PDA

View Full Version : Lance done for season... pay attention Josh

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-18-2022, 12:19 PM
It takes a split second to change everything.

Mace
09-18-2022, 12:25 PM
It takes a split second to change everything.

Truth.

I'm not comfortable with all the "But look at Josh Allen running" comments I see on other team boards.

Novacane
09-18-2022, 12:26 PM
Sucks for him. Good for the 49ers.

Woodman
09-18-2022, 12:36 PM
Wow that was fast.

Typ0
09-18-2022, 12:39 PM
Truth.

I'm not comfortable with all the "But look at Josh Allen running" comments I see on other team boards.

Shanahan defended his play call in the presser by referring to the dumb ass way the Bills are running Allen all the time.

Novacane
09-18-2022, 12:41 PM
I have nightmares of Josh limping off the field.

sukie
09-18-2022, 01:16 PM
I have nightmares of Josh limping off the field.
All of this worry is pointless. A collapsed pocket with all those bodies twisting is just as or more dangerous.

Topas
09-18-2022, 10:57 PM
Lance got injured in the pocket, did he?

YardRat
09-18-2022, 11:11 PM
Lance got injured in the pocket, did he?

No.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0rMFtAM7Yw

Kenny
09-18-2022, 11:45 PM
All of this worry is pointless. A collapsed pocket with all those bodies twisting is just as or more dangerous.
Agreed. But put another way, a collapsed pocket with all those bodies twisting is dangerous enough. No need to keep upping the chances for injury by playing like a running back.

Hell, if you watched the first 2 Baltimore games, you'll notice even Lamar isnt running as much (yes he did have that 1 80 yard scamper yesterday), but he's not taking as many chances.

Night Train
09-18-2022, 11:52 PM
Hypothetical fear.

Enjoy the game. It's a contact sport.

Buffalogic
09-19-2022, 12:16 AM
Just take the inside designed runs away for the regular season.

Bill Cody
09-19-2022, 03:54 AM
Hypothetical fear.

Enjoy the game. It's a contact sport.

It's just not that hard to SUBSTANTIALLY reduce the risk.

Saratoga Slim
09-19-2022, 06:07 AM
It's just not that hard to SUBSTANTIALLY reduce the risk.

This is my point. Slide on the 50% of runs where it doesn't really matter if we get two extra yards, and his risk of getting hurt while scrambling is reduced by half. Don't take hits just for fun.

sukie
09-19-2022, 06:17 AM
Agreed. But put another way, a collapsed pocket with all those bodies twisting is dangerous enough. No need to keep upping the chances for injury by playing like a running back.

Hell, if you watched the first 2 Baltimore games, you'll notice even Lamar isnt running as much (yes he did have that 1 80 yard scamper yesterday), but he's not taking as many chances.

The choice is stay in pocket and get twisted up or take off and see the safety in front off you. Now this is where I have a problem… SLIDE.

Night Train
09-19-2022, 06:25 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fadbiy8WIAEqggE.jpg

notacon
09-19-2022, 07:13 AM
Every player on every play risks injury. Lance was just unlucky.

Josh cannot play scared.

Mace
09-19-2022, 08:28 AM

Josh cannot play scared.

That's simplistic.

Monstrous huge difference between playing scared and being judicious in a contact sport.

Bill Cody
09-19-2022, 08:49 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fadbiy8WIAEqggE.jpg

Pretty sure bubble wrap isn't legal otherwise I'd be in favor

Bill Cody
09-19-2022, 08:59 AM

Josh cannot play scared.

QB's are protected in the pocket by the rules. Defenders can't go low and they are subject to roughness calls at the drop of a hat. That's how a guy like Brady can survive 22 years with one serious injury. Similar for Manning. Once the QB leaves the pocket and scambles or runs those rules no longer apply unless the QB slides. Josh runs a lot and he rarely slides. IMO this is foolish. It's not a question of if this will catch up to him it's when.

Sure he can get injured anyway but if we want to play that game accountants occasionally get hurt at work but less frequently than say a guide that takes packs of nitroglycerin bottles down a rocky mountainside riding a donkey. It is possible to reduce his odds of serious injury with some very obvious and much needed changes in strategy.