PDA

View Full Version : How much does miami scare you?

Cali512
09-18-2022, 08:28 AM
Holy ****, yes that was a lot of blown coverage but 2 receivers had nearly 200 yds and 2 tds. We play them next week, i honestly have a little bit of worry

Novacane
09-18-2022, 08:32 AM
They're good. We probably won't be able to clinch the division till week 14.

BillsFanInMass
09-18-2022, 08:38 AM
Our defense is alot better I think. Plus we got josh. Not that worried.

Novacane
09-18-2022, 08:47 AM
Tua has one big game and now he's arrived. We should try and trade Josh for him. Dolphins probably wouldn't go for it though. :sad:

Kenny
09-18-2022, 09:00 AM
They're good, but I dont think we'll have the same mistakes. Play them like we've played KC in the past

Keep everything in front of you and make Tua dink and dunk.

Ingtar33
09-18-2022, 09:21 AM
Holy ****, yes that was a lot of blown coverage but 2 receivers had nearly 200 yds and 2 tds. We play them next week, i honestly have a little bit of worry

you obviously didn't watch that game and just am looking at the statline, and maybe a highlight or two.

The ravens played the fins like a bunch of morons, they have their defense and they stuck to it. no 2 high, no zone, just lots of cover 0 and blitzing like crazy people. It worked in the first half when they were getting to tua, but then they stopped getting to him. and the moment they stopped getting to tua the fins offense came alive. Imagine the numbers JA would put up if someone was dumb enough to play cover zero half the game and cover 1 the rest against him?

by the way, the fins defense was competing with the ravens to see who could get burned faster. They had their defense and they weren't gonna let the ravens force them to play something else. 1 high, man defense with lots of blitzing. lots of blitzing. Of course ignoring the defense that actually works against lamar jackson, they got absolutely torched too. only thing is the ravens took the foot off the peddle, and a couple of 3 and outs later they were getting beaten. The fins defense didn't stop them, the ravens offense just lost their edge after they went up 28-7 in the first half.

the reality is the fins have a very bad offensive line, and a very mediocre quarterback, who was gift wrapped lots of cover zero for him to just try to out-throw hill and waddle as they burst down the field.

Don't get me wrong, their offense presents some problems but the Patriots didn't have much trouble locking them down, and i'd say the bills defense is both better and faster then the pats defense, so i don't expect them to hurt us too bad. one or two long runs from fin WR isn't going to beat us.

BTW: why are we talking about the fins, when we haven't played the titans yet?

Mike13
09-18-2022, 09:24 AM
This was the most impressive Dolphins game I have seen in 20+ years.

I don't know how if we beat you all next week but goddamn that was fun.

Woodman
09-18-2022, 09:24 AM

Not even a little bit ..... we have :superman:!

Ingtar33
09-18-2022, 09:25 AM
This was the most impressive Dolphins game I have seen in 20+ years.

I don't know how if we beat you all next week but goddamn that was fun.

the bills aren't going to play cover 0 EVER, nor will they send 9 men on blitzes, nor will they ever give miami a cover 1 look. so i wouldn't get my hopes up for it

the ravens showed zero respect for tua and your offense, and it bit them on the ass hard when they stopped getting to tua with those insanely stupid blitzes.

Mr. Pink
09-18-2022, 09:27 AM
Tyreek Hill did whatever he wanted against us over his career, I don't expect that to change next week.

It's going to be a tight game....and if the Dolphins do find a win, I think there will be a lot of panic around here.

Woodman
09-18-2022, 09:41 AM
Tyreek Hill did whatever he wanted against us over his career, I don't expect that to change next week.

It's going to be a tight game....and if the Dolphins do find a win, I think there will be a lot of panic around here.
It's still Tua and the Ravens blew numerous coverages.

We don't play defense like that.

Mr. Pink
09-18-2022, 09:43 AM
It's still Tua and the Ravens blew numerous coverages.

We don't play defense like that.

We don't?

We did last year against Hill and the Chiefs.

Do you feel confident with Benford, Elam or Jackson covering Hill and Waddle? I sure don't.

