X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Bills extend Dawson Knox through 2026

Per Shefter. He's expected to sign it today after practice. Supposedly will make him a top 5 paid TE.
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Bills extend Dawson Knox through 2026

LOVE IT!!!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

I know a certain safety that's not going to be happy...
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
        And a certain poster who thinks the team is going to sign #49 long term.

Comment

• kgun12
          • Jul 2002

^ Beat me to it!
          Retired Air Traffic Controller
          USAF VETERAN
          DAV

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
            Long term as in 3 years of Vet minimum?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
              You never know, maybe Poyer is next?

I doubt it, but I also wouldn't be surprised.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Hopefully Davis is next.

Comment

• notacon
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Novacane View Post
                  Why should I not be happy for the Bills ensuring a valuable member of the team, Dawson Knox, has been nailed down until 2026????

Jesus.

I am ecstatic whenever the Buffalo Bills do what’s best for the continued success of the team. And locking down Dawson Knox contributes to that end.

This signing does not make the possible extension of Edmunds any less probable. And if the Bills brass does not see fit to do so, I support their decision if it’s what they believe is best for the team.

The salient question is it they do decide to sign Edmunds to a rich extension, will the members of the Edmunds Haters Club™ **** all over Brandon Beane and continue their absurd and stupid vendetta against a valuable member of the team????

Comment

• mightysimi
                    Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                    • Mar 2010

I thought for sure they would let it play out and franchise him as the tag is so low still for TE. I am glad to have him around long term though.

Comment

• cookie G
                      • Mar 2003

Per Mike Garafolo, 4 years, $53.6 Mill, $31 Mill guaranteed.

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                        Why should I not be happy for the Bills ensuring a valuable member of the team, Dawson Knox, has been nailed down until 2026????

Jesus.

I am ecstatic whenever the Buffalo Bills do what’s best for the continued success of the team. And locking down Dawson Knox contributes to that end.

This signing does not make the possible extension of Edmunds any less probable. And if the Bills brass does not see fit to do so, I support their decision if it’s what they believe is best for the team.

The salient question is it they do decide to sign Edmunds to a rich extension, will the members of the Edmunds Haters Club™ **** all over Brandon Beane and continue their absurd and stupid vendetta against a valuable member of the team????
                        It shows who they value. They don't value Edmunds like you think they do.

Comment

• Ed
                          • Sep 2002

Glad they were able to get this done with the expensive TE extensions that just go signed recently.

The Bills are going to be able to free up a lot of space for 2023 with some simple restructures. They shouldn't have any issues re-signing guys like Oliver, Edmunds, and Poyer if they want.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                            You never know, maybe Poyer is next?

I doubt it, but I also wouldn't be surprised.
                            Who knows? I mean, the cap is incredibly complicated and there's a reason why NFL FO people make the big bucks. They can find ways to make a lot of things work. That being said, it also exists for a reason. No team can keep the band together forever. Every good team eventually loses good players because they can't afford all of them under the cap.

This is pure opinion, but here goes: With each signing, it gives us some idea how the team ranks impending FA's. I know, it's not quite that simple because negotiations are complex, and some of it may just be that they had an easier time negotiating with Player A than with Player B. And obviously locking up Allen was the top priority. But, with each guy that signs, it makes it less likely that guys like Poyer and Edmunds will sign, because there is less cap space. My guess is that they are shying away from Edmunds because they perceive him as a bigger risk long-term than a guy like Knox, and they are shying away from Poyer because of his age.

Ideally, for the team, they could lock Poyer up on a short term 2 year deal and give us 3 cracks at a title before he moves on. But from Poyer's side, his next long term contract will likely be his last, and they're going to want as much guaranteed money as possible.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                              • Aug 2004

Why should Poyer be upset?

Bobby Wagner is way more accomplished than Poyer - 1 year older. He got cut, signed with the Rams. The contract is big but if you dig into details, its a two year deal with $5 million signing bonus and $5 million salary guaranteed.

Tyann Mathieu is the same age as Poyer, again a more accomplished player. His new deal nets him 18 million two years (signing bonus _ salary).

And Poyer is making $9 million this year all by itself.

I saw Poyer's presser Sunday. I think he is at peace that this is his last in Buffalo. If he is cut today, I doubt he pockets $9 million this year when he signs with another team. So his best option is right here. And he has a great chance riding into FA as a superbowl champ starting safety to cash in Mathieu's contract at age 32.

I feel the Bills probably want to give Johnson a shot. From what I see, he's ready. But I don't see the Bills give him an extension until the end of the season and he'll be much cheaper.

Comment

Working...
                              X