PDA

View Full Version : Was playing daboll last week a bad or good sign for us

Cali512
09-17-2022, 09:54 AM
It just dawned on me that the titans just played our former OC where they run a similar scheme at least in the short game. They at least run a few concepts. So my question is, does that hurt us? Or the fact that they moved the ball at will give us more confidence that well be able to with a superior QB

Another thing, Saffold first 2 games are vs his former team. He played very well but does the familiarity with him and Daquon Jones help us vs the titans?

Whats everyones opinion on this?

YardRat
09-17-2022, 10:05 AM
I think both are irrelevant.

Daboll/Jones/Giants are nothing like Dorsey/Allen/Bills, and I think Bates' poor play last week might be a bigger factor for Tennessee game planning than having Saffold on the other side. That's a wash because even though Saffold knows them, they know Saffold also.

Cali512
09-17-2022, 10:09 AM

Daboll/Jones/Giants are nothing like Dorsey/Allen/Bills, and I think Bates' poor play last week might be a bigger factor for Tennessee game planning than having Saffold on the other side. That's a wash because even though Saffold knows them, they know Saffold also.

I saw some people doing game film of the giants and they run a lot of similar concepts as us. Thats more of what im getting at. When teams practice they try and mimic other teams schemes, they have 2 years of experience playing us and an actual mimic game vs Daboll along with practicing all week

They have an extreme ammount of experience vs our scheme coming into this scheme

Woodman
09-17-2022, 10:23 AM
We stop their run game force them to the air we win.

swiper
09-17-2022, 10:43 AM

The Bills are so unconcerned about the Titans they are hiding half their starting roster on the injury report resting them for the next game.

- - - Updated - - -

We stop their run game force them to the air we win.

Thanks coach.

Buddo
09-17-2022, 10:55 AM
Wouldn't make a blind bit of difference tbh.

I think it was Kurt Warner, who did a breakdown of all of the Bills 3rd down plays against the Rams.

Defensively, the Rams, by and large, were playing the Defense called, as they were supposed to. They were just getting beaten by superior execution by Allen and his receivers, or by Allen just making plays.

Oddly, the bigger problems for the Rams, came from their Offense, particularly with the lack of use of Robinson.

Just because you might have an idea about what a team is trying to do, doesn't mean you will be able to stop them.

Allen, in this form, could put 30 points on just about anyone.

I don't believe, even with Henry running all the time, that the Titans are capable of keepping up. Allen can either just work the football down the field, or he can simply kill you with a long reception or two.

Controlling the clock will help a little bit, but against the likes of Allen and Mahomes, it could be quite lop-sided, and you can still be playing catch up.

swiper
09-17-2022, 10:58 AM
Wouldn't make a blind bit of difference tbh.

I think it was Kurt Warner, who did a breakdown of all of the Bills 3rd down plays against the Rams.

Defensively, the Rams, by and large, were playing the Defense called, as they were supposed to. They were just getting beaten by superior execution by Allen and his receivers, or by Allen just making plays.

Oddly, the bigger problems for the Rams, came from their Offense, particularly with the lack of use of Robinson.

Just because you might have an idea about what a team is trying to do, doesn't mean you will be able to stop them.

Allen, in this form, could put 30 points on just about anyone.

I don't believe, even with Henry running all the time, that the Titans are capable of keepping up. Allen can either just work the football down the field, or he can simply kill you with a long reception or two.

Controlling the clock will help a little bit, but against the likes of Allen and Mahomes, it could be quite lop-sided, and you can still be playing catch up.

Once again. The Rams just won the Super Bowl. They had nothing to play for against the Bills. Look at all the other teams coming who want to show the world they can beat the big, bad Bills. No lasting conclusions about the Bills can be made based on the Rams game. The Rams all showered, went home and polished their Super Bowl rings after that game.

OpIv37
09-17-2022, 12:42 PM
Once again. The Rams just won the Super Bowl. They had nothing to play for against the Bills. Look at all the other teams coming who want to show the world they can beat the big, bad Bills. No lasting conclusions about the Bills can be made based on the Rams game. The Rams all showered, went home and polished their Super Bowl rings after that game.

I don’t agree that the Rams had nothing to play for. They’re the defending champs, they want to repeat. They want to put on a shoe for the fans that showed up to support them. They want to start their campaign on the right foot.

Woodman
09-17-2022, 12:44 PM
Thanks coach.

The goal is always the same 1-0.

Ingtar33
09-17-2022, 12:46 PM

the rams were all in the press leading up to that game talking about how sick they were about the superbowl talk with the bills, and thought they were being disrespected.

the rams came to play, they just didn't have answers.

Woodman
09-17-2022, 12:49 PM
Ramsey was asked after the game what is wrong with the Rams?

His response was wait until you have to play them.

They had a lot to play for ...... to think otherwise is foolish.

They were gifted 4 turnovers for crying out loud.

OpIv37
09-17-2022, 12:51 PM
As far as playing Daboll, I don’t think it matters much. We’ve played them I believe 3 years in a row. They know our players, they know our systems, they know our tendencies. Maybe it’s slightly easier preparing for similar offenses two weeks in a row, but as others have pointed out, we are leagues ahead of NJ-A both in terms of talent and experience in the system.

Or, to put it another way: knowing what to do is one thing. Being able to physically execute it against one opponent doesn’t mean you’ll be able to do it against a better opponent

Goobylal
09-17-2022, 01:05 PM
The team will see what worked against the Titans and game plan/make tweaks accordingly. The Titans meanwhile don't know what will work on the current incarnation of the Bills.

Mace
09-17-2022, 01:40 PM
Probably helped the Titans. They played their shake off the rust game and got an early wake up call against an inferior team in a different conference. They're going to come out playing their same game with less rust and more purpose. Vrabel will aim them into 4 quarters of battery and attrition and we simply need to show them they won't be allowed to.

It's another spotlight game,and another chance to make a statement. Do it.

notacon
09-18-2022, 04:19 AM
"Was playing daboll last week a bad or good sign for us”????

Irrelevant. So, no.....not either.

Daboll (and his OC) devise their offensive schemes and game plans based on the personal on their team. The personnel on the Giants is nothing like what the Bills have.....especially at QB and WR.