Von
Phillips
Dorsey.

Goats

Yeah right! What a win!

Gibby 2.0
09-08-2022, 03:15 PM
Balls:

Josh Allen, its been a long time since we've had a qb who could shrug off a bad first half and play lights out in the second. It was the most Josh Allen performance by a Bills QB since Jim Kelly
Defense, all week long we read and heard how much of a struggle the defense would have against the Rams and how much the Bills would miss Tre.
Ken Dorsey, I admit, after the offense got stuck and bogged down I thought oh ****, we are f***ed. I saw Pittsburgh happening all over again. That he got this offense back on track against the world champs in their house speaks a lot.

Goats? No goats, we won and won big, so an admonition. Moss and Cook, hold on to the ****ing ball. That's it. Just an admonition.

Crisis
09-08-2022, 03:15 PM
Lot of sloppiness out there today. Says a lot about a team that they can have 4 really bad turnovers and still win by 21 points.

Hard to be upset after this game though. The defense looks scary... they have looked good the last few years but they look on a completely different level with Von.

imbondz
09-08-2022, 03:17 PM
No goats! Dorsey called a great game, possibly perfect.

Kenny
09-08-2022, 03:26 PM
Balls all around. Have to hand it Allen and that DL though.

Moss and Cook... ughh. Pretty ugly.

Wasnt perfect by Josh - that throw at the end of the first half was his only real mistake. Though the first pick I really cant blame Mckenzie. That would have been a tough catch, and it was a bang bang type play where the ball got to him just as he was about to get hit head on.

Overall though, if we clean up this sloppy play, I just dont see anyone stopping us.

If I had to be a bit negative though - what the hell was up with all those Josh Allen runs? Completely unnecessary!!!!

Ingtar33
09-08-2022, 03:31 PM
if that was the best the rams have, this will be a historically good team, like 91 redskins or 85 bears. we'll know more in 7 weeks.

balls: JA, Diggs, Singletary, Davis, o-line (yes, Darnold did get through to Allen a couple of times, but overall the bills o-line did a great against him and the rest of the rams front 7), whole defense
goats: moss and cook; moss has had fumble problems his whole career, and the problem with cook in TC was fumble issues. got to clean that up if they don't want Singletary taking the bulk of the carries this year.

Skooby
09-08-2022, 03:36 PM
GOAT: Punter, he got free money

Balls: Anyone brave enough to catch a Josh Allen bullet throw.

Novacane
09-08-2022, 03:38 PM
GOAT: Punter, he got free money

Balls: Anyone brave enough to catch a Josh Allen bullet throw.

5 perfect holds!

cookie G
09-08-2022, 03:48 PM
The entire D line, they were better than expected, and people were expecting a lot;
the entire O line, yeah, Bates got better as the game went on, going against the best DT of his generation.

Eh, hell the entire team.

But you know things are going your way when Diggs falls down before the endzone, and still catches the pass while on his butt.

Goat, the Rams D on Josh's angry run. It was a fake to Cook going right..and the whole D fell for it! Thy all really beleived Cook was getting the ball again?

Woodman
09-08-2022, 03:51 PM
Balls

Josh Allen

Our entire Defense.

Davis

Diggs

Singletary looked very good.

Woodman
09-08-2022, 03:53 PM
Almost forgot our new punter played a perfect game. :D

TacklingDummy
09-08-2022, 04:03 PM
Goats: Turnovers

Balls: The Defense. The Pass rush. Oline. Diggs and Allen.

Woodman
09-08-2022, 04:14 PM
Goats: Turnovers

Balls: The Defense. The Pass rush. Oline. Diggs and Allen.
We need to clean that up.

It's good to have something to work on.

Mace
09-09-2022, 12:22 PM
Lot of sloppiness out there today. Says a lot about a team that they can have 4 really bad turnovers and still win by 21 points.

Hard to be upset after this game though. The defense looks scary... they have looked good the last few years but they look on a completely different level with Von.

This is a really big deal imho. They did it against a top notch team and staff, shrugged it off, wouldn't be denied. That's a measure of the spirit of champions, a big one.

YardRat
09-09-2022, 01:19 PM
I'm going to go off script and give a special nod to Jackson, Elam and Benford.

Yeah, the defensive line had a completely dominant performance but the coverage was good enough that Stafford couldn't get the ball out quicker to counter the pass rush, and that helped the dlinemen get home. That's a pretty big spotlight to step into for two rookies and the #4 guy from last season, and they were up to the task.

Novacane
09-09-2022, 01:34 PM
I know it's only one game but that was easy against a really good team in their house. They don't all of the sudden suck because they lost Von Miller. I'll wait a few more weeks to see if the defense plays like that consistently. If they do the Bills are scary good!

Mr. Pink
09-09-2022, 01:36 PM
Balls - almost everyone. I'll give a special nod to Dorsey who in his first game as an OC proved he deserved the job.

Goats - The running backs for putting the ball on the ground. McKenzie for dropping a pass into an INT.

TacklingDummy
09-09-2022, 03:07 PM
Is Oliver ok?

DraftBoy
09-09-2022, 11:48 PM
I’d give Bates a goat, he got manhandled by Donald. For a guy who showed some real promise this was a bad game. Thankfully Dorsey schemed around the assumed Donald pressure.

Goobylal
09-10-2022, 01:19 AM
I give them all balls. The first game every season under McD since he became HC has either been a squeaker(ish, considering how bad they are) win over the Jets (2017, 2019 and 2020) or a loss (Ravens in 2018, Steelers last year). They came out and played sloppy in the 1st half but put on a clinic in the 2nd. The guys who made mistakes will learn.

- - - Updated - - -

I’d give Bates a goat, he got manhandled by Donald. For a guy who showed some real promise this was a bad game. Thankfully Dorsey schemed around the assumed Donald pressure.

Come on. That's Aaron Donald. He makes All-Pros look like goats.

Forward_Lateral
09-10-2022, 01:43 AM
Balls: the entire organization

Goats:

Anyone saying “this is the toughest game on the schedule” LOL not even close.

Historian
09-10-2022, 01:46 AM
Balls:

D Line, especially Phillips. Played like a man possessed.

Wide receivers. Other than McKenzie's drop, had a great night.

Kyle Brandt. "This wasn't some tune-up game against the Jets....this was the world champions in THEIR park." I couldn't have said it any better.

Special Ball: Von Miller. Watching him chase Stafford all over the field reminded me of Cornelius Bennett chasing down Elway in his first game as a Bill.

Unreal.

Goats:

Me. I honestly thought the Bills would get roughed up out there, despite having the better team on paper.

TacklingDummy
09-10-2022, 02:03 AM
Goats:

Anyone saying “this is the toughest game on the schedule” LOL not even close.

The Bengals game probably is.

Alot of question marks at WR for Green Bay and KC to say those games are.

DraftBoy
09-10-2022, 12:55 PM
I give them all balls. The first game every season under McD since he became HC has either been a squeaker(ish, considering how bad they are) win over the Jets (2017, 2019 and 2020) or a loss (Ravens in 2018, Steelers last year). They came out and played sloppy in the 1st half but put on a clinic in the 2nd. The guys who made mistakes will learn.

- - - Updated - - -

Come on. That's Aaron Donald. He makes All-Pros look like goats.

Other guards have shut Donald out before. He looked pathetic on multiple attempts at blocking including one complete miss. If he can’t handle the position against the competition we’ll be facing then we need an upgrade.

Goobylal
09-10-2022, 01:33 PM
Other guards have shut Donald out before. He looked pathetic on multiple attempts at blocking including one complete miss. If he can’t handle the position against the competition we’ll be facing then we need an upgrade.

Like who? And I can guarantee you there won't be a better DT Bate will face this year. Maybe ever.

Ingtar33
09-10-2022, 01:47 PM

early in the game he did. the first two or three possessions there were times bates couldn't get a hand on him. after that he blocked him straight up, one on one without much trouble the rest of the way.

yes, it could have been a serious problem if he was like that all game but it looked like bates figured it out.

TigerJ
09-10-2022, 01:53 PM
The sloppiness in the first half was spread around. I don't know that any single player had multiple bad plays that rise to the level of goathood. I don't know that you can label a player as a goat with only one such play.

Goobylal
09-10-2022, 02:13 PM
early in the game he did. the first two or three possessions there were times bates couldn't get a hand on him. after that he blocked him straight up, one on one without much trouble the rest of the way.

yes, it could have been a serious problem if he was like that all game but it looked like bates figured it out.

Donald routinely gets double-, and triple-, teamed. If Bates learned to handle him one-on-one...

Ingtar33
09-10-2022, 05:48 PM
Donald routinely gets double-, and triple-, teamed. If Bates learned to handle him one-on-one...

watch the game again. Aaron Donald ran out of gas about midway through the second. Bates wasn't the only one taking him one on one.

Skooby
09-10-2022, 10:10 PM
5 perfect holds!
Busted, good catch.

Turf
09-11-2022, 01:30 AM
Big Ball besides the obvious Josh and everyone was Diggs. Diggs had the Apollo Creed face on before kickoff. I remember looking at him saying damn this guy is locked in. Extremely intense. He has to watch those taunting penalties though he was very borderline on getting called. After he scored that TD if he was called for taunting would it have come back?

Kenny
09-11-2022, 02:01 AM
Big Ball besides the obvious Josh and everyone was Diggs. Diggs had the Apollo Creed face on before kickoff. I remember looking at him saying damn this guy is locked in. Extremely intense. He has to watch those taunting penalties though he was very borderline on getting called. After he scored that TD if he was called for taunting would it have come back?
No, that was after the TD. That would have pushed us back another 15yards on kickoff.

DraftBoy
09-11-2022, 02:18 AM

He got beat a number of times in the 2nd half as well and they were using Morse more to help in the later part of the 1st half. You don’t get brownie points for figuring it out sometimes and struggling at others.

Teams with our expectations can’t have performances like that. Not if we want to meet our expectations.

Woodman
09-13-2022, 05:01 AM
watch the game again. Aaron Donald ran out of gas about midway through the second. Bates wasn't the only one taking him one on one.

Bates :hump: it took him a minute but he got it.

This week is another big test Jeffery Simmons is a beast.

We gotta keep Simmons away from Josh!!

KEEP JOSH CLEAN!!