AM
Ok. They still have Henry. They still have Tannehill.

We were supposed to have closed the gap enough to beat them last year. And the year before that. We didn't.

For nearly two decades, the whole summer on this message board was people trying to tell me that NE lost too many guys and wasn't the team they were the previous year, and this was the year we were finally going to get them- only to watch them beat us twice and win the div yet again.

So, when we struggle to beat a team, I'm never going to believe that we caught up with them based on off-season transactions. I'll believe it if and only if it happens.
You don't see the difference in having the best player of all time on their team vice Tannehill?

OpIv37
09-07-2022, 08:25 AM
You don't see the difference in having the best player of all time on their team vice Tannehill?

It's the same situation. Ten has been better than us the last two years. I'll believe that has changed if and only if it happens. Yes, Brady is leagues better than Tannehill but that doesn't change what has happened the last two times we played Ten.

Mace
09-07-2022, 08:47 AM

It's really pretty simple,not sure why people get upset with you about it. We'll prove we can beat the best teams, by.......beating the best teams.

Thinking we can or hoping we will doesn't prove anything whatever until it actually happens. There's nothing negative about that statement it's simple fact by definition of fact.

Historian
09-07-2022, 08:56 AM
If they start 1-3 I will panic.

Mace
09-07-2022, 09:07 AM
It won't be panic time. I'd be delighted if they came out sharp, but expect them to stumble out of the gate again, needing games to tune themselves up. Would be happy to be wrong.

I'll be plenty upset though if they come out flat or lose badly, or appear unprepared, because I see that as being entirely on McDermott, who I believe has something to prove this season. He needs to prove that he's up to it on a team loaded with talented personnel.

This is not new anymore. It's his 6th year as a head coach, and entirely his program loaded with talent. It's a veteran team, battle hardened with 4 trips to the playoffs that should be used to big games. This is a relatively big game against the champions, who I believe we could have beaten last season, a prime time showcase. We have to win across the country on the road sometimes, the 2023 Super Bowl will not be played on the east coast. He had preseason to get them ready for regular season, and this is where it starts where they can set a tone and shake off 13 seconds with a statement win.

Marv Levy.....right here, right now. Not, "s'ok, we'll do better next week,no worries". I want to see a hungry, well prepared team, led by a coach who has now learned how to keep his foot on the gas.

I can deal with a close loss, but I want to see them bring their "A" game and use it to the end.

mightysimi
09-07-2022, 09:16 AM
It's the same situation. Ten has been better than us the last two years. I'll believe that has changed if and only if it happens. Yes, Brady is leagues better than Tannehill but that doesn't change what has happened the last two times we played Ten.
Ten is still a good team but how many people do you think are willing to put them at the top of the conference again? How many people will for sure say they will even win the division over the colts? Not many.

Comparing the best qb of all time and arguably the best coach of all time with Ryan Tannehill, is a stretch too far that I am not willing to make.

Goobylal
09-07-2022, 09:26 AM
This is a game the Bills can afford to lose. On the road and out of conference.

Mace
09-07-2022, 09:30 AM
Ten is still a good team but how many people do you think are willing to put them at the top of the conference again? How many people will for sure say they will even win the division over the colts? Not many.

Comparing the best qb of all time and arguably the best coach of all time with Ryan Tannehill, is a stretch too far that I am not willing to make.

I wouldn't go near McDermott being the best coach of all time, don't even consider it arguable at this point, but the Titans match up well against our style, and Vrabel is patient enough to know it and simply keep using it. They need to be able to defeat that style of team that will pound away then slice with play action for 4 quarters.

YardRat
09-07-2022, 10:06 AM
No panic because I expect this to be a loss anyway, unless Allen puts up another game like the Patriot playoff game, or fourth quarter in KC, and Miller has a similar effect for the defense.

Canadian'eh!
09-07-2022, 10:21 AM
Also worth nothing our Week 1 CB play will almost certainly not be at the level of our week 17 CB play. Lots of experience to be gained and the return of Tre.

It's only 1 game. no matter what.

