PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Warner coming around on Josh as well?

ghz in pittsburgh
09-12-2022, 05:15 AM
He does those breakdowns every week for a few years, and had a couple on Allen before. If you have followed him, you know he didn't like Josh's mechanics at all in Josh's early days in NFL, to later on on some decision making deficiencies, even in Josh's breakout year 2020, and some hints in 2021. Now in 2022, he's believer as well.

I especially like that conversion to Crowder where Ramsey sat on the ground afterwards, like what can we do to stop that - I saw that on Thursday night and said to myself that even Mahomes may not throw that ball right there. It just shows that with Allen's arm and proper eye placement (or where to look as Allen calls it), he has a chance to be the very best as a 3rd down conversion king if he gets off the mind set of looking for big plays to show his big arm.

I actually disagree with Kurt on the 50+ yard completion to Davis. That play from the get-go showed a defense formation of single high safety, and rightfully Allen (and Davis) should have the deep pass as his primary read; the whole right side of the D backfield is green grass.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faTdMSH7X2c

Skooby
09-12-2022, 09:53 AM
Warner had a great surrounding cast but was no where near this physically talented, Allen is getting smarter & aggressive. Let’s be honest, Josh isn’t even in his prime yet. Can you imagine where his ceiling really is ??

Goobylal
09-12-2022, 10:07 AM
Warner should talk. He was an UDFA in 1994 and had to go to the AFL and NFLE to even play football. And even then after signing with the Rams in 1998, he was left unprotected for the (Cleveland Browns) expansion draft prior to the 1999 season. He wasn't taken, Trent Green got injured and he took over a stacked offense and the rest is history.

Meanwhile Josh was tearing-up the league in his 3rd season in the NFL. It took Warner 5 years...

Woodman
09-12-2022, 10:32 AM
Warner had a great surrounding cast but was no where near this physically talented, Allen is getting smarter & aggressive. Let’s be honest, Josh isn’t even in his prime yet. Can you imagine where his ceiling really is ??

It just feels right! :gobills: :gobills:

Woodman :hi5: Scooby

Woodman
09-12-2022, 10:34 AM
Warner should talk. He was an UDFA in 1994 and had to go to the AFL and NFLE to even play football. And even then after signing with the Rams in 1998, he was left unprotected for the (Cleveland Browns) expansion draft prior to the 1999 season. He wasn't taken, Trent Green got injured and he took over a stacked offense and the rest is history.

Meanwhile Josh was tearing-up the league in his 3rd season in the NFL. It took Warner 5 years...

I really get a kick out of these sometimes ..... well he's finally coming around.

cookie G
09-12-2022, 10:44 AM
He does those breakdowns every week for a few years, and had a couple on Allen before. If you have followed him, you know he didn't like Josh's mechanics at all in Josh's early days in NFL, to later on on some decision making deficiencies, even in Josh's breakout year 2020, and some hints in 2021. Now in 2022, he's believer as well.

Well, Warner is in good company, because Josh didn't like Josh's mechanics in the early days. He also didn't like his own decision making abilities.

This is why he hired a QB guru in the offseason to make corrections in his mechanics. And this is why he spent hours in the film room to improve his decision making.

One of his greatest attributes is to work on correcting his weaknesses. Many don't, and spend their careers making the same mistakes.

When you combine his willingness to improve combined with his immense physical talent, you get....Josh Allen.