Are we waisting what could be an elite RB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Are we waisting what could be an elite RB?

Last year Singletary had 188 carries for 870 and 7 TDs. If he hit 250 carries which is what the top 5 RBs in the nfl hit, he wouldve had around 1200 yds and 10+ TDs

I know we arent much of a rushing team, but even look at Johnathon taylor. 18 TDs with 1800 yds with double the carries of Singletary. Obviously Singeltary isnt in that realm, but if he had the same ammount of carries based on his average last year, thats 1500+ yds and around 14-15 TDs

He had 2 games last year of 20+ carries and he had a total of 200 yds and 3 TDs

I feel like we are waisting his talents in a way. Hes becoming the fred jackson of our team where we keep trying to replace him but hes standing alone as our best back each year
    Last edited by Cali512; 09-17-2022, 10:26 AM.
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Re: Are we waisting what could be an elite RB?

I pulled in 3 out of 4 legs of a parlay last week and Singletary not getting 50+ is where I lost. It was all a no brainer to me then Josh Allen started running the ball to maintain a 3 score lead.

Singletary performs better the more carries he gets. He's a great weapon who isn't being utilized you are right. But if we ran a ball control offense with the talent we have it probably will amount to 2+ losses on the schedule we could otherwise avoid. Pick your poison I guess.

Comment

• Cali512
      • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Typ0 View Post
      I pulled in 3 out of 4 legs of a parlay last week and Singletary not getting 50+ is where I lost. It was all a no brainer to me then Josh Allen started running the ball to maintain a 3 score lead.

Singletary performs better the more carries he gets. He's a great weapon who isn't being utilized you are right. But if we ran a ball control offense with the talent we have it probably will amount to 2+ losses on the schedule we could otherwise avoid. Pick your poison I guess.

I agree, i feel like he would be a top 10 maybe 5 RB on a lot of teams that run the ball more. We just have the best QB in the game whos a top 3 running QB in the game also. I think we should resign him but he would be stupid to do that. He should go to a team like Philly where he would be untilized and get the respect he deserves. once he learned to run strait through the whole, use his elite ability to make tacklers miss, and then lowering his shoulder, he became a complete back. If he had more speed, he would be a top 5 back no question
      Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• swiper
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
        Last year Singletary had 188 carries for 870 and 7 TDs. If he hit 250 carries which is what the top 5 RBs in the nfl hit, he wouldve had around 1200 yds and 10+ TDs

I know we arent much of a rushing team, but even look at Johnathon taylor. 18 TDs with 1800 yds with double the carries of Singletary. Obviously Singeltary isnt in that realm, but if he had the same ammount of carries based on his average last year, thats 1500+ yds and around 14-15 TDs

He had 2 games last year of 20+ carries and he had a total of 200 yds and 3 TDs

I feel like we are waisting his talents in a way. Hes becoming the fred jackson of our team where we keep trying to replace him but hes standing alone as our best back each year
        Did I read this right? Did you just call Singletary elite? Are you stupid? Singletary is the worst starting RB for the Bills in my lifetime. Antoine Smith, Terry Miller, all of them. Please stop posting.

Comment

• Cali512
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by swiper View Post
          Did I read this right? Did you just call Singletary elite? Are you stupid? Singletary is the worst starting RB for the Bills in my lifetime. Antoine Smith, Terry Miller, all of them. Please stop posting.

This is the dumbest response ive ever read in my life. Holy ****, do you have an ounce of knowledge of football. I spelled out in this post so many facts and you come back with the stupidest response ive seen in my life

HE HAD 870 yds and 7 tds getting 70 less touches than some of the best in the nfl. he nearly had 5 yds per carry last year. 350 + 870 is 1200 yds. He averages a td every 20 carries, he wouldve been around 1200 yds and 10+ tds if he had the ammount of carries that the top 5 RBs had and wouldve been top 5 if utilized like them

This is literally the dumbest response ive ever seen
          Last edited by Cali512; 09-17-2022, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Cali512
            • Jan 2012

Joe mixon 292 carries, 13 tds, 1200 yds
            Nick Chubb 228 carries, 8 tds 1250 yds
            Najee Harris 300 carries, 7 tds, 1200 yds
            Dalvin Cook 250 carries, 6 tds, 1150 yds

Singeltary 188 carries, 7 tds, 870 yds

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
              • Feb 2009

YPC career as buffalo bills

Terry Miller... 4.0
              Antowain Smith 3.85
              Devin Singletary 4.7

Get a clue ass wiper lol

Comment

• Cali512
                • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Ginger Vitis View Post
                YPC career as buffalo bills

Terry Miller... 4.0
                Antowain Smith 3.85
                Devin Singletary 4.7

Get a clue ass wiper lol

Thank you

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

Singletary is not elite. He does not have the speed, lateral movement or acceleration. He's a serviceable rotational back, functional as rb1 in a committee, imho. You're not going to see him take over a game, as elite backs will. Might well have Fred Jackson potential, but Jackson was not an elite back either.

Comment

• Cali512
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Mace View Post
                    Singletary is not elite. He does not have the speed, lateral movement or acceleration. He's a serviceable rotational back, functional as rb1 in a committee, imho. You're not going to see him take over a game, as elite backs will. Might well have Fred Jackson potential, but Jackson was not an elite back either.