Edit: And if we lose I'm actually kind of hoping the Media overreacts and starts writing us off. I'm not comfortable with this whole "everyone is picking us to win it all" crap. I saw PFT's power rankings that have us 3rd behind the Rams and Brady's and I think it's perfect. We aren't the Champs of anything yet. I'd rather have the "let's prove them wrong" mindset than the "mountain of expectations" one.

Mace
09-07-2022, 11:07 AM
It's only 1 game. no matter what.

I think this is great for a team just starting off but not 6 years into a program loaded with talent, with 4 trips to the playoffs. I'm not on board with this any more. I felt like that was McDermott's excuse for 13 seconds, and I think it's getting real stale.

Play every game like it's THE game, and this could be a dominant team. Play every game like it's ok and there's next week or next season, and you'll be looking at this in the future with some bitter regrets over how close and yet so far that title was.

Cntrygal
09-07-2022, 11:16 AM
I wouldn't be in "panic" mode, but I will be very disappointed. The coaches and players talk a good game - but I want to see soul crushing dominance on the field... without having to have a "wake-up loss" before they get serious.

Mace
09-07-2022, 11:26 AM
I wouldn't be in "panic" mode, but I will be very disappointed. The coaches and players talk a good game - but I want to see soul crushing dominance on the field... without having to have a "wake-up loss" before they get serious.

Or even a couple wake up losses before they roll up a junk team and remember what they were doing. Just strikes me sometimes that McDermott just figures they'll run into someone to beat up easily to get things back on track.

OpIv37
09-07-2022, 11:28 AM

I'm not worried about how many other people are willing to put Ten at the top of the conference. Lots of people tried to convince me that we had closed the gap between us and better teams, and they were wrong for nearly 2 decades. Other people can have their opinions before the season even starts and 12 days before the game. I'll believe we're better than them if and only if we prove it.

Canadian'eh!
09-07-2022, 12:18 PM
I think this is great for a team just starting off but not 6 years into a program loaded with talent, with 4 trips to the playoffs. I'm not on board with this any more. I felt like that was McDermott's excuse for 13 seconds, and I think it's getting real stale.

Play every game like it's THE game, and this could be a dominant team. Play every game like it's ok and there's next week or next season, and you'll be looking at this in the future with some bitter regrets over how close and yet so far that title was.
I can assure you we will NOT go 20-0 on our way to being SB champs.

It's 1 game versus the defending champs on the road. It is not the whole season.

mightysimi
09-07-2022, 01:07 PM
I wouldn't go near McDermott being the best coach of all time, don't even consider it arguable at this point, but the Titans match up well against our style, and Vrabel is patient enough to know it and simply keep using it. They need to be able to defeat that style of team that will pound away then slice with play action for 4 quarters.
Brady and his coach Belicheck who is the arguably the best coach of all time.

mightysimi
09-07-2022, 01:19 PM
I'm not worried about how many other people are willing to put Ten at the top of the conference. Lots of people tried to convince me that we had closed the gap between us and better teams, and they were wrong for nearly 2 decades. Other people can have their opinions before the season even starts and 12 days before the game. I'll believe we're better than them if and only if we prove it.
I don't follow your logic at all. Message board people tried to convince you that you were wrong so therefore you are right about this? I guess that's a take.

We last beat the Bengals, they last beat the Chiefs and Tennessee, are they better than us? Or we are better than them but they are better than Tennessee and the Chiefs who I guess we tie with. So confusing.

notacon
09-07-2022, 01:45 PM
I don't follow your logic at all. Message board people tried to convince you that you were wrong so therefore you are right about this? I guess that's a take.

We last beat the Bengals, they last beat the Chiefs and Tennessee, are they better than us? Or we are better than them but they are better than Tennessee and the Chiefs who I guess we tie with. So confusing.
Opi has been wrong with most of his predictions. I have chronicled them many times.

If there is any FACT in the NFL is that good teams (and not so good team) lose to other good teams. All the time. Especially during the regular season.

LA Rams lost to Tenn last year too. LA Rams lost to the Bills two years ago. So what???

LA Rams lost to Arizona, Tenn, San Fran (twice) & Green Bay last year. Again...so what????

