PDA

View Full Version : Keys to Squeaking out a win vs tough Titans.

sukie
09-13-2022, 04:35 AM
Opening line was 7.5
yesterday 10.5

anyone giving the Titans a chance?

personally don’t think there will be sleeping on anyone now that the world woke up and is watching.

(Title is for any Titan lurkers. Wanna lift their spirits before they get crushed again.)

screw good football. I want this over by the half.

Night Train
09-13-2022, 04:36 AM
Stop the RB

sukie
09-13-2022, 04:39 AM
Giants did… 3.8 average

Goobylal
09-13-2022, 05:04 AM
Not so tough anymore. Although I saw that a lot of people are picking the Titans in survivor pools. Dumb.

notacon
09-13-2022, 05:44 AM
The Bills are going to crush the Titans.

The reason they lost to them last year was not because of Henry...it was AJ Brown that killed us.....and Josh Allen failed hero ball with 9 minute left in the game with a four point lead.

Thankfully, he learned his lesson and did exactly the opposite when confronting the same situation in the second NE game, with 7 minutes in the game and a five point lead. Check the film. The difference is astounding.

First Monday night game in Buffalo since 2018....only the second one since 2008.

This game could get ugly for the Titans. The Bills may win by two or three scores....maybe more.

If I was a betting man, I would take the Bills. Watch the spread is going get higher as the bets on the Bills start rolling in.....oh....that has already started moving from 7.5 to 10.5 as sukie pointed out.

Goobylal
09-13-2022, 05:53 AM
Them not having AJ Brown is huge, as is the game being in Buffalo, unlike the last 2 meetings.

Forward_Lateral
09-13-2022, 06:10 AM
This game won't even be close.

Bills are going to wipe the field with them. The Titans have zero receiving threats. Henry looked super old last week. Their best player was Hillard, a backup RB.

notacon
09-13-2022, 07:01 AM
This game won't even be close.

Bills are going to wipe the field with them. The Titans have zero receiving threats. Henry looked super old last week. Their best player was Hillard, a backup RB.

Derrick Henry got the **** knocked out of him last week...literally flying in air....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/44IsfywkNG0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Tannehill is washed up....on the unstoppable downside of his career.

It’s going to be very satisfying to see the Bills “wipe the field” with the fast fading Titans.

Goobylal
09-13-2022, 07:10 AM
Derrick Henry got the **** knocked out of him last week...literally flying in air....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/44IsfywkNG0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Tannehill is washed up....on the unstoppable downside of his career.

It’s going to be very satisfying to see the Bills “wipe the field” with the fast fading Titans.

Loved seeing that. Hopefully a bunch more like that coming this Monday.

Novacane
09-13-2022, 07:22 AM
Take away Henry early and score early on offense. The Titans game plan will be out the window and the route will be on.

Bill Cody
09-13-2022, 08:35 AM
I am not worried about us losing to the Titans. My only worry is Josh Allen needs to dial back the running. Yeah he's a weapon as a runner, a huge weapon. And I don't mind the occassional scramble or run on third down. BUT that LA game cannot be the model going forward. Too many designed runs. And the guy does not want to go down. We love that about him but it's not sustainable. He will get hurt if the team/Josh is not a lot smarter about how we use him.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-13-2022, 08:42 AM
I am not worried about us losing to the Titans. My only worry is Josh Allen needs to dial back the running. Yeah he's a weapon as a runner, a huge weapon. And I don't mind the occassional scramble or run on third down. BUT that LA game cannot be the model going forward. Too many designed runs. And the guy does not want to go down. We love that about him but it's not sustainable. He will get hurt if the team/Josh is not a lot smarter about how we use him.

The one play that ended up with a couple of guys holding onto his body/one leg and Josh is hopping on the other leg? Jeesh! I was praying no one else like jumping up and crashing into them. That could be really really bad.

Bill Cody
09-13-2022, 08:45 AM
The one play that ended up with a couple of guys holding onto his body/one leg and Josh is hopping on the other leg? Jeesh! I was praying no one else like jumping up and crashing into them. That could be really really bad.

Seriously. He is completely fearless. And if you're that big and gifted it's understandable. But this guy is the meal ticket. You simply have to be smart with him. I would have had him out of the game mid 4th also.

Cntrygal
09-13-2022, 11:39 AM
Seriously. He is completely fearless. And if you're that big and gifted it's understandable. But this guy is the meal ticket. You simply have to be smart with him. I would have had him out of the game mid 4th also.

I wouldn't be surprised if they left him in to pad the stats...

Woodman
09-13-2022, 11:43 AM
Keep Jeffery Simmons away from Josh and we'll roll.

YardRat
09-13-2022, 12:17 PM
I hope those of you that are extremely confident in this game being a Buffalo blow-out are rewarded for your optimism.

Goobylal
09-13-2022, 12:19 PM
I hope those of you that are extremely confident in this game being a Buffalo blow-out are rewarded for your optimism.

Why shouldn't we be optimistic? The Bills are a better team (and the Titans are a worse team) than the one that barely lose to them last year in Tennessee. And this game will be at home and the Bills will be looking for revenge.

Novacane
09-13-2022, 12:21 PM

I'm expecting 20 and 0 closest game being a 14 point win in KC.

;)

- - - Updated - - -

They'll be talking about the 2022 Bills for decades.

YardRat
09-13-2022, 12:30 PM
Why shouldn't we be optimistic? The Bills are a better team (and the Titans are a worse team) than the one that barely lose to them last year in Tennessee. And this game will be at home and the Bills will be looking for revenge.

Nothing wrong with optimism, but I'm pretty confident the Titans were optimistic they were going to crush the Giants and most anybody that follows football felt the same.

And, they still have Derrick Henry and we still have Tremaine Edmunds.

OpIv37
09-13-2022, 12:49 PM

1. We haven’t proven we can beat them
2. They will have a chip on their shoulder after that embarrassing loss, and the last time we played them with a chip on their shoulder was the 2020 COVID game. We all know how that went.
3. We had a big build up to the opener, followed by a lot of down time. It’s not unreasonable to think we could come out flat.
4. When we lost last year, it was cuz of run D, and they have the best RB currently in the game. Yes, we did well against thr run last week. And yes, their run game was stifled by a bad team last week, but it’s only one game for each team. Need more evidence than that before believing they won’t run all over us again.

Goobylal
09-13-2022, 12:51 PM
Nothing wrong with optimism, but I'm pretty confident the Titans were optimistic they were going to crush the Giants and most anybody that follows football felt the same.

