PDA

View Full Version : Great debut by Dorsey

BuffaloBlitz83
09-08-2022, 03:32 PM
No Punts! Ran ball. Turnovers not on him!

Gibby 2.0
09-08-2022, 03:34 PM
No Punts! Ran ball. Turnovers not on him!

No stalling out in the redzone either. Man did that make me so mad last year.

sukie
09-08-2022, 03:44 PM
He dinked and ran all game to set up 2 bombs

Kenny
09-08-2022, 03:45 PM
Overall great debut, but I'm concerned with all of the Allen runs.

Novacane
09-08-2022, 03:54 PM
Putting the franchise in danger to many times lowers his grade from A to B+. Called Josh runs need to be tapered way back. They're a huge weapon inside the red zone. That's the only time he should be calling them.

Woodman
09-08-2022, 03:55 PM
He kept them off balance all night.

Novacane
09-08-2022, 03:56 PM
That run where half the Rams got their hands on Josh and they were pulling his legs like a wishbone almost game me a heart attack.

Ed
09-08-2022, 04:14 PM
He’s better than Daboll and he’s going to be the hottest HC candidate after this season. Just enjoy him while you can.

OpIv37
09-09-2022, 12:13 PM
Gotta say, I loved the play action on third and short that resulted in the first TD. Perfect call, perfect execution.

Cali512
09-09-2022, 12:16 PM
Gotta say, I loved the play action on third and short that resulted in the first TD. Perfect call, perfect execution.

See, your wrong but happy, not right and happy.

I honestly have a lot of respect for you, but you should stop mid game ****ting on the bills and making it about if we lose im right and if we win im happy. We were in control of the whole game, idc how we looked 4 yrs ago, we are a different team now

ParanoidAndroid
09-09-2022, 12:24 PM

I honestly have a lot of respect for you, but you should stop mid game ****ting on the bills and making it about if we lose im right and if we win im happy. We were in control of the whole game, idc how we looked 4 yrs ago, we are a different team now
Really dude?

Cali512
09-09-2022, 12:50 PM
Really dude?

uh huh...

Im literally asking him to not over react during the game and actually watch the game play out before jumping to conclusions. Theres no "really dude". I said i respect him, quit grasping for something more

OpIv37
09-10-2022, 03:23 AM

Well, notacon is right about one thing. I do have PTSD about the Bills. They’ve let me down so many times in so many ways that I just expect some major blunder every time.

And no, this is not the same team from 4 years ago. And yes, they are much better than any Bills team since the early 90’s and they may even be better than those teams.

They also gave us 13 seconds.

kscdogbillsfan1221
09-10-2022, 03:34 AM
Well, notacon is right about one thing. I do have PTSD about the Bills. They’ve let me down so many times in so many ways that I just expect some major blunder every time.

And no, this is not the same team from 4 years ago. And yes, they are much better than any Bills team since the early 90’s and they may even be better than those teams.

They also gave us 13 seconds.

all fair points
for 20 or so of the last 25 years, this has been an inept dumpster fire of a franchise. they deserved the scorn and skepticism.

but this regime has more than earned the benefit of the doubt in my opinion

kgun12
09-10-2022, 04:31 AM
I’m like Op, I have PTSD after everything this team put us through. Unlike Op I don’t overreact anymore. I usually read a book or flip back and forth to other games or shows during the game. I have cut all emotional ties to the Bills. If they win great, if they lose it doesn’t ruin my night or week anymore. This happened a few years ago and it’s absolutely great! This may sound crazy, but I’m way happier now. I’ve come to the realization that I have no control over anything that happens good or bad. The only thing that concerned me even a little Thursday night was all the run plays at the end with Josh, it was clear the Rams were head hunting, not that that’s wrong, but the risk reward at the point was nil.

I know not everyone can do this or will even understand this attitude (it drive my family crazy), but it works for me and I’m a happier person for it. It’s almost as freeing as not smoking anymore, I miss it but understand all the benefits I’m get from it! BTW, it’s been 10 years since I’ve had a cigarette!

OpIv37
09-10-2022, 03:17 PM
I’m like Op, I have PTSD after everything this team put us through. Unlike Op I don’t overreact anymore. I usually read a book or flip back and forth to other games or shows during the game. I have cut all emotional ties to the Bills. If they win great, if they lose it doesn’t ruin my night or week anymore. This happened a few years ago and it’s absolutely great! This may sound crazy, but I’m way happier now. I’ve come to the realization that I have no control over anything that happens good or bad. The only thing that concerned me even a little Thursday night was all the run plays at the end with Josh, it was clear the Rams were head hunting, not that that’s wrong, but the risk reward at the point was nil.