Last year KC lost to Tenn and Buffalo. They also lost to Baltimore, LA Chargers, and Cincy.

Cincy lost to Green Bay, LA Chargers, San Fran and Cleveland (twice) and threw in a bad loss to Chicago.

And Tenn had terrible losses to two of the worst team in the NFL last year, Houston and NY Jets. They got creamed by NE. The Bills beat the **** out of NE TWICE....the second time in the playoffs in an epically historic embarrassing beat down of Belichik’s whole future HOF career. The only way NE could beat the Bills that past two years is in a ****ing hurricane.

And this was after Opi told us time and time and time and time again and again that there was NO WAY the Bills would beat BB.

I could go on and on and on.

Opi is suffering from long term Buffalo PTSD. If the Bills went 20-0, he would find something to whine about.

jamze132
09-07-2022, 11:10 PM
There shouldn’t be any panic whatsoever. One of these teams has to lose this game (barring a tie) and they’re both being picked by experts to be playing in February. Does anyone really think the Rams are going to panic if they lose?

It’s a long season and it’s how you finish…not Week 1.

imbondz
09-07-2022, 11:34 PM
Zero panic if we lose tonight. The Rams are legit. We don’t have to win every game we just have to win our division and make the playoffs. Our window to win the Super Bowl is now.

Joe Fo Sho
09-08-2022, 01:29 AM

Do we still have our avatar bet?

Did that thread get deleted?

OpIv37
09-08-2022, 01:40 AM

What's not to follow? We've struggled to beat the Titans. People are saying that we can beat them now because of what happened in the offseason, but we haven't proven it.

Many, many times in the past, people have said we've closed the gap between us and a better team based on what happened in the offseason, yet when we actually played said team, we still lost.

We were supposed to be better than the Titans on paper last year, but we still lost to them. Maybe we're better than the Titans this year. I'm not going to believe it because of what's on paper. I'll believe it if and only if we prove it.

OpIv37
09-08-2022, 01:42 AM
Do we still have our avatar bet?

Did that thread get deleted?

I remember making the bet but I don't remember the details. So, if you remember, or if you can find the thread, then I will certainly honor the terms.

Joe Fo Sho
09-08-2022, 01:54 AM
I remember making the bet but I don't remember the details. So, if you remember, or if you can find the thread, then I will certainly honor the terms.

I think the thread got deleted, but here's what I remember.

You predicted the Bills start 3-5 this year. If the Bills start 3-5 or worse, you win. If they start 4-4 or better, I win.

You have to change your avatar to this:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/1/1c/Profile_-_Eeyore.png/revision/latest?cb=20210516060155

Link because that doesn't seem to work ---> https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/1/1c/Profile_-_Eeyore.png/revision/latest?cb=20210516060155

You never chose an avatar for me if you win.

OpIv37
09-08-2022, 01:55 AM
I think the thread got deleted, but here's what I remember.

You predicted the Bills start 3-5 this year. If the Bills start 3-5 or worse, you win. If they start 4-4 or better, I win.

You have to change your avatar to this:

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/1/1c/Profile_-_Eeyore.png/revision/latest?cb=20210516060155

You never chose an avatar for me if you win.

Your image didn't come through but yes, that sounds correct to me. I will find an avatar for you after I get some work done.

Joe Fo Sho
09-08-2022, 02:02 AM
Your image didn't come through but yes, that sounds correct to me. I will find an avatar for you after I get some work done.

Sounds good. Here's the link to the image as it won't show up if I try to embed it ----> https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/disney/images/1/1c/Profile_-_Eeyore.png/revision/latest?cb=20210516060155

Goobylal
09-08-2022, 02:12 AM
What's not to follow? We've struggled to beat the Titans. People are saying that we can beat them now because of what happened in the offseason, but we haven't proven it.

Many, many times in the past, people have said we've closed the gap between us and a better team based on what happened in the offseason, yet when we actually played said team, we still lost.

We were supposed to be better than the Titans on paper last year, but we still lost to them. Maybe we're better than the Titans this year. I'm not going to believe it because of what's on paper. I'll believe it if and only if we prove it.