Woodman
09-18-2022, 09:47 AM
We don't?

Do you feel confident with Benford, Elam or Jackson covering Hill and Waddle? I sure don't.

No, we have a much better rotation add plenty of pressure and turnovers offered up by Tua.

Our defense will play the Ravens took the 4th quarter off today similar to the Browns in the last two minutes and just giving it up. We will win.

Mace
09-18-2022, 09:47 AM
Festive fun for feisty Fins fans !

I'm worried about the Titans tomorrow.

Ingtar33
09-18-2022, 09:48 AM
We don't?

we aren't asking benford, elam or jackson play man defense, nor will we give them zero over the top safety help. the ravens were playing cover 0 for what seemed like 1/3 of the game and cover 1 for the rest.

Kenny
09-18-2022, 09:59 AM
It's just 1 game. Even though they won the week before too, it was still a close game. They only put up 20 vs. NE.

YardRat
09-18-2022, 10:05 AM
As long as they have Hill and we have Edmunds and Milano, I'll be worried.

We need to shut down Henry first tomorrow, then we can focus on shutting Tyreek's ****ing mouth next week.

sukie
09-18-2022, 11:00 AM
Bills pass rush improvements has more DBs and no need to blitz.

Ravens blitzed… single coverages on Hill and Waddle is suicide.

first half Miami looked terrible. Tua had a good half.

ParanoidAndroid
09-18-2022, 12:03 PM
Miami scored 28 unanswered points in the 4th quarter in order to win by 4.

That's on the Ravens.

Scare? No.

Can they beat us? Any team can if we don't play like we're capable of, like the Jags last year.

I worry a little about every game.

Typ0
09-18-2022, 12:11 PM
They just beat a common opponent you have to take that seriously. It gives them a move advantage ... like white has a move in chess at the beginning they have an advantage. It was a nice win for the Dolphins to put in the bank. We need to string together some Ws.

Woodman
09-18-2022, 01:28 PM
Miami scored 28 unanswered points in the 4th quarter in order to win by 4.
That's on the Ravens.

100% of it. :cheers:

Mike13
09-18-2022, 01:47 PM
the bills aren't going to play cover 0 EVER, nor will they send 9 men on blitzes, nor will they ever give miami a cover 1 look. so i wouldn't get my hopes up for it

the ravens showed zero respect for tua and your offense, and it bit them on the ass hard when they stopped getting to tua with those insanely stupid blitzes.
Oh you're just as dumb in the main boards too.

OpIv37
09-18-2022, 01:53 PM
I think most people who pay attention expected Miami to take a step forward this year. It’s a small sample size through two games, but they do seem to be a bit ahead of schedule.

Are they on the Bills’ level? I saw part of both their games and I don’t think so. But, I think it means the Bills have less margin for error. If we lose to KC or GB? Fine, it won’t ruin our season. But we can’t afford to lose to lesser teams like the losses to Pit, NE and Jax last year. Miami is probably going to be on our heels all season. They’re only fast enough to catch us if we stumble.

Forward_Lateral
09-18-2022, 11:12 PM
Not at all. No team really worries me. The Ravens showed that they are a joke, defensively, if anything.

Forward_Lateral
09-18-2022, 11:14 PM
We don't?

I have a feeling they will be playing little to no man-to-man coverage.

Forward_Lateral
09-18-2022, 11:15 PM
Oh you're just as dumb in the main boards too.

Why is he dumb? His post was 100% accurate.

Don't get butthurt because we aren't all slobbing all over Tua and the Dolphins over one victory. The Ravens played possibly the dumbest/worst defensive I've ever witnessed.

YardRat
09-18-2022, 11:19 PM
"Buffalo isn't going to play the same defense that the Raven's did against Miami."

Well, Miami probably isn't going to play the same offense against Buffalo. Hill can take an underneath crosser that goes 7 yards in the air another 68 yards to the house against Buffalo's 2 deep just as easily as he can go 75 over the top against the Raven's Cover 0 or 1. Geisecki is no Kelce but Waddle opposite Hill is probably a better WR 1 and 2 than KC has played us in the past.

Forward_Lateral
09-18-2022, 11:21 PM
"Buffalo isn't going to play the same defense that the Raven's did against Miami."

Well, Miami probably isn't going to play the same offense against Buffalo. Hill can take an underneath crosser that goes 7 yards in the air another 68 yards to the house against Buffalo's 2 deep just as easily as he can go 75 over the top against the Raven's Cover 0 or 1. Geisecki is no Kelce but Waddle opposite Hill is probably a better WR 1 and 2 than KC has played us in the past.
Did you watch the game yesterday?

Tua had at least 3 TDS where the WR just ran down the field 50 or so yards with no DB anywhere near them. I guarantee that won't happen vs the Bills.

Buffalogic
09-19-2022, 12:19 AM
That game said more about baltimore than miami I think. How do you let receivers constantly get behind your defense like that? Especially Hill. They lost wink to daboll and it is showing some seriously ill affects. Good for us.

DraftBoy
09-19-2022, 01:35 AM
Miami is probably the #2 team in the division, which deserves some respect. They don't scare me but they don't need to be taken lightly.

OpIv37
09-19-2022, 01:38 AM
Miami is probably the #2 team in the division, which deserves some respect. They don't scare me but they don't need to be taken lightly.

I think they're definitely the #2 team in the div. They already beat the Patriots, and the Pats barely squeaked out a victory over a mediocre Pitt team yesterday. And the Jets won, too, but they're still the Jets.

Mr. Pink
09-19-2022, 01:41 AM
I have a feeling they will be playing little to no man-to-man coverage.

Don't disagree but Waddle and Hill are guys who will get the ball in holes of the zone and all it takes is one missed tackle and either of them can score.

Gesicki, as Yardy pointed out, isn't a bum either.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-19-2022, 01:43 AM
First, let's acknowledge that Tua has improved. Prior to this year, as NE defensive guys have said, taking away his first read, you had him. Now it looks like he's able to move onto to his second read and beyond much faster. I also like his eye manipulation, kind of like Josh does using his eyes to move safeties. Some of wide open completions he got yesterday was the Ravens safeties/CB fooled by his eyes.

Next his supporting cast greatly improved. I don't need to list them all. Just want to point out that they have legit 2 #1 receivers -- both might be in top 5 - in the league. That's unheard of in the salary cap age.

Lastly, they have a perfect matchup against Ravens' blitz-man-coverage defense. The Ravens had to get pressure with blitz, which allows some one-on-one at the back end. No one is able to cover Hill or Waddle one-on-one at the back. And Tua is able to find them. And that's especially true at late stage of the game when the defense is usually gassed.

Forward_Lateral
09-19-2022, 01:50 AM

Undoubtedly. The division isn't a cakewalk. The Jets will be pesky and the Patriots will be no pushover, but the Fins are definitely number 2.

Forward_Lateral
09-19-2022, 01:51 AM
Don't disagree but Waddle and Hill are guys who will get the ball in holes of the zone and all it takes is one missed tackle and either of them can score.

Gesicki, as Yardy pointed out, isn't a bum either.
I didn't say they are bums, or can't make game changing plays, but there is no chance in hell that the Bills ever play that kind of defense vs anyone. Frazier is the cover boy for Tampa 2.

Buddo
09-19-2022, 02:21 AM
Tua actually managed some nice throws down the field, eventually.

The Miami D wasn't very good - I htought they might have been better than that tbh, but then again, Jones isn't very good.

Both Hill and Waddle are dynamic playmakers, no doubt about it, and Gesicki isn't a mug, but I seriously doubt, how many opportunities they will get, to actually make plays.

Allen just seems to have the 'Fins number, and their D doesn't look like it can stop much of anything half decent.

One of the biggest problems other teams are going to have with the Bills, is staying with them on the scoreboard. 'Fins will get some points, it just won't be near enough, imho.

Tua needs to enjoy his day in the sun, as with Allen coming to town for him next, it could be the short walk from Hero to Zero, that awaits him.

Historian
09-19-2022, 03:31 AM
Miami is garbage.