He doesnt have elite speed which is true. But different RBs do it different ways. He was top 3 in forced missed tackles while getting 70-100 less carries than most of the top 10. I wonder how he would be in a more run heavy offense

Comment

• Mace
                      Haha...yeah you think so ?
                      • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                      He doesnt have elite speed which is true. But different RBs do it different ways. He was top 3 in forced missed tackles while getting 70-100 less carries than most of the top 10. I wonder how he would be in a more run heavy offense
                      Probably the same. It's also true he doesn't have the lateral ability or acceleration (a 2nd gear to burst away downfield). He has very good balance and will muck his way out of a pile for some yards, but it's likely someone from the pile will run him down. He doesn't really change directions, he's not elusive. He's a gamer, and has the motor, just not the physical ability. Jackson even had a 2nd gear and lateral ability to turn a corner.

I honestly think Singletary is the perfect rb2. Don't get me wrong, I like Singletary. He's a small hammer, but he can't drive a game, though he's a dependable contributor that can make some plays. Again, that's just my thought.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

He will never get enough touches to ever really know.

Our offense isn't a one trick pony.

Is he or isn't he and neither does anybody else.

There are no more Jimmy Browns imo.

These RB's that are considered elite don't have the power or condition to ever last anymore.

17 game schedule doesn't help either.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                          Dances With Buffaloes
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by swiper View Post
                          I wouldn't say this.

The reality is Singletary would be a backup running back on about 20 of the teams in this league. Is he elite? nope. but his vision has gotten better (he used to drive me crazy) he's also starting to make the first man miss most of the time. But the main reason he's the no.1 guy is because he doesn't have weaknesses to his game (he's a good pass blocker, and alright pass catcher, good speed, ok strength, good ability to make the first guy miss). overall he's an above average RB. But we have one possibly two more guys like that. Moss is basically Singletary's clone, only he has better hands, and fumbles more, and might be a little faster (if he didn't fumble he might even be the starter due to the hands); while i don't know what we have with Cook, i do think cook has parts of his game that might make him an above average NFL starter, problem is apparently he had fumble problems in camp, and that fumble against the rams wasn't particularly good news either. He also apparently isn't much of a pass blocker, which is going to be the biggest problem for him getting on the field; we'll see as time goes forward.

My main concern going into this year was we needed someone we could trust to get 3 yards not named Josh Allen. I wanted Walker III; he missed week 1, but will play week 2, so we'll see what he has against the 49ers. the Jets drafted Bell, as far as i can tell because they were afraid the Bills would draft him, not because of need (they needed Oline), and now of course they buried him in their depth chart, which i find interesting. I would have been willing to bet he would have been a huge step up over the jets running backs. but if he can't get off the bench on the jets then we dodged a bullet there.
                          Last edited by Ingtar33; 09-17-2022, 12:42 PM.
                          My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Cali512
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Ingtar33 View Post
                            I wouldn't say this. The reality is Singletary would be a backup running back on about 20 of the teams in this league. Is he elite? nope. but his vision has gotten better (he used to drive me crazy) he's also starting to make the first man miss most of the time. But the main reason he's the no.1 guy is because he doesn't have weaknesses to his game (he's a good pass blocker, and alright pass catcher, good speed, ok strength, good ability to make the first guy miss). overall he's an above average RB. But we have one possibly two more guys like that. Moss is basically Singletary's clone, only he has better hands, and fumbles more, and might be a little faster (if he didn't fumble he might even be the starter due to the hands); while i don't know what we have with Cook, i do think cook has parts of his game that might make him an above average NFL starter, problem is apparently he had fumble problems in camp, and that fumble against the rams wasn't particularly good news either. He also apparently isn't much of a pass blocker, which is going to be the biggest problem for him getting on the field; we'll see as time goes forward. My main concern going into this year was we needed someone we could trust to get 3 yards not named Josh Allen. I wanted Walker III; he missed week 1, but will play week 2, so we'll see what he has against the 49ers. the Jets drafted Bell, as far as i can tell because they were afraid the Bills would draft him, not because of need (they needed Oline), and now of course they buried him in their depth chart, which i find interesting. I would have been willing to bet he would have been a huge step up over the jets running backs. but if he can't get off the bench on the jets then we dodged a bullet there.
                            Singletary would start on about 25 teams bro. Hes not a bad RB, we just have a lesser opinion of him because of how pass heavy. I cant see a RB who was on pace for 1200 yds and 10+ TDs as a backup RB We dont use him as much because of allen, but when we do he's really really good. He gets yards nearly every play, he averaged 4.5 ypc last year and 1,100 total yds and 8 total tds. Thats with extremely limited carries. he was 22nd in attempts but still 16th in yards and 8th in tds still If we are basing it on last year, id say he was the 10th best. It may of been higher had he had more snaps
                            Last edited by Cali512; 09-17-2022, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

I can extrapolate random guys stats out too to make them look even better.

D'Ernest Johnson, Browns, 100 carries for 534 yards and 3 TDs. Imagine if he had 250 carries. You're talking pretty much the exact same numbers you're preaching here. And he's third string.

Singletary could start on 25 teams? More like there's 25 teams he wouldn't have a chance to start on.

Comment

Working...
                              X