• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Bills rule out DT Ed Oliver

The Bills had their final practice of the week on Saturday as the prepare for Monday night's home opener against the Tennessee Titans and have ruled out DT Ed Oliver with an ankle injury.

Oliver sustained the injury in the season opener against the Rams and did not practice all week.

WR Gabe Davis popped up on the injury report Saturday with an ankle injury and was a limited participant in practice. He is listed as questionable for Monday's game.

CB Dane Jackson is listed as questionable (knee) but he returned to practice on Saturday and was a full participant. Jackson did not participate in Thursday's practice or Friday's walk-through but was seen on the field during the early portion of Saturday's practice at Highmark Stadium.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Bills rule out DT Ed Oliver

Originally posted by Woodman View Post
    https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bi...home-opener-vs

The Bills had their final practice of the week on Saturday as the prepare for Monday night's home opener against the Tennessee Titans and have ruled out DT Ed Oliver with an ankle injury.

Oliver sustained the injury in the season opener against the Rams and did not practice all week.

WR Gabe Davis popped up on the injury report Saturday with an ankle injury and was a limited participant in practice. He is listed as questionable for Monday's game.

CB Dane Jackson is listed as questionable (knee) but he returned to practice on Saturday and was a full participant. Jackson did not participate in Thursday's practice or Friday's walk-through but was seen on the field during the early portion of Saturday's practice at Highmark Stadium.

Next man up.

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

As good as Oliver is, and it may of been due to star, but we struggled vs henry the last 2 years with him on the inside. Hes a smaller DT. I suspect we see a lot of Daquon Jones, Jordan phillips. Daquon is 6-4, 320 and phillips is 6-6, 324

Also this could be a game where Shaq and Boogie are active, and someone like Bernard may be a healthy scratch or even Epenesa.

Jones and Phillips in the interior with Boogie and Shaq playing as run stoppers could be very very hard to run against. Rousseau is also a great run stopper. As much as Oliver is very very good, this may be to our benefit due to size vs Henry

Every player on our from 7 aside from Milano are actually bigger than Henry with Oliver out. This could be a great matchup for us
      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Woodman
        Legendary Zoner
        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
        As good as Oliver is, and it may of been due to star, but we struggled vs henry the last 2 years with him on the inside. Hes a smaller DT. I suspect we see a lot of Daquon Jones, Jordan phillips. Daquon is 6-4, 320 and phillips is 6-6, 324

Also this could be a game where Shaq and Boogie are active, and someone like Bernard may be a healthy scratch or even Epenesa.

Jones and Phillips in the interior with Boogie and Shaq playing as run stoppers could be very very hard to run against. Rousseau is also a great run stopper. As much as Oliver is very very good, this may be to our benefit due to size vs Henry

Every player on our from 7 aside from Milano are actually bigger than Henry with Oliver out. This could be a great matchup for us
        Excellent observation and i don't want Oliver at anything less than 100% ready to go.

Comment

• Turf
          • Jul 2002

**** we need Gabe. I need Gabe for an over under TD bet.
          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Turf View Post
            **** we need Gabe. I need Gabe for an over under TD bet.
            I think Gabe could go, he's questionable with a limited practice participation.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
              • Apr 2004

Remember when an injury list like this would make us think a sure loss was coming?

We're deep.

Comment

• Woodman
                Legendary Zoner
                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by ParanoidAndroid View Post
                Remember when an injury list like this would make us think a sure loss was coming?

We're deep.
                That's what my son keeps telling me.

Comment

Working...
                X