The Titans will finally be playing in Buffalo, the Bills will get extra time to rest and prepare, and the Titans are a much weaker team than before.

OpIv37
09-08-2022, 03:04 AM
The Titans will finally be playing in Buffalo, the Bills will get extra time to rest and prepare, and the Titans are a much weaker team than before.

Again, that's great on paper. PROVE IT.

And the extra time won't mean much because a) it's early in the season so the players will be fresh and the extra 2 days won't mean much and b) the Bills won't have any tape on the Titans until Sunday.

Buffalogic
09-08-2022, 03:18 AM

Goobylal
09-08-2022, 03:21 AM
Again, that's great on paper. PROVE IT.

And the extra time won't mean much because a) it's early in the season so the players will be fresh and the extra 2 days won't mean much and b) the Bills won't have any tape on the Titans until Sunday.

Don't worry, they will. We can bet on it if you like.

Mr. Pink
09-08-2022, 03:28 AM
On paper this team can beat anyone in the league.

But I'm also a prove it guy. We seemingly can't beat the Titans on the field for whatever reason, so until we actually go out and do it, I will also give a slight edge to the Titans in that matchup.

Just like if we run into Mahomes and the Chiefs in the playoffs again. Prove you can beat those guys on that stage.

Historian
09-08-2022, 03:47 AM
https://scontent-ord5-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/305832964_10221975628203413_7883323571153408749_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_s600x600&_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=265V1aM4SC8AX_zIhnO&tn=gDBgVEhk2CPr17PL&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.xx&oh=00_AT_WNaxRW8uMpgPR9zICvufU6OFoWqj_5GD6BrLEaraPfg&oe=631E4AD6

Forward_Lateral
09-08-2022, 03:49 AM
10 bucks says the broadcast is interrupted tonight because 173 year old Queen Elizabeth dies

TacklingDummy
09-08-2022, 03:55 AM
Agreed.

OpIv37
09-08-2022, 04:13 AM
10 bucks says the broadcast is interrupted tonight because 173 year old Queen Elizabeth dies

Oh that would piss me off.

When Princess Di died, I was in college. I got back to the dorms really late after being out drinking, and they were showing Princess Di's funeral on almost every channel. When I woke up, they were replaying it for North American people who were asleep when it was televised live. It was the only thing on TV for like 18 hours.

Fortunately, now, there are a lot more channels plus streaming services, so it's a lot easier to avoid that stuff. But, I'll still be pissed if they interrupt the game to talk about the queen.

Woodman
09-08-2022, 04:15 AM
Don't worry, they will. We can bet on it if you like.

:rockon: :gobills:

notacon
09-08-2022, 04:16 AM
Interesting on a thread about the Bills first game of the season against the Rams, ALL Opi wants to whine about is the next game against the Titans....with his usual Negative Nancy bullcrap.

Pathetic!!!

Woodman
09-08-2022, 04:30 AM
Interesting on a thread about the Bills first game of the season against the Rams, ALL Opi wants to whine about is the next game against the Titans....with his usual Negative Nancy bullcrap.

Pathetic!!!

I would not expect anything different ..... he is extremely consistent! :gobills:

Forward_Lateral
09-08-2022, 04:34 AM
Oh that would piss me off.

When Princess Di died, I was in college. I got back to the dorms really late after being out drinking, and they were showing Princess Di's funeral on almost every channel. When I woke up, they were replaying it for North American people who were asleep when it was televised live. It was the only thing on TV for like 18 hours.

Fortunately, now, there are a lot more channels plus streaming services, so it's a lot easier to avoid that stuff. But, I'll still be pissed if they interrupt the game to talk about the queen.

Get ready for weeks and weeks of media/celebrity weeping.

I have my barf bag ready

OpIv37
09-08-2022, 04:50 AM

Pathetic!!!

Well, you yourself said that a non-conference loss is not a big deal compared to a conference loss... seems like the next game- which is a conf game against a team we've struggled to beat- would be a natural progression of the conversation.

notacon
09-08-2022, 04:52 AM
Well, you yourself said that a non-conference loss is not a big deal compared to a conference loss... seems like the next game- which is a conf game against a team we've struggled to beat- would be a natural progression of the conversation.

