PDA

View Full Version : Another article on Milloy with quotes from his agent...

Michael82
09-02-2003, 09:39 PM
Milloy's agent, Carl Poston, told KRIV-TV in Houston that the player asked to be released rather than take a pay cut.

"We're not shocked by it,'' "Poston said. "We were negotiating, trying to get something done, and obviously we weren't able to. As a result we thought our options looked better if he was released. It was either we take a pay cut or be released. So we chose to be released.''

The Buffalo Bills, Minnesota Vikings and New Orleans Saints reportedly expressed interest in Milloy. Poston said he would like to have Milloy with a new team on Wednesday.

"Yes, we are interested,'' Bills spokesman Scott Berchtold said. CLICK HERE FOR MORE: (http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/gen/wire?messageId=23282810)

One more interesting quote...

Milloy had taken all the practice snaps as the starting free safety. Now, the Patriots will have to choose from Antwan Harris, Aric Morris and Chris Akins.

Michael82
09-02-2003, 09:39 PM
so, he is the starting free safety there? PERFECT! Prioleau will take the bench and Reese can split time with Coy Wire. :D

BillsOverDolphins
09-02-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Mike32282
so, he is the starting free safety there? PERFECT! Prioleau will take the bench and Reese can split time with Coy Wire. :D
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together:hubba:

robeezy
09-02-2003, 10:47 PM
PP hasn't even showed up in the last 2 years. I can't believe Reese didn't beat him out. This is the perfect solution.

Gunzlingr
09-02-2003, 11:10 PM
Tom Poston is his agent?
http://www.weta.org/pressroom/onstage/newhart/images/tposton_400x600.jpg

Michael82
09-03-2003, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by robeezy
PP hasn't even showed up in the last 2 years. I can't believe Reese didn't beat him out. This is the perfect solution.

He looked pretty good in training camp, and Reese didnt. Now with Milloy...you put him at FS and keep Wire at SS. You can then put Prioleau behind Wire and Reese behind Milloy. :D

Ebenezer
09-03-2003, 08:34 AM
On the radio this morning they are talking about Milloy looking for the money...the longer this goes on the more I believe it.

justasportsfan
09-03-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
On the radio this morning they are talking about Milloy looking for the money...the longer this goes on the more I believe it.

Although I do want him here, I don't want TD to overpay. We know he won't. Whether we get Milloy or not, the fact remains, we don't have to face him as a PAT again. The Pats will be playing without his leadership.

ryven
09-03-2003, 09:11 AM
Good point justasportfan.

NC-BILLS44
09-03-2003, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by Mike32282

He looked pretty good in training camp, and Reese didnt. Now with Milloy...you put him at FS and keep Wire at SS. You can then put Prioleau behind Wire and Reese behind Milloy. :D

I second this idea. PP is better suited for SS.

saviorbledsoe
09-03-2003, 09:22 AM
In Buffalo, he would be reunited with former New England quarterback Drew Bledsoe, who urged Bills officials to sign Milloy, and who spoke with the safety by phone a few times on Tuesday. There is also the specter of being able to play the Patriots twice yearly, an obvious revenge element. Bledsoe, who is being counted on to demonstrate his skills as a recruiter, figures to be Buffalo's big plus. The Bills want more big plays from their safeties and their current starters, Pierson Prioleau and Coy Wire, combined for zero interceptions in 2002.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1608029

:2guns: