PDA

View Full Version : Beanes drafting is unreal

BillsOwnAll
09-09-2022, 03:55 PM
With the ammount of home grown talent drafted, it really clears the way to bring in the few missing pieces diggs/miller/OL.

No one wants to crown benford yet, but between him Jackson/Elam/white. That’s most likely 3 or 4 solid/all pro CB starters.

If beane can keep it going the bills can be a force for years and years.

With all the alllen love, beane deserves his credit as well for building this

Joe Fo Sho
09-09-2022, 05:17 PM
I'm convinced that McDermott's defense is easy on CBs and makes them look better than they might be. I remember how good Josh Norman looked in Carolina under McDermott, then he wasn't anything special in was/buf/sf.

Either way, Beane deserves a ton of credit for what this team has become. Who was it that was saying he was on the hot seat for the Araiza nonsense? Good joke.

Skooby
09-09-2022, 11:33 PM
Thinking Stafford can’t throw under duress is silly talk, he had no one to throw too who wasn’t well covered and when he did it got picked off several times.

Forward_Lateral
09-10-2022, 01:44 AM
It’s easy to look good as a secondary when you get 7 sacks and a million hurries without blitzing a single time

ParanoidAndroid
09-10-2022, 02:16 AM
Stafford should not throw no-look passes. You don't have to get cute when Kupp is open like he was. That was just dumb.

Anyway, Beane's knack (and the scouting department, of course) for finding late round and undrafted CB's is uncanny. Having two All-Pro caliber safeties helps, though.

Woodman
09-12-2022, 01:34 AM
You build through the draft .... you just got to know who. :nod:

Ingtar33
09-12-2022, 03:11 AM
I'm convinced that McDermott's defense is easy on CBs and makes them look better than they might be. I remember how good Josh Norman looked in Carolina under McDermott, then he wasn't anything special in was/buf/sf.

I wouldn't say it's easy on CB, but the Tampa2 doesn't really ask you for physical specimines at CB, short guys can play it like tall guys can, and generally short cornerbacks have a hard time being drafted or signed for much. The point of taking Elam was to give the DC in buffalo the option to play man defense sometimes, and mix up our coverages based on the matchup. if the bills didn't want to do that, they could have took any solid zone guy in any round, but the bills wanted to give themselves more options to mix up their coverages hence the elam pickup.

Still Benford is a great pickup.

Woodman
09-12-2022, 04:52 AM
And you can never have enough quality corners ..... when White is 100% ready to go we'll be even better.