We aren't the players. How we feel has nothing to do with how they feel.

As for the Titans, they lost to a bad team with a new HC and system at home. They'll be in Buffalo unlike the last 2 losses and the Bills will have had extra time to rest and prepare. Never mind that the Bills got better over the off-season and the Titans got worse, and then lost their best pass rusher (Landry) who had 2 sacks against them last time in a close loss.

As for Henry, it's the DL I'm expecting to take care of him early. And for the offense to make them have to abandon the run early.

Goobylal
09-13-2022, 01:00 PM
2. They will have a chip on their shoulder after that embarrassing loss, and the last time we played them with a chip on their shoulder was the 2020 COVID game. We all know how that went.
3. We had a big build up to the opener, followed by a lot of down time. It’s not unreasonable to think we could come out flat.
4. When we lost last year, it was cuz of run D, and they have the best RB currently in the game. Yes, we did well against thr run last week. And yes, their run game was stifled by a bad team last week, but it’s only one game for each team. Need more evidence than that before believing they won’t run all over us again.

1. They beat them in 2019 in Tennessee. The last 2 times have also been there and this time will be in Buffalo. And it's opening night in Orchard Park. Huge difference. Huge.
2. Means nothing. If anything, it might make them more prone to mistakes.
3. It was 3 more days.
4. They bottled-up Henry for 3.5 YPC except for a 76-yard run aided by ignored holding calls. The game is in Buffalo this time around with a far better DL than last year and we'll see whether Henry is the best back in the game after the carries he's had the past 6 years (1,422) and missing 10 (and it could have been more) games last year.

Novacane
09-13-2022, 01:03 PM

Good for you. Most of us don't. After we beat TN you'll move on to the next team you have to see us beat to believe.

Crisis
09-13-2022, 01:17 PM
AJ Brown has always been the difference in our games vs them. Him not being there is huge.

Felt like whenever we needed a stop he was always the guy keeping drives alive.

OpIv37
09-13-2022, 01:17 PM
Good for you. Most of us don't. After we beat TN you'll move on to the next team you have to see us beat to believe.

Ok. Well then your belief is based on what you WANT to happen and not what has actually been proven.

Also, you mean like last year when I said I’ll believe we can’t beat Ten when it happens?

OpIv37
09-13-2022, 01:18 PM
1. They beat them in 2019 in Tennessee. The last 2 times have also been there and this time will be in Buffalo. And it's opening night in Orchard Park. Huge difference. Huge.
2. Means nothing. If anything, it might make them more prone to mistakes.
3. It was 3 more days.
4. They bottled-up Henry for 3.5 YPC except for a 76-yard run aided by ignored holding calls. The game is in Buffalo this time around with a far better DL than last year and we'll see whether Henry is the best back in the game after the carries he's had the past 6 years (1,422) and missing 10 (and it could have been more) games last year.
Lmao. “If you ignore his best play, he’s not that good!” Thanks Wys.

Novacane
09-13-2022, 01:24 PM
Ok. Well then your belief is based on what you WANT to happen and not what has actually been proven.

Also, you mean like last year when I said I’ll believe we can’t beat Ten when it happens?

No. It's based upon what I THINK will happen based on the how both teams have played THIS year. I don't give a **** about last year. They are both different teams today.

Novacane
09-13-2022, 01:26 PM

Do I need to bring up "The Rams game is the least winnable game on our schedule" prediction?

OpIv37
09-13-2022, 01:28 PM
No. It's based upon what I THINK will happen based on the how both teams have played THIS year. I don't give a **** about last year. They are both different teams today.

It’s been one game. It’s nonsensical to draw conclusions from sample sizes that small.

We looked like **** after the first game against Pitt last year. If you we basing it just on that, there was ni reason to think we’d beat anyone. But no one thought like that because they based it on how we looked the prior year.

- - - Updated - - -

Do I need to bring up "The Rams game is the least winnable game on our schedule" prediction?

We lost to Jacksonville last year. It’s a long season and one game doesn’t define if.

Mace
09-13-2022, 02:12 PM

I'm with you, but I'd raise you a Von Miller and a Daquan Jones.

The Titans are just a physical team that matches up bad with our previous finesse. It's a test. Maybe we have less finesse now ? Dunno. We'll find out.

And Notacon, it's called play action offense. Henry beat us up enough for the defense to fear the run. We start overplaying the run,and Tannehill, not a legendary QB, can start slicing with the pass. Devote too much attention to the pass, Henry hammers again. Focus on Henry, there's the slice again. That's how physical teams that can run punished us. You should know this.

A good running game opens up the field for an average passing game, we've even done this before in the past.

I don't feel bad saying I fear the Titans for their style of play against our previous style of play, and this game could take a great step to put my concerns to rest. They are not a gimme game despite losing to the Giants, imho.

If the Bills trounce them.....IF.....if the Bills just beat them......it means we've gained a level and can go mano a mano against that style of team. That's another step toward champion level.

If I see that slap Henry's shoulder pads tackling again I'll go nuts.

Goobylal
09-13-2022, 02:16 PM
Lmao. “If you ignore his best play, he’s not that good!” Thanks Wys.

The point being the Bills are at home this time and get the calls. As well as have crowd noise affect the Titans. And just being a better team.

Woodman
09-13-2022, 02:25 PM
AJ Brown has always been the difference in our games vs them. Him not being there is huge.

Felt like whenever we needed a stop he was always the guy keeping drives alive.

He killed us.

Happy he's moved on.

Goobylal
09-13-2022, 02:26 PM
I'm just happy the game is (finally back in) Buffalo. That means a lot on its own. I also like they got more time to rest and prepare.

OpIv37
09-13-2022, 02:27 PM
The point being the Bills are at home this time and get the calls. As well as have crowd noise affect the Titans. And just being a better team.

Well we were supposed to be a better team than the Titans last year and we know how that turned out.

As far as the calls, the refs are a wild card. Good teams tend to get the calls but we can’t count on that. We’ve been victimized by bad calls so many times that you can’t count on us getting them.

Goobylal
09-13-2022, 02:29 PM
Well we were supposed to be a better team than the Titans last year and we know how that turned out.

As far as the calls, the refs are a wild card. Good teams tend to get the calls but we can’t count on that. We’ve been victimized by bad calls so many times that you can’t count on us getting them.

It turned out that they tried to go for the win instead of tying the game on the road and going into OT. As for the calls, no need to give them to the visiting team.

OpIv37
09-13-2022, 02:29 PM
I'm just happy the game is (finally back in) Buffalo. That means a lot on its own. I also like they got more time to rest and prepare.

I think it’s too much time off. Thursday to Monday is a huge stretch with no action, especially with all the hype going into the NFL kickoff game.

Goobylal
09-13-2022, 02:33 PM
I think it’s too much time off. Thursday to Monday is a huge stretch with no action, especially with all the hype going into the NFL kickoff game.

Again more time to rest and prepare. The lack of work in pre-season for the starters didn't hurt them against the Rams.

Novacane
09-13-2022, 02:56 PM
LMAO! It's nonsensical to draw conclusions on what you just saw but drawing conclusions on what happened 1-3 years ago with different players makes perfect sense. :crazy: You're hopeless. Enjoy being miserable as this team proves you wrong over and over and over again this season.

OpIv37
09-13-2022, 03:02 PM
It turned out that they tried to go for the win instead of tying the game on the road and going into OT. As for the calls, no need to give them to the visiting team.

No need to give the calls to the home team either. NFL gives the calls to the team that makes them the most money. Bills fans are all in. Ten fans are one loss from being off the bandwagon. We won’t get the calls.

OpIv37
09-13-2022, 03:06 PM
LMAO! It's nonsensical to draw conclusions on what you just saw but drawing conclusions on what happened 1-3 years ago with different players makes perfect sense. :crazy: You're hopeless. Enjoy being miserable as this team proves you wrong over and over and over again this season.

Are you insane? Did you draw conclusions from what you just saw immediately after the opener against Pitt last year? It’s not being miserable. It’s being realistic. You are playing both sides. Last year, we started poorly so the history broke the immediacy. This year, we started well so the immediacy breaks the history. Horribly inconsistent

OpIv37
09-13-2022, 03:08 PM
Again more time to rest and prepare. The lack of work in pre-season for the starters didn't hurt them against the Rams.

It’s not more time to prepare because we didn’t have tape on them til Sunday.

Goobylal
09-13-2022, 03:10 PM
No need to give the calls to the home team either. NFL gives the calls to the team that makes them the most money. Bills fans are all in. Ten fans are one loss from being off the bandwagon. We won’t get the calls.

The home team usually gets the calls. And the crowd noise will affect Tannehill this time.

OpIv37
09-13-2022, 03:17 PM
The home team usually gets the calls. And the crowd noise will affect Tannehill this time.

Agree on the fan noise, disagree on the calls. The league isn’t going to lose Buffalo fans at 1-1. They will lose Ten fans at 0-2. They get the calls.

sukie
09-13-2022, 10:22 PM
Agree on the fan noise, disagree on the calls. The league isn’t going to lose Buffalo fans at 1-1. They will lose Ten fans at 0-2. They get the calls.
Conspiracy theory at its best. Guess the League didn’t care about Detroit fan losses all these years. Jets fans?

Can a teams record and fan size make them “too big” to jump offsides?

YardRat
09-13-2022, 10:39 PM

Josh Allen leads the league in jersey sales. The Bills opened the season with the kickoff game and have several more national telecasts. They are making the league money. So under that premise they should get the calls.

YardRat
09-13-2022, 10:41 PM
It’s not more time to prepare because we didn’t have tape on them til Sunday.

Are you claiming they couldn't prepare for the Rams at all because they didn't have any film on them from this season?

Novacane
09-13-2022, 10:53 PM
I'm glad I enjoy my football team. I wouldn't bother if they made me a miserable a-hole.

Prov401
09-13-2022, 11:01 PM
We really talking about the refs and which team will win the flag count? I've always looked at previous seasons against the same team(s) as meaning absolutely nothing. Every season each roster is overhauled by roughly 30-35%. Facing them 5 years in a row will certainly cause familiarity with each other. It almost feels like the titans and chiefs are division games at this point.

Forward_Lateral
09-14-2022, 12:50 AM

Huge difference.

The Bills just embarrassed the superbowl champion Rams, in their own crib, in primetime, despite playing like absolute garbage on offense for a half. There's a reason for our optimism.

- - - Updated - - -

When the Bills win, will you finally shut your cake hole?

OpIv37
09-14-2022, 01:01 AM
Josh Allen leads the league in jersey sales. The Bills opened the season with the kickoff game and have several more national telecasts. They are making the league money. So under that premise they should get the calls.

And one loss won't change that. If the Titans go 0-2 a lot of people are jumping off the bandwagon in Ten.

OpIv37
09-14-2022, 01:02 AM
Huge difference.

The Bills just embarrassed the superbowl champion Rams, in their own crib, in primetime, despite playing like absolute garbage on offense for a half. There's a reason for our optimism.

- - - Updated - - -

When the Bills win, will you finally shut your cake hole?

It's what I've said all along. I'll believe we can beat the Titans if and only if it actually happens. Given how many times this team has let us down in the past, and how poorly we've done against the TItans even in good seasons, there's no reason to believe it's possible until it actually happens.

Woodman
09-14-2022, 02:59 AM

I see the Titans trying to run in order to keep the ball out of the hands of Allen.

We will need to stop the run 1st.

Succeed at that and we'll have them.

Tannehill will have a very difficult time with our DL rotation and we should be able to produce a few turnovers.

Our crowd will play a huge part in that department.

:gobills:

OpIv37
09-14-2022, 03:03 AM
I see the Titans trying to run in order to keep the ball out of the hands of Allen.

We will need to stop the run 1st.

Succeed at that and we'll have them.

Tannehill will have a very difficult time with our DL rotation and we should be able to produce a few turnovers.

Our crowd will play a huge part in that department.

:gobills:

Well yeah. Their best player is Henry. Our best player is Allen. Our best strategy to win is to put up a lot of points so they have to pass to catch up and can't rely on Henry. Their best strategy to win is to run the ball hard with Henry and keep the ball out of Allen's hands.

So, it comes down to whether we can stop Henry without selling out on the run and allowing Tannehill to pass all over us.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-14-2022, 04:40 AM
In addition to Oliver not practicing today and likely out of Monday Night game,

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sean McDermott said that DT Tim Settle also won&#39;t practice today. So, both Settle and Ed Oliver.</p>&mdash; Alaina Getzenberg (@agetzenberg) <a href="https://twitter.com/agetzenberg/status/1570086064710381572?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 14, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OpIv37
09-14-2022, 04:42 AM
In addition to Oliver not practicing today and likely out of Monday Night game,

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sean McDermott said that DT Tim Settle also won't practice today. So, both Settle and Ed Oliver.</p>— Alaina Getzenberg (@agetzenberg) <a href="https://twitter.com/agetzenberg/status/1570086064710381572?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 14, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yikes. We can probably get by without one of them but losing both would be a huge blow.

OpIv37
09-14-2022, 04:52 AM
Conspiracy theory at its best. Guess the League didn’t care about Detroit fan losses all these years. Jets fans?

Can a teams record and fan size make them “too big” to jump offsides?

Someone said this on here probably close to 20 years ago:

The NFL has preferred outcomes, based on what makes them the most money. The refs of each game know the outcome the league prefers. So, for close/borderline calls, they will slant in favor of the league's preferred outcome. Obviously, if a 300 lb tackle jumps before the ball is snapped, the refs can't ignore it. They can't blatantly ref the game in one team's favor, but maybe a borderline PI call gets flagged when one team commits it but a similar play is ignored when the other team commits it. And, of course, a few borderline calls being slanted in favor of one team doesn't guarantee the outcome the league wants, but it does make it more likely.

That was just one poster's opinion (I'd give credit but I forgot who said it- probably someone who stopped posting years ago). I don't know if it's true or not, but it makes sense in a lot of ways. Boston is a big city but prior to Drew Bledsoe, the Patriots were so bad for so long. And Boston is a huge market. They have a little bit of success with Bledsoe and ticket and merch sales start picking up around Boston. Then Brady comes in and they really start winning. The NFL knows it's a fickle fan base. As much as I hate to admit it, Boston has some really good sports teams. If the Pats start losing, maybe that discretionary income starts going back to the other teams. So, it's in the league's interest to keep the Pats winning as long as possible.

Again, I don't know that this is happening for sure. But we all know that Brady had a LOT of questionable calls go his way... Something like this would certainly explain it.

sukie
09-14-2022, 05:07 AM
Brady won so many times where a bad call wasn’t denting jersey sales or bandwagon seats.

Tennessee isn’t losing Titans fans at 0-2. Absurd.

notacon
09-14-2022, 05:19 AM

Actually, in the 2021 loss, Tremaine Edmunds was the player that stopped Henry the most (https://www.espn.com/nfl/playbyplay?gameId=401326422). Hands down.

Henry had one long 76 yard run that went for a TD....they purposely ran away from Edmunds and Poyer and Milano were the ones that struggled on that run. Milano was badly out of position, too close to the line and let Henry raced past him.

Poyer was taken out by a WR and was beat badly on the play.

Henry had three “good” runs of 76 yards, 19 and 13. On the 17 other runs, he gained a total of 35 yards.

Edmunds was the solo tackler on FOUR Henry runs, that limited his gains to -3, 7, 6 and 2 yards. He assisted on another Henry run tackle for -1 yards.

That’s FIVE tackles of Henry by Edmunds.....TWO for a loss!!!

Milano had ZERO tackles, solo or assist against Henry. Poyer was the same....ZERO tackles.

The record of who had the most tackles of Henry was....

Edmunds 4, solo, 1 assist - 5 total
Rousseau - 2 solo
Obada - 1 solo, 1 assist - 2 total
Lotulellei - 1 solo, 1 assist, 2 total
Zimmer - 2 assist
Tre’ White - 1 solo
Wallace - 1 solo
Hyde - 1 solo
Addison - 1 solo
Harrison Phillips - 1 solo
Oliver - 1 solo
Taron Johnson - 1 assist

So, the more realistic and ACCURATE statement would be....

'And, they still have Derrick Henry and we still have Matt Milano'.

Typical Edmunds Haters Club™ hubris, bias and total lack of reality.

notacon
09-14-2022, 05:28 AM
As a reminder, here is what Joe B. had to say (https://theathletic.com/2903560/2021/10/21/missed-scoring-chances-and-defensive-disappointments-in-loss-to-titans-bills-all-22-film-review/) in his accurate and objective All-22 Film analysis....

...the most surprising development was that two of their best and steadiest defenders had their worst game since the AFC Championship Game.

Weakside linebacker Matt Milano (https://theathletic.com/player/nfl/bills/matt-milano/) had some good plays, but he was extremely eager to be the point man in stopping Derrick Henry (https://theathletic.com/player/nfl/titans/derrick-henry/). The running back popped the Bills for three big run plays of 76, 19 and 13 yards, but on his 17 other opportunities, the Bills held him to 35 yards. It’s not a consolation prize because those big runs still count, but it was clear the emphasis was on throwing a lot of defenders at the line of scrimmage, and the Bills were successful 85 percent of the time. Milano was a central character of that plan, and in doing so, he was often caught way too close to the line of scrimmage on play-action passes. He also wasn’t as efficient as a blitzer as he’s been previously in his career. All in all, it was just a rough outing and dropped him from the top of the season-long grades.

Despite strong safety Jordan Poyer (https://theathletic.com/player/nfl/bills/jordan-poyer/)’s interception, he struggled as a run defender against the Titans — usually a strength in his game. The Bills positioned him near the line of scrimmage several times to give additional support against Henry, but he had a tough time getting off blocks. A blocking wide receiver took out Poyer on a few plays, including on the 76-yard touchdown run that helped wake up the Titans offense. That play wasn’t Poyer’s fault alone, but the receiver clearly won the rep and Poyer couldn’t even get an arm out to try and slow Henry in the running lane. I wouldn’t expect this trend to continue for either player. It was just a bad outing.

OpIv37
09-14-2022, 05:41 AM
Brady won so many times where a bad call wasn’t denting jersey sales or bandwagon seats.

Tennessee isn’t losing Titans fans at 0-2. Absurd.

But would Brady have won so many times if he didn't get so many assists from the refs? I doubt it.

Goobylal
09-14-2022, 06:06 AM
And one loss won't change that. If the Titans go 0-2 a lot of people are jumping off the bandwagon in Ten.

Using that logic, every team that is 0-1 will have the refs behind them this week? Or are the Titans just special?

Kenny
09-14-2022, 06:08 AM
This is what I want to see out of Edmunds on Monday:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CidUeTKgsTv/

OpIv37
09-14-2022, 06:13 AM
Using that logic, every team that is 0-1 will have the refs behind them this week? Or are the Titans just special?

0-2? Probably not. But if 0-2 becomes 0-3 and then 1-5, yeah people will be falling off. The NFL wants to keep them good as long as possible.

sukie
09-14-2022, 06:22 AM
0-2? Probably not. But if 0-2 becomes 0-3 and then 1-5, yeah people will be falling off. The NFL wants to keep them good as long as possible.
So bet the house on any team that is 1-5?

how’s that working for ya?

notacon
09-14-2022, 06:38 AM

A reminder that YOU predicted the Bills would start the year with a LOSS at LA, and go 2-5 the first seven games.

I predicted they go 5-2 (at the worst) and they would WIN the LA Game.

I can’t wait to come here on Tuesday morning to see who is on the correct path. You were already woefully WRONG about the LA game. You are going to be WOEFULLY wrong about the Titan game as well and the first 7 games of the 2022 season.

Will that help you decide to STFU with your dour, Negative Nancy pessimism????

OpIv37
09-14-2022, 06:44 AM
A reminder that YOU predicted the Bills would start the year with a LOSS at LA, and go 2-5 the first seven games.

I can’t wait to come here on Tuesday morning to see who is on the correct path. You were already woefully WRONG about the LA game. You are going to be WOEFULLY wrong about the Titan game as well and the first 7 games of the 2022 season.

I hope I am wrong. I hope this team really has taken a step forward. I hope I'm eating crow all day Tuesday. But I've already stated my reasons why I can't believe it's going to happen unless it actually does. No point in rehashing them.

Bill Cody
09-14-2022, 06:56 AM
So bet the house on any team that is 1-5?

how’s that working for ya?

can I bet the house if the house is mortgaged to the hilt?

OpIv37
09-14-2022, 08:11 AM
and btw... expect to see the Music City Mirage 416 times. Uggghhh.

Goobylal
09-14-2022, 09:41 AM

The refs aren't helping out any team that's 0-1. Much less a road team.

Wait, he predicted 2-5 to start the season? How did I miss that piece of delusion? LOL!

Ed
09-14-2022, 10:40 AM
I was surprised to learn today that the Titans starting LG, Aaron Brewer, is only 6'-1" and listed at 274 lbs. I would guess he's a little heavier than that, but he's likely the smallest starting OG in the league. I'd love to see Jordan Phillips get some 1 on 1s against this guy.

I'm not worried about Henry running the ball. The Bills have defended him pretty well over the last 4 seasons with the exception of his one big 76 yard TD run last year, which I would argue had a couple pretty egregious holing penalties that weren't called. I expect the Bills to score early and often against a mediocre defense forcing Tannehill to have to throw a lot. The Titans WR group looks weak and they have a rookie RT. This probably the worst Titans team they've seen in a while. I'll be disappointed if the Bills don't feast on them.

Goobylal
09-14-2022, 11:12 AM
I was surprised to learn today that the Titans starting LG, Aaron Brewer, is only 6'-1" and listed at 274 lbs. I would guess he's a little heavier than that, but he's likely the smallest starting OG in the league. I'd love to see Jordan Phillips get some 1 on 1s against this guy.

I'm not worried about Henry running the ball. The Bills have defended him pretty well over the last 4 seasons with the exception of his one big 76 yard TD run last year, which I would argue had a couple pretty egregious holing penalties that weren't called. I expect the Bills to score early and often against a mediocre defense forcing Tannehill to have to throw a lot. The Titans WR group looks weak and they have a rookie RT. This probably the worst Titans team they've seen in a while. I'll be disappointed if the Bills don't feast on them.

Yeah, and the Bills will have the best DL they've ever had facing Henry. And will have crowd noise working against them.

OpIv37
09-14-2022, 11:55 AM

Come to think of it, a couple of the people arguing with me about how the Titans won’t get the calls against us are the same people who blame that big Henry run on holding penalties….

Goobylal
09-14-2022, 12:16 PM
Come to think of it, a couple of the people arguing with me about how the Titans won’t get the calls against us are the same people who blame that big Henry run on holding penalties….

Yeah, that's the point. :rolleyes:

OpIv37
09-14-2022, 12:32 PM
Yeah, that's the point. :rolleyes:

Not saying it’s the point. I’m saying it’s hypocritical.

Goobylal
09-14-2022, 12:37 PM
Not saying it’s the point. I’m saying it’s hypocritical.

How so? If all the refs do is call the legit penalties against the Titans, it's more than enough.

OpIv37
09-14-2022, 12:57 PM
How so? If all the refs do is call the legit penalties against the Titans, it's more than enough.

And they didn’t do that in the past. There is no reason to believe they will do it now.

YardRat
09-14-2022, 01:04 PM
Huge difference.

And they could just as easily play like absolute garbage for the entire game on Monday and lose. Just like they have several times in the past, despite there being plenty of reason for optimism.

I've see way too many seasons of NFL football where a team looks like world-beaters is week one only to get pulled back to earth in week two. And vice-versa. And too many Bills games that should be wins but end up losses. Including results from this version.

Optimism is fine but no game is a gimme and it's not like the opener was perfect by any stretch (as you already alluded to).

Goobylal
09-14-2022, 01:14 PM
And they didn’t do that in the past. There is no reason to believe they will do it now.

Sure they did. Most of the egregious calls against the Bills have come on the road. At home they'll get the benefit, and the crowd noise and extra time to rest and prepare against a team that lost to a ****ty team at home.

OpIv37
09-14-2022, 01:16 PM
Sure they did. Most of the egregious calls against the Bills have come on the road. At home they'll get the benefit, and the crowd noise and extra time to rest and prepare against a team that lost to a ****ty team at home.

That’s a red and blue colored glasses perspective.

Goobylal
09-14-2022, 01:25 PM
That’s a red and blue colored glasses perspective.

Is it? Name an egregious bad call or non call against the Bills at home.

OpIv37
09-14-2022, 01:31 PM
Is it? Name an egregious bad call or non call against the Bills at home.

Go back and watch any game when Brady played in Buffalo. Multiple calls,in their favor every time.

Goobylal
09-14-2022, 01:40 PM
Go back and watch any game when Brady played in Buffalo. Multiple calls,in their favor every time.

Brady got calls everywhere. He was/is the NFL's golden child. Brady isn't playing Monday Night.

OpIv37
09-14-2022, 01:52 PM
Brady got calls everywhere. He was/is the NFL's golden child. Brady isn't playing Monday Night.

Ok. But Brady getting calls everywhere disproves your assertion that the home team gets the calls.

Yes, I know what you will say. The Titans don’t have a Brady.

Your opinion is that Brady got the calls cuz he’s Brady. My opinion is that the NFL gives the calls to whoever makes them the most money, and the Bills make money win or lose whereas the Titans only make money if they win.

So, I think this conversation has run its course. We both stated our opinions and the reasons why we feel that way, but neither of us can objectively prove why we are right or why the other one is wrong.

Goobylal
09-14-2022, 02:12 PM
Ok. But Brady getting calls everywhere disproves your assertion that the home team gets the calls.

Yes, I know what you will say. The Titans don’t have a Brady.

Your opinion is that Brady got the calls cuz he’s Brady. My opinion is that the NFL gives the calls to whoever makes them the most money, and the Bills make money win or lose whereas the Titans only make money if they win.

So, I think this conversation has run its course. We both stated our opinions and the reasons why we feel that way, but neither of us can objectively prove why we are right or why the other one is wrong.

No, Brady got calls others don't, or most others didn't. That's not subjective at all and you can ask anyone.

And I have no idea why you're thinking the Bills will lose this game? Again they could have tied the game last year in Tennessee if they'd kicked the FG and the two teams have gone in opposite directions over the off-season. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

OpIv37
09-14-2022, 02:16 PM
No, Brady got calls others don't, or most others didn't. That's not subjective at all and you can ask anyone.

And I have no idea why you're thinking the Bills will lose this game? Again they could have tied the game last year in Tennessee if they'd kicked the FG and the two teams have gone in opposite directions over the off-season. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Well I’ve already stated my reasons why I think the Bills will lose so scroll back. I’ve tried to sit back and enjoy the ride before. It’s been bumpy, windy, and far too often ended with an air bag exploding in my face when the ride came to a screeching, unintended halt.

And that’s not the past. 13 seconds.

Goobylal
09-14-2022, 02:24 PM
Well I’ve already stated my reasons why I think the Bills will lose so scroll back. I’ve tried to sit back and enjoy the ride before. It’s been bumpy, windy, and far too often ended with an air bag exploding in my face when the ride came to a screeching, unintended halt.

And that’s not the past. 13 seconds.

Yeah, I read why you think they'll lose: because they lost the last 2 times. That's not a reason. It uses the flawed assumptions that a) the two teams are still the exact same (they're not) and b) home field (the Bills will be at home unlike the last 2, 3 actually meetings) means nothing.

OpIv37
09-14-2022, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I read why you think they'll lose: because they lost the last 2 times. That's not a reason. It uses the flawed assumptions that a) the two teams are still the exact same (they're not) and b) home field (the Bills will be at home unlike the last 2, 3 actually meetings) means nothing.

On paper we were better the past two times, but in reality we still lost both times. So, say what you want because lots of people said similar things the last two years. None of what you say matters unless there are actual results.

Cntrygal
09-14-2022, 10:26 PM
I am just HOPING that McD is willing to stomp on everyone and crush their souls.

YardRat
09-14-2022, 11:14 PM
This is what I want to see out of Edmunds on Monday:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CidUeTKgsTv/

Yeah, good luck with that. You've taken the concept of 'optimism' to a whole new level.

Forward_Lateral
09-14-2022, 11:25 PM
I am just HOPING that McD is willing to stomp on everyone and crush their souls.
Agreed. Don't take the foot off of the gas pedal once. Do not give teams a glimmer of hope.

Goobylal
09-15-2022, 12:59 AM
On paper we were better the past two times, but in reality we still lost both times. So, say what you want because lots of people said similar things the last two years. None of what you say matters unless there are actual results.

The Titans ended-up the #1 seed in the AFC. But what happened last year means nothing. They lost to an bad Giants team at home and the Bills beat the SB Champs on the road. The game will be in Buffalo and the Bills had more time to rest and prepare for it.

OpIv37
09-15-2022, 01:09 AM
The Titans ended-up the #1 seed in the AFC. But what happened last year means nothing. They lost to an bad Giants team at home and the Bills beat the SB Champs on the road. The game will be in Buffalo and the Bills had more time to rest and prepare for it.

They had ONE bad game. ONE. We lost to Jacksonville last year. Did that end our season?

And I think the time is too much. We have to sit back and watch most teams play twice before we get another go at it. It's a lot of time to get rusty, complacent and sloppy.

And you say last year means nothing. How did 2020 end? Playoff loss to the Chiefs. How did 2021 end? Playoff loss to the Chiefs. The year changing doesn't mean that the results will.

PROVE IT ON THE FIELD. Nothing you say means anything until the results change on the field.

sukie
09-15-2022, 03:38 AM
Nothing from the result last year or the year before means anything now. The past is a story.

OpIv37
09-15-2022, 03:41 AM
Nothing from the result last year or the year before means anything now. The past is a story.

It's not the past. It's the present unless they prove differently.

sukie
09-15-2022, 03:42 AM
The past never changes. You must drive fixated on your rear view mirror.

OpIv37
09-15-2022, 03:47 AM

no, I drive fixated on the ******* in front of me who won't either speed up or get the **** out of the way.

And the past is the present until it changes. In terms of KC and Ten, it still hasn't.

Goobylal
09-15-2022, 04:01 AM
They had ONE bad game. ONE. We lost to Jacksonville last year. Did that end our season?

And I think the time is too much. We have to sit back and watch most teams play twice before we get another go at it. It's a lot of time to get rusty, complacent and sloppy.

And you say last year means nothing. How did 2020 end? Playoff loss to the Chiefs. How did 2021 end? Playoff loss to the Chiefs. The year changing doesn't mean that the results will.

PROVE IT ON THE FIELD. Nothing you say means anything until the results change on the field.

No, the past means nothing. Every year is a new year. The Bills beat the Champs in their house and the Titans lost to the rebuilding Giants in their house. The Bills will be home this game. Enjoy the game.

OpIv37
09-15-2022, 04:31 AM
No, the past means nothing. Every year is a new year. The Bills beat the Champs in their house and the Titans lost to the rebuilding Giants in their house. The Bills will be home this game. Enjoy the game.

Again, not the past. It's the present until they do something to change it.

Also, it's ONE GAME. Bad teams have good games, good teams have bad games.

notacon
09-15-2022, 04:43 AM

Which is why so many of Opi’s predictions end up being terrible....like watching an avoidable car crash.

PSTD profoundly affects one’s judgment. Opi proves that to be true.