Hill actually had to slow down to catch a few of Tuna's passes....it was funny to watch.

OpIv37
09-19-2022, 03:56 AM
Miami is garbage.

Hill actually had to slow down to catch a few of Tuna's passes....it was funny to watch.

Stop and think about what you just said.

It means Hill was so open that he had time to wait for the pass and still make the catch. We have issues at CB. White's out and Dane Jackson is hobbled.

Mike13
09-19-2022, 05:44 AM
I don't expect a victory versus the Bills, I don't think we're on your level. It should be a good game though.

Why is he dumb? His post was 100% accurate.

Don't get butthurt because we aren't all slobbing all over Tua and the Dolphins over one victory. The Ravens played possibly the dumbest/worst defensive I've ever witnessed.

The logic of "Well the Dolphins didn't do anything! The Ravens defense sucks " is completely moronic when you consider the fact that same secondary picked him twice in the first half. Using the same logic I can say Lamar Jackson didn't do anything because the Dolphkns Defense sucked yesterday.

And no I'm not asking you to slobber all over Tua, he still had alot to prove, I'm confident he can do it.

Tua had at least 3 TDS where the WR just ran down the field 50 or so yards with no DB anywhere near them. I guarantee that won't happen vs the Bills.

So if Diggs torches us again I guess it won't count. Got it.

Forward_Lateral
09-19-2022, 05:52 AM
I don't expect a victory versus the Bills, I don't think we're on your level. It should be a good game though.

The logic of "Well the Dolphins didn't do anything! The Ravens defense sucks " is completely moronic when you consider the fact that same secondary picked him twice in the first half. Using the same logic I can say Lamar Jackson didn't do anything because the Dolphkns Defense sucked yesterday.

And no I'm not asking you to slobber all over Tua, he still had alot to prove, I'm confident he can do it.

So if Diggs torches us again I guess it won't count. Got it.

lol

The Ravens played cover zero even when up 28-3. If you don't understand how stupid and reckless that is, then you are as dumb as your posts.

YardRat
09-19-2022, 06:19 AM

Did you watch the last two playoff games against KC?

Hill doesn't have to just run down the field to get open against Buffalo. He can do it underneath and YAC the rest of the way.

notacon
09-19-2022, 07:24 AM
I voted “not at all”.

Sure, they are a good team. They were mostly last year. They had a seven game winning streak. Not easy to do in the NFL.

The season is only two games old. Baltimore played with their head’s up their asses, with the secondary looking at each other like the Three Stooges on some plays when they got burned.

Other teams (including Buffalo) will be studying the film and it remains to be seen if Tua can overcome game planning against their offense after Miami show what they are trying to do with their new players.

What I think this game yesterday really shows, is that Baltimore is vulnerable, especially in their secondary.

After the Bills beat the crap out of them next week...yes, the Bills have their number....they will come back to earth.

They will be playing for a wild card spot. They should have a good chance to grab one. The season is 17 games. A LONG way to go.

Forward_Lateral
09-19-2022, 07:52 AM
Did you watch the last two playoff games against KC?

Hill doesn't have to just run down the field to get open against Buffalo. He can do it underneath and YAC the rest of the way.

Where did I say that he does?

Name one point, in any game in Buffalo Bills history, where they were up 28-3 and just continued to play cover 0, blitz the QB, and let the fastest WR on the planet just run free with nobody even 20 yards close to him.

In fact, name any team in the history of the NFL that has done this.

You can't. Because it's completely, ridiculously stupid. All Baltimore had to do was play shell, and make Tua dink and dunk his way down the field. Instead, they handed him 3 big fat early Christmas presents.

Cntrygal
09-19-2022, 08:03 AM
I voted, "Not At All".... after we're done with the Titans game, I may change my mind.

Woodman
09-19-2022, 08:10 AM
:squish: :squish: :squish: :squish:

Mike13
09-19-2022, 08:36 AM
lol

The Ravens played cover zero even when up 28-3. If you don't understand how stupid and reckless that is, then you are as dumb as your posts.

Ok buddy