PDA

View Full Version : OBJr. “half” suggests he’ll sign with winner of Bills-Rams game

Woodman
09-07-2022, 03:54 PM
The Rams have kept a locker ready (https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/05/rams-have-left-a-light-on-and-locker-ready-for-odell-beckham-jr/) for receiver Odell Beckham Jr. The team playing in L.A. tomorrow night may want to borrow it.
Beckham recently suggested that he’ll sign with whoever wins the regular-season opener between Buffalo and L.A. Via Jordan Dajani of CBSSports.com, Beckham later said he “half” means it (https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/odell-beckham-jr-half-jokes-he-will-sign-with-winner-of-bills-rams-believes-both-could-make-super-bowl/).

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/07/odell-beckham-jr-half-suggests-hell-sign-with-winner-of-bills-rams-game/

OpIv37
09-08-2022, 01:48 AM
They can have him.

If the one missing piece on this team was a strong receiving threat, then I'd say take the risk.

But, we have strong receiving threats in Diggs, Davis and Knox, plus McKenzie is no slouch. And, it's too soon to tell but rookies Shakir and Cook are showing promise too.

Or, let's put it a different way: If this team doesn't live up to the hype, the reason for that will definitely NOT be WR.

Goobylal
09-08-2022, 02:12 AM
First get healthy and how you're back to 100%. Then talk about signing with anyone.

Forward_Lateral
09-08-2022, 03:50 AM
He won't be ready any time soon, so why give him a contract until he is?

Mr. Pink
09-08-2022, 03:52 AM
What a drama queen.

He'll hook up with someone in the playoff race near the end of the season.

Could be here, could be LA, could be Baltimore for that matter.

notacon
09-08-2022, 04:50 AM
Late October, early November (when he is expected to be ready to play) is a long way off.

Woodman
09-08-2022, 04:51 AM
It a long ways off for him to be making any move and that's if he's even going to ..... he suffered a pretty significant and serious injury for a WR at his age.

He might just retire ..... not anytime to be worrying about it now.

Mr. Pink
09-08-2022, 05:08 AM
He won't retire, he'll latch on to some team who has Super Bowl hopes in November that also could use receiver help.

I really think Baltimore might be the ideal landing spot for him, to be honest.

Lamar is playing for a contract, they have no wide receivers of note, they're a playoff caliber team.

Goobylal
09-08-2022, 05:13 AM
He won't retire, he'll latch on to some team who has Super Bowl hopes in November that also could use receiver help.

I really think Baltimore might be the ideal landing spot for him, to be honest.

Lamar is playing for a contract, they have no wide receivers of note, they're a playoff caliber team.

I disagree. The Bengals are better and will win the division and there will be 3 other division winners. The AFC West is stacked and I expect the remaining 2 playoff teams to come from there.

Mr. Pink
09-08-2022, 05:16 AM
I disagree. The Bengals are better and will win the division and there will be 3 other division winners. The AFC West is stacked and I expect the remaining 2 playoff teams to come from there.

I honestly expect the Bengals to take a bit of a dip from last year. I think they caught a lot of teams off guard and that won't happen this year. I also expect the Ravens to play better than they did last year. The Bengals are better than the Ravens but I think the margin between the two is paper thin.

Yes the Bengals likely win the division by a game or two with the Ravens right behind them in a wild card spot.

Goobylal
09-08-2022, 08:30 AM
I honestly expect the Bengals to take a bit of a dip from last year. I think they caught a lot of teams off guard and that won't happen this year. I also expect the Ravens to play better than they did last year. The Bengals are better than the Ravens but I think the margin between the two is paper thin.

Yes the Bengals likely win the division by a game or two with the Ravens right behind them in a wild card spot.

I can see the Bengals taking a step back and winning by a game or two, but the Ravens have no WR's anymore and teams will just double Andrews.

Woodman
09-08-2022, 09:33 AM
I can see the Bengals taking a step back and winning by a game or two, but the Ravens have no WR's anymore and teams will just double Andrews.

Bingo!