PDA

View Full Version : Dorsey used Dabolls tendencies against the rams

Cali512
09-09-2022, 12:06 PM
2 years ago we played the rams and allen was exceptional in the first half. Allen was doing whatever he wanted. Second half, Donald just started taking over and they came back i believe 25 points to tie the game

What dorsey did was he consistently stretched the field horizontally with the tosses, having a consistent check down in the back field, and made allen play a quick pass game. Dorseys gameplan and way of running the offense may be better than Daboll. Daboll was exceptionally stubborn, in the last 4 years weve ran 7 tosses, all of which yesterday. That was literally not in the bills playbook with daboll. That kept Darnold away from our running back and when we did run the ball up the middle, we used the same sets as the tosses to make him think. Throughout the game dorsey noticed that ramsey was becoming hyper aware of Allens running and Diggs quick routes (so did allen). When allen ran out the pocket, ramsey was glued to allen because he thought hed run, and he threw the long pass to diggs

earlier in the game, when daboll was coordinator, that 3rd and short was almost always a run by allen or power up the middle. The bills ran a set they used to when allen would sneak the ball. It was the same formation we nearly always used to sneak the ball so the defense played it tight, then the play action happens which caused the defense to think even more that it was a run, Davis fake blocked, then ran up the field

What Dorsey did was used all of dabolls formations, against the rams. All the film they had of daboll, the bills would intentionally use, but call different plays. When the rams knew, in this formation look for this, the bills instead ran something different

Dorsey knew they were going to scout dabolls playbook and dorsey used that to the bills advantage

Cali512
09-09-2022, 12:13 PM
I also noticed that we didnt run many draw plays which is interesting because thats nearly the only time we ran the ball with daboll. Draw plays should never be the only source of running and only used sparingly. That shows Dorsey understands the fluidity of the game and when to pick his spots. I was exceptionally impressed by Dorsey, when your first ever game is vs Ramsey and Donald, and allow one sack from donald and have a perfect passer rating Ramsey, thats honestly spectacular

sukie
09-09-2022, 12:26 PM
Ran a ton on 1st down. The short game was purely for Quick release purposes. I enjoyed the punting game.