I know not everyone can do this or will even understand this attitude (it drive my family crazy), but it works for me and I’m a happier person for it. It’s almost as freeing as not smoking anymore, I miss it but understand all the benefits I’m get from it! BTW, it’s been 10 years since I’ve had a cigarette!
I fully understand your logic. I’ve taken the first step with my other teams. I’ve been able to take a step back and not invest in it emotionally when my other teams are bad. I never stop following them but instó devoting time and energy to them. I barely watched the Sabres last season. I’m barely watching the Nationals. ND’s loss today related them to a DVR team. I will record and watch when I have time.

I just can’t do it with the Bills. I don’t know why. I know it’s stupid. I know I shouldn’t be this emotionally invested in **** I can’t control, and I’m very good at doing that with most things in life. I cannot do it with the Bills. I know I’d be happier if I could. I just can’t.

kgun12
09-10-2022, 04:31 PM
I fully understand your logic. I’ve taken the first step with my other teams. I’ve been able to take a step back and not invest in it emotionally when my other teams are bad. I never stop following them but instó devoting time and energy to them. I barely watched the Sabres last season. I’m barely watching the Nationals. ND’s loss today related them to a DVR team. I will record and watch when I have time.
I just can’t do it with the Bills. I don’t know why. I know it’s stupid. I know I shouldn’t be this emotionally invested in **** I can’t control, and I’m very good at doing that with most things in life. I cannot do it with the Bills. I know I’d be happier if I could. I just can’t.

I totally get it, but like they say the first step is to admit your have a problem and you did, lol! It’s all good!

Parzival
09-10-2022, 10:54 PM
Wait, you’re a bills fan??

swiper
09-10-2022, 11:19 PM
He’s better than Daboll and he’s going to be the hottest HC candidate after this season. Just enjoy him while you can.

LOL. You cannot make that determination off of one game. Saying this after his one game is stupid. Just stupid. Let's see what the season holds. The Bills played a team that was clearly off, coming off a Super Bowl win hangover. None of the Rams players had anything to prove in that game. I hated Daboll and am so glad he's gone. And like, mostly, what I saw with the play mix that Dorsey had. Much of making an OC look good is player execution of the plays. And Dorsey couldn't be walking into a situation that would make a rock look decent. You've got to give him the season to prove himself. The first game that the Bills lose, and they will lose one, you'll be questioning his calls. All these stupid proclamations. They're just dumb.

Allen took too many hard hits. They have to stop allowing that to happen.

kgun12
09-11-2022, 02:39 AM
LOL. You cannot make that determination off of one game. Saying this after his one game is stupid. Just stupid. Let's see what the season holds. The Bills played a team that was clearly off, coming off a Super Bowl win hangover. None of the Rams players had anything to prove in that game. I hated Daboll and am so glad he's gone. And like, mostly, what I saw with the play mix that Dorsey had. Much of making an OC look good is player execution of the plays. And Dorsey couldn't be walking into a situation that would make a rock look decent. You've got to give him the season to prove himself. The first game that the Bills lose, and they will lose one, you'll be questioning his calls. All these stupid proclamations. They're just dumb.

Good post, I agree.

swiper
09-11-2022, 02:46 AM
Good post, I agree.

I get that Bills fans are excited for this season. New fans, seasoned fans. You. Me. No one can be very critical of that Thursday game. It was mostly a work of art. But...

There is no perfect coach, right? I like Dorsey too. I just think we have to see what he does over the course of the entire season.

kgun12
09-11-2022, 03:01 AM
I get that Bills fans are excited for this season. New fans, seasoned fans. You. Me. No one can be very critical of that Thursday game. It was mostly a work of art. But...

There is no perfect coach, right? I like Dorsey too. I just think we have to see what he does over the course of the entire season.

If the Rams were the Rams of last year, our turnovers would have cost us the game and all these threads would have had a very different tone. However, they weren’t the Rams of last year and we are 1-0!

notacon
09-11-2022, 04:32 AM

Plus, Dorsey was the QB coach, so it’s not like he had nothing to do with Daboll’s game plans....or working with Josh.

It’s a long season. Thankfully, the toughest games come early for the Bills this year. And like you correctly observe, one “cannot make that (Dorsey is better than Daboll) determination off of one game"

What is critical is to see how the Bills offensive game plans evolve as opposition defensive coordinators study the film.

Cntrygal
09-11-2022, 05:22 AM

:10:

DetoxTent
11-14-2023, 07:10 PM

Ok Ed. You're prescient. Not.

DetoxTent
11-14-2023, 07:11 PM

Now this guy sounds smart.

Jimkelly12203
11-14-2023, 07:13 PM
I guess we should fire Beane and put DetoxTent in charge. He has all the answers.

I wonder which alter-ego of a long-time poster he is?

DetoxTent
11-14-2023, 07:23 PM
I guess we should fire Beane and put DetoxTent in charge. He has all the answers.

Umm. Not you.

kscdogbillsfan1221
11-16-2023, 10:20 PM

Kinda talks like swiper

Haven’t heard from him in a while.

Woodman
11-16-2023, 10:40 PM
Now this guy sounds smart.
Quit patting yourself on the back :lol: