• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Remember The Titans: Bills Haven't Forgotten Loss Last Year

As Buffalo prepares to face the Titans on Monday night, no one has forgotten the teams' last meeting.
    Down 34-31, the Bills marched 79 yards and faced fourth-and-1 at the Titans 3 with 22 seconds remaining. A combination of Allen’s foot slipping and Titans defensive tackle Jeffrey Simmons blowing up the left side of the Bills line led to the quarterback being stopped for no gain.

“I’m just kidding,” Allen said. “And yeah, you don’t need to watch that one.”

https://pro32.ap.org/article/remembe...loss-last-year

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Remember The Titans: Bills Haven't Forgotten Loss Last Year

6 missed holding penalties on Henry's long TD run changed the whole game.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Interesting. When we played them last year, did the Bills remember the drubbing they put on us the year before?
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Cali512
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
        Interesting. When we played them last year, did the Bills remember the drubbing they put on us the year before?

Already in midgame form i see
        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
          • Mar 2004

I actually believe this game is as big or a bigger test of the team than last week was.

Elite RBs have been out Achilles heal. Matchups against throwing teams are more favourable, especially with the new and improved pass rush. How we handle a Derrick Henry is still unknown.

Hopefully the offence is clicking early and we build a league that minimizes their ability to grind the run.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
            When did fans get so thin skinned?

I was banned from the Reddit group for two weeks for saying Fraizer is overrated and a great DC wouldn't have made the mistakes he did with 13s left last year.

It seems like anything but blind faith and coddling is met with attacks in whoever brings up a serious point.

Titans have schooled us two years straight. AJ Brown was a big part and is gone, but Henry ran us over like tractor trailer.

The Bills are not champions of anything. It's a hype train until we prove it on the field. I think they are VERY capable of doing that. But, like a good head coach, I totally defend the "nothing is ever perfect and there's always room for improvement" outlook.

Toughen up. You want cheerleaders, bring back the Jills. Stop needing ever fan to be a sheep.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
            6 missed holding penalties on Henry's long TD run changed the whole game.
            None of them were Edmonds though. Who decided to just find someone to block him and hide out

Comment

• k-oneputt
              • Jun 2009

That’s what libs do, they ban people, panic, lie to themselves, and don’t like the truth. See MV. Lol.
              ‘Those three qbs are far and away top-3 in the game. Brady and Rodgers are on last legs. Burrow is distant fourth.
              ‘Josh is a Elway/Farve combo reincarnated.

Comment

• CommissarSpartacus
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
                As Buffalo prepares to face the Titans on Monday night, no one has forgotten the teams' last meeting. Down 34-31, the Bills marched 79 yards and faced fourth-and-1 at the Titans 3 with 22 seconds remaining. A combination of [b]Allen’s foot slipping[]/b and Titans defensive tackle Jeffrey Simmons blowing up the left side of the Bills line led to the quarterback being stopped for no gain...
                What? Josh Allen's "foot slipped"?

But Goobylal swore up and down that Josh's foot DIDN'T SLIP.

What's up with that?
                My tebya razdavim

Comment

• notacon
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
                  None of them were Edmonds though. Who decided to just find someone to block him and hide out
                  Except that is false. Edmunds made more tackles of Henry than any other player...in fact, twice as many.

The 76 yard TD run, Henry ran away from Edmunds and Milano and Poyer are the ones that screwed the pooch. Milano and Poyer had ZERO tackles on 20 Henry runs....Edmunds five total tackles, four of which were solo, two of the total tackles were for losses.

I detailed that several times...

Last year the Bills were relatively effective in containing Henry....except for one play. As I have pointed out in other threads, he had runs of 76, 19 and 13 yards. In his other 17 carries he gained only 35 yards.

The 76 yard run was more the result of defensive scheme and uncharacteristic play by Milano and Poyer. They were very close to the line, to try and stop the run, but were out of position and could not shake their blocks, especially Poyer who was neutralized by a Titans WR.

Here are more facts that I posted on another thread....

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                  Actually, in the 2021 loss, Tremaine Edmunds was the player that stopped Henry the most. Hands down.

Henry had one long 76 yard run that went for a TD....they purposely ran away from Edmunds and Poyer and Milano were the ones that struggled on that run. Milano was badly out of position, too close to the line and let Henry raced past him.

Poyer was taken out by a WR and was beat badly on the play.

Henry had three “good” runs of 76 yards, 19 and 13. On the 17 other runs, he gained a total of 35 yards.

Edmunds was the solo tackler on FOUR Henry runs, that limited his gains to -3, 7, 6 and 2 yards. He assisted on another Henry run tackle for -1 yards.

That’s FIVE tackles of Henry by Edmunds.....TWO for a loss!!!

Milano had ZERO tackles, solo or assist against Henry. Poyer was the same....ZERO tackles.

The record of who had the most tackles of Henry was....

Edmunds 4, solo, 1 assist - 5 total
                  Rousseau - 2 solo
                  Obada - 1 solo, 1 assist - 2 total
                  Lotulellei - 1 solo, 1 assist, 2 total
                  Zimmer - 2 assist
                  Tre’ White - 1 solo
                  Wallace - 1 solo
                  Hyde - 1 solo
                  Addison - 1 solo
                  Harrison Phillips - 1 solo
                  Oliver - 1 solo
                  Taron Johnson - 1 assist

So, the more realistic and ACCURATE statement would be....

'And, they still have Derrick Henry and we still have Matt Milano'.

Typical Edmunds Haters Club™ hubris, bias and total lack of reality.

Comment

• Cali512
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by notacon View Post
                    Except that is false. Edmunds made more tackles of Henry than any other player...in fact, twice as many.

The 76 yard TD run, Henry ran away from Edmunds and Milano and Poyer are the ones that screwed the pooch. Milano and Poyer had ZERO tackles on 20 Henry runs....Edmunds five total tackles, four of which were solo, two of the total tackles were for losses.

I detailed that several times...

Last year the Bills were relatively effective in containing Henry....except for one play. As I have pointed out in other threads, he had runs of 76, 19 and 13 yards. In his other 17 carries he gained only 35 yards.

The 76 yard run was more the result of defensive scheme and uncharacteristic play by Milano and Poyer. They were very close to the line, to try and stop the run, but were out of position and could not shake their blocks, especially Poyer who was neutralized by a Titans WR.

Here are more facts that I posted on another thread....

You need to quit bragging about our MLB leading our team in tackles when he was 33rd in the whole nfl. If your MLB isnt leading your team in tackles, and you dont have a hall of fame in the box safety getting them instead, then you should cut him immediately
                    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Cali512
                      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
                      When did fans get so thin skinned?

I was banned from the Reddit group for two weeks for saying Fraizer is overrated and a great DC wouldn't have made the mistakes he did with 13s left last year.

It seems like anything but blind faith and coddling is met with attacks in whoever brings up a serious point.

Titans have schooled us two years straight. AJ Brown was a big part and is gone, but Henry ran us over like tractor trailer.

The Bills are not champions of anything. It's a hype train until we prove it on the field. I think they are VERY capable of doing that. But, like a good head coach, I totally defend the "nothing is ever perfect and there's always room for improvement" outlook.

Toughen up. You want cheerleaders, bring back the Jills. Stop needing ever fan to be a sheep.

- - - Updated - - -

Im confused by this. We dealt with 18 yrs of bad football, since when did we become a spoiled fan base that should **** on our team because of a last second loss to the number one seed in the afc, especially a week after destroying the superbowl champs?

If you actually read my posts during the gameday threads, i actually made comments about allens int being all on him and how he needs to stop doing dumb plays like that. Im nuanced. I just dont agee with ops if we win he wins, if we lose he wins game he likes to play

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Im confused by this. We dealt with 18 yrs of bad football, since when did we become a spoiled fan base that should **** on our team because of a last second loss to the number one seed in the afc, especially a week after destroying the superbowl champs?

If you actually read my posts during the gameday threads, i actually made comments about allens int being all on him and how he needs to stop doing dumb plays like that. Im nuanced. I just dont agee with ops if we win he wins, if we lose he wins game he likes to play
                        Because they're the standard. They kicked the crap out of us in 2020. We held our own in 2021, but we still couldn't get past them. That was the measuring stick and we failed.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Woodman
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Apr 2014

Originally posted by CommissarSpartacus View Post
                          What? Josh Allen's "foot slipped"?

But Goobylal swore up and down that Josh's foot DIDN'T SLIP.

What's up with that?
                          I remember his foot slipping ..... what somebody else sees

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Woodman
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by k-oneputt View Post
                            Brady and Rodgers are on last legs. Burrow is distant fourth.
                            ‘Josh is a Elway/Favre combo reincarnated.
                            Agree!

Comment

• notacon
                              • Aug 2012

You need to quit bragging about our MLB leading our team in tackles when he was 33rd in the whole nfl. If your MLB isnt leading your team in tackles, and you dont have a hall of fame in the box safety getting them instead, then you should cut him immediately
                              You have to stop pimping irrelevant stats. It is totally irrelevant how many tackles Edmunds (or any other Bill) had as compared to other players in the NFL. ALL That matter is how many he has on OUR team as compared to all Buffalo Bills.

He has led the team in tackles (total tackles per game average) in every one of his four years.

Especially when the Bills had the #1 defense in the NFL last year. Which means that they, as a group, had the opposing offenses with fewer opportunities, or need, for tackles.

Some time ago (it’s gone in the data loss now) I did a detailed analysis of which players were the #1, #2 and #3 tacklers on each team. That was in response to your other silly idea that having a safety high on the Bills tackles lost showed that Edmunds was not doing his job.

And as HC McDermott, GM Beane and DC Frazier have told us over and over and over again, Tremaine Edmunds is doing EXACTLY what is expected of him at a very high level.....McDermott used the word “phenomenal” to describe Edmunds level of play.

Oh....the point of bringing up tackles of Henry for his running plays in last years game proves the baloney ("Who (Edmunds) decided to just find someone to block him and hide out”) coming from the haters is just that...baloney.
                              Last edited by notacon; 09-17-2022, 06:05 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