Make your own thread about that if you want. In THIS thread, you could have just stuck to the subject at hand, or kept your cynical mouth shut.

Joe Fo Sho
09-08-2022, 05:47 AM
Make your own thread about that if you want. In THIS thread, you could have just stuck to the subject at hand, or kept your cynical mouth shut.

This thread is literally asking about how worried you would be regarding the future of the Bills season. Discussing week 2 is not something that came out of left field.

Gibby 2.0
09-08-2022, 08:13 AM
I am a proponent of not taking too much stock in week 1 as there is no tape and everyone has new players and are doing new things. That leads to sloppiness or busted coverages and every year there is a team that shouldn't win, winning in week 1.

So I ask, what will your panic level be if we lose?

Does it matter how bad we lose?

Is it worst this season with the juggernaut of games to open up?

Myself personally if we lose but I see all the things that made us successful happen, I will be satisfied that we will at least be in the dance and probably win the division.

Thoughts?

My level of panic is [pseudo]scientific

Factors of panic include:

Size of score. If its 63 to 60 or something and its decided in OT or something then I am not too worried. If its a blowout loss like the Colts game last year then I am very concerned

Injuries. If injuries are kept to a minium and the guys are ready for week two then I am not too worried. Our defense has a 3rd quarter Bills at Bucs game in 2000 I am Lloyd Bridges I sure picked the wrong week to quit. . . . (see Airplane if you don't know), Josh Allen goes down? I may be seeking psychiatric help

Sloppy turnover fest? I am pissed that they weren't disciplined and will know they are once again buying into the hype especially if its a close game and the sloppy play is what cost them. Clean game and they lose? Not nearly as much.

Game goes down to a suspect call or two by the refs? Well not worried at all

Mace
09-08-2022, 11:04 AM
I can assure you we will NOT go 20-0 on our way to being SB champs.

It's 1 game versus the defending champs on the road. It is not the whole season.

Of course we won't,and clearly I didn't say we would. I said "Play every game like it's THE game, and this could be a dominant team."

That means, obviously, they don't walk into a game thinking "ah, it's game 1 vs the defending champs on the road, It's not the whole season. S'ok if we lose, we have next week. S'ok if we lose that one too, we have the week after.

They had up and down efforts last season. That's whats costs you home field advantage and a bye week.

It's not the mentality of champions.

Gibby 2.0
09-08-2022, 03:18 PM
no panic, but please reduce the Josh Allen runs.

Mace
09-08-2022, 03:29 PM
Well then, that's that.

Skooby
09-08-2022, 03:37 PM
Talk stupid. Look stupid.

notacon
09-09-2022, 12:37 PM
This thread is literally asking about how worried you would be regarding the future of the Bills season. Discussing week 2 is not something that came out of left field.
Good point.

notacon
09-09-2022, 12:45 PM
In any event, the premise for this thread is now moot. 100% moot.

And it’s not only because the Bills are 1-0 instead of 0-1.

It’s because they did not play their best game and STILL beat the everlasting CRAP out of a very good team.

Despite being (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/260942-What-will-your-panic-level-be-if-we-start-0-1-again?p=4955527&viewfull=1#post4955527) "an opposite coast road game against the defending SB champs on the night where they raise the banner. It's the hardest game on the schedule.”

NONE of that mattered. This was not only a big win for the Bills, but it was a signature, statement win.

Next up, the Bills beat the CRAP out of the Titans. At home. First Monday night home game since 2018. Only the third Monday night home game since 2008.

The Bills are ready to PROVE IT!!!!! With a BIG message to the cynics to STFU!!!!

Mr. Pink
09-09-2022, 01:34 PM
Big statement sent out to the league last night.

We dominated the defending Super Bowl Champs and destroyed them on the scoreboard, even with turning the ball over 4 times.

I don't expect many games where we turn it over that much over the course of the season.

And I'm sure the rest of the league doesn't either.

Woodman
09-09-2022, 02:24 PM
Josh hates to punt the ball I guess.

Wow is he ever a handful and then some.

Next up the Titans.

Same goal this week .... we want to go 1-0.