Goobylal
09-15-2022, 04:50 AM
Again, not the past. It's the present until they do something to change it.

Also, it's ONE GAME. Bad teams have good games, good teams have bad games.

I told you about the present. The Bills beat a better team on the road and the Titans lost to a worse team at home. Last year means nothing.

notacon
09-15-2022, 04:52 AM
Wait, he predicted 2-5 to start the season? How did I miss that piece of delusion? LOL!

Yep. In April of this year. I bookmarked it, but, we all know that the past posts are still in the nether-land.

Opi had the Bills losing to the Rams (wrong already), Titans (of course), Baltimore (he said because he’s going to the game :rolleyes:), KC and Green Bay.

Goobylal
09-15-2022, 05:04 AM
Yep. In April of this year. I bookmarked it, but, we all know that the past posts are still in the nether-land.

Opi had the Bills losing to the Rams (wrong already), Titans (of course), Baltimore (he said because he’s going to the game :rolleyes:), KC and Green Bay.

The Chefs game is the only one I'm worried about, for obvious reasons.

OpIv37
09-15-2022, 05:04 AM
I told you about the present. The Bills beat a better team on the road and the Titans lost to a worse team at home. Last year means nothing.

One game means nothing. We lost to a mediocre Steelers team in week 1 last year. This is the **** that drives me insane about about this board.

We lose to the Steelers in the first game last year. BZ: "It's one game, they'll fix it, they'll be fine."

Ten or NE loses the first game this year. "Haha, they suck, they're done."

Goobylal
09-15-2022, 05:12 AM
One game means nothing. We lost to a mediocre Steelers team in week 1 last year. This is the **** that drives me insane about about this board.

We lose to the Steelers in the first game last year. BZ: "It's one game, they'll fix it, they'll be fine."

Ten or NE loses the first game this year. "Haha, they suck, they're done."

This is rich. So according to you, last year means more than the first game of this season? Because every team remained the same and all the conditions are the same, is that it?

No, the Titans (and Cheats) got worse over the off-season. And as a result, they lost at home to the lowly Giants who are in their 1st year with a new HC and regime, who have a lousy QB. They're not making the playoffs this year (and neither are the Cheats).

OpIv37
09-15-2022, 05:22 AM
This is rich. So according to you, last year means more than the first game of this season? Because every team remained the same and all the conditions are the same, is that it?

No, the Titans (and Cheats) got worse over the off-season. And as a result, they lost at home to the lowly Giants who are in their 1st year with a new HC and regime, who have a lousy QB. They're not making the playoffs this year (and neither are the Cheats).

once again, we supposedly got better between 2020 and 2021. The season still ended the same way. Last year is not a perfect indicator but it's not irrelevant, especially when there's only been one game this year.

And this board has been incorrectly writing off the Patriots for 20 years.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-15-2022, 05:40 AM
Looks like both Oliver and Settle will be out - no practice for both of them today as well.

<iframe id="twitter-widget-0" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" class="" style="position: static; visibility: visible; width: 550px; height: 721px; display: block; flex-grow: 1;" title="Twitter Tweet" src="https://platform.twitter.com/embed/Tweet.html?dnt=false&embedId=twitter-widget-0&features=eyJ0ZndfdGltZWxpbmVfbGlzdCI6eyJidWNrZXQiOlsibGlua3RyLmVlIiwidHIuZWUiLCJ0ZXJyYS5jb20uYnIiXSwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd19ob3Jpem9uX3RpbWVsaW5lXzEyMDM0Ijp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6InRyZWF0bWVudCIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfdHdlZXRfZWRpdF9iYWNrZW5kIjp7ImJ1Y2tldCI6Im9uIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd19yZWZzcmNfc2Vzc2lvbiI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJvbiIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfY2hpbl9waWxsc18xNDc0MSI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJjb2xvcl9pY29ucyIsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfdHdlZXRfcmVzdWx0X21pZ3JhdGlvbl8xMzk3OSI6eyJidWNrZXQiOiJ 0d2VldF9yZXN1bHQiLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X3NlbnNpdGl2ZV9tZWRpYV9pbnRlcnN0aXRpYWxfMTM5NjMiOnsiYnVja2V0IjoiaW50ZXJzdGl0aWFsIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH0sInRmd19leHBlcmltZW50c19jb29raWVfZXhwaXJhdGlvbiI6eyJidWNrZXQiOjEyMDk2MDAsInZlcnNpb24iOm51bGx9LCJ0ZndfZHVwbGljYXRlX3NjcmliZXNfdG9fc2V0dGluZ3MiOnsiYnVja2V0Ijoib24iLCJ2ZXJzaW9uIjpudWxsfSwidGZ3X3R3ZWV0X2VkaXRfZnJvbnRlbmQiOnsiYnVja2V0Ijoib2ZmIiwidmVyc2lvbiI6bnVsbH19&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&id=1570461181956997121&lang=en&origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com%2Ffanzone%2Fnewreply.php%3Fdo%3Dpostreply%26t%3D261080&sessionId=df0fca4501342080d97e952918ad8b6309dc351b&theme=light&widgetsVersion=1bfeb5c3714e8%3A1661975971032&width=550px" data-tweet-id="1570461181956997121"></iframe>
<script async="" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
<iframe scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/widget_iframe.c4bdc17e77719578b594d5555bee90db.html?origin=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.billszone.com" title="Twitter settings iframe" style="display: none;"></iframe><iframe id="rufous-sandbox" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen="true" style="position: absolute; visibility: hidden; display: none; width: 0px; height: 0px; padding: 0px; border: none;" title="Twitter analytics iframe"></iframe>

ghz in pittsburgh
09-15-2022, 05:48 AM
Also Dane Jackson with an unknown injury? He's not going to have a vet day right?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dane Jackson not participating during the open portion of practice today. Not clear what injury he has but we’ll learn more later today when first injury report comes out. <a href="https://t.co/XkyUHSDz6A">pic.twitter.com/XkyUHSDz6A</a></p>&mdash; Matt Parrino (@MattParrino) <a href="https://twitter.com/MattParrino/status/1570461144199856130?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 15, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

OpIv37
09-15-2022, 05:53 AM
Great. Facing Derrick Henry down 2 DT's and down to 3rd string CB starting in the #1 spot.

Goobylal
09-15-2022, 06:14 AM
once again, we supposedly got better between 2020 and 2021. The season still ended the same way. Last year is not a perfect indicator but it's not irrelevant, especially when there's only been one game this year.

And this board has been incorrectly writing off the Patriots for 20 years.

Stop talking about the past. Tell me what happened in week 1. How did the Titans look versus how did the Bills look, much less against the different levels of competition. Now where will the game be held? That's all that matters.

notacon
09-15-2022, 06:21 AM
The Chefs game is the only one I'm worried about, for obvious reasons.

Yeah....”worried” is a good word. Does not mean that the Bills will not or cannot beat KC again (after all...they HAVE shown they are 100% capable of doing so)

My early prediction has the Bills losing one game to the best teams they play....LA Rams, Titans (although I don’t think they are as good as is generally thought) KC, Baltimore, GB and Cincy.....maybe two games (a lot will depend on the state of the #1 seed come week 17 in Cincy).

They might lose one game in the AFC East. And one game to a team they should not be losing to.

That means 3 or 4 losses.....14-3 or 13-4 record.

I also predicted a 5-2 start, although not specific games. After Monday night (which I expect to be close to or a full blown blow out) it could be very likely that the Bills could go 7-0 or 6-1 to start the season.

OpIv37
09-15-2022, 06:34 AM
Stop talking about the past. Tell me what happened in week 1. How did the Titans look versus how did the Bills look, much less against the different levels of competition. Now where will the game be held? That's all that matters.

Week one was ONE GAME. It's not enough of a sample size to draw any conclusions. It's like saying the 2021 Bills sucked because we lost to Jacksonville.

Goobylal
09-15-2022, 06:35 AM
Week one was ONE GAME. It's not enough of a sample size to draw any conclusions. It's like saying the 2021 Bills sucked because we lost to Jacksonville.

It's a far better indicator than last year. Like, you know, when the Jags game happened? :rolleyes:

OpIv37
09-15-2022, 06:38 AM
It's a far better indicator than last year. Like, you know, when the Jags game happened? :rolleyes:

Well then I guess the Giants and Seahawks are good teams. After all, they won in week 1 so they must be good!

And the Bengals are an awful team. They lost in week 1 so they must suck!

Goobylal
09-15-2022, 06:49 AM
Well then I guess the Giants and Seahawks are good teams. After all, they won in week 1 so they must be good!

And the Bengals are an awful team. They lost in week 1 so they must suck!

Could be.

notacon
09-15-2022, 07:20 AM
BTW Gooby.....since we are talking about predictions.....and the old posts are gone for now....and I promised to look back at our predictions....

I have to admit that I was very wrong when I said that David Quessenberry was NOT going to be on the opening day roster, and you opined the opposite.

I called that one badly. And you were right!

Goobylal
09-15-2022, 07:23 AM
BTW Gooby.....since we are talking about predictions.....and the old posts are gone for now....and I promised to look back at our predictions....

I have to admit that I was very wrong when I said that David Quessenberry was NOT going to be on the opening day roster, and you opined the opposite.

I called that one badly. And you were right!

Hey, no one knows until they get into camp and show what they have. I thought Kumerow would be gone.

Goobylal
09-15-2022, 02:56 PM
By the way during the Chargers–Chiefs game tonight, they said that the odds for converting a fourth down 75% if you run the ball and at 64% if you pass the ball.

TigerJ
09-15-2022, 03:21 PM
Buffalo has upgraded their defensive line. If Settle and Oliver are healthy, the Bills should be more effective at containing Henry than they've been at times in the past. I think the Bills have also become more physical, which they need to be versus Tennessee. I think that physicality will always be a trademark of a mike Vrabel coached team, and if you don't match it they do their best to beat you up

Goobylal
09-15-2022, 03:24 PM
Buffalo has upgraded their defensive line. If Settle and Oliver are healthy, the Bills should be more effective at containing Henry than they've been at times in the past. I think the Bills have also become more physical, which they need to be versus Tennessee. I think that physicality will always be a trademark of a mike Vrabel coached team, and if you don't match it they do their best to beat you up

I think Oliver misses the game. But at 291#, he's the lightest of the DT's. Might be better for him to miss it (especially if he's not 100%) and have the bigger boys in there.

notacon
09-16-2022, 05:15 AM
Hey, no one knows until they get into camp and show what they have. I thought Kumerow would be gone.

Yeah, but I misread the value of Quessenberry from the get go. That’s on me. I should have known better.

Goobylal
09-16-2022, 05:24 AM
Yeah, but I misread the value of Quessenberry from the get go. That’s on me. I should have known better.

We're all just guessing. Even those around these guys don't always know their worth.

notacon
09-16-2022, 05:37 AM
Possibly. The beauty of what the Bills did on the D-line is eight players that are extremely capable, and rotate them to be more effective.

Last year the Bills were relatively effective in containing Henry....except for one play. As I have pointed out in other thread, he had runs of 76, 19 and 13 yards. In his other 17 carries he gained only 35 yards.

The 76 yard run was more the result of defensive scheme and uncharacteristic play by Milano and Poyer. They were very close to the line, to try and stop the run, but were out of position and could not shake their blocks, especially Poyer who was neutralized by a Titans WR.

But, your point is well taken. The reason that Milano and Poyer were so close to the line was because the D-line was not as effective stopping runs as they should be. Milano and Poyer had zero tackles on all of Henry’s 20 run attempts.

DaQuan Jones is the key player on the D-Line defending against the run as the one-technique DT, Jordan Phillips (as backup to Oliver) in a critical position to continue his stellar play he showed against the Rams.

Goobylal
09-16-2022, 07:34 AM
Possibly. The beauty of what the Bills did on the D-line is eight players that are extremely capable, and rotate them to be more effective.

Last year the Bills were relatively effective in containing Henry....except for one play. As I have pointed out in other thread, he had runs of 76, 19 and 13 yards. In his other 17 carries he gained only 35 yards.

The 76 yard run was more the result of defensive scheme and uncharacteristic play by Milano and Poyer. They were very close to the line, to try and stop the run, but were out of position and could not shake their blocks, especially Poyer who was held by a Titans WR.

But, your point is well taken. The reason that Milano and Poyer were so close to the line was because the D-line was not as effective stopping runs as they should be. Milano and Poyer had zero tackles on all of Henry’s 20 run attempts.

DaQuan Jones is the key player on the D-Line defending against the run as the one-technique DT, Jordan Phillips (as backup to Oliver) in a critical position to continue his stellar play he showed against the Rams.

FIFY.