• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Skooby
    Skoobasaurus-Rex
    • Oct 2011

Decorum

Bills took their foot off their opponents throat because we were ahead 5 TD’s, they literally could of generated 55-60 points if necessary but unlike other teams they didn’t need to score 40+ to survive. Credit where credit is due, Sean gave the Titans a break. Bill B probably would of sent Brady out to stomp them some more, which is the exact reason the the POS patriots deserve the stomping coming. Plan on us not stopping.
    Last edited by Skooby; 09-19-2022, 06:51 PM.
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: Decorum

Allem, Diggs, Miller and many more were done late in the 3rd quarter.

It's like a college game where Georgia empties the bench against Incarnate Word in a cupcake blowout.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• swiper
      • Sep 2010

Nice and all but won't take that image of Bud Adams giving Bills fans the finger away.

Bills had no reason to offer THIS team any fig leaf.

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by swiper View Post
        Nice and all but won't take that image of Bud Adams giving Bills fans the finger away.

Bills had no reason to offer THIS team any fig leaf.
        It wasn't about the Titans.

It's about the rest of this season and the playoffs. Trying to embarrass a team is bad karma and leaving key starters out there to do it is asking for trouble.

How would you feel if We lost Josh or Diggs for the season in garbage time of a game that is well decided because they are looking to make some petty point?

Nobody cares about Bud Adams, Bill Belichick or anyone else. Get the W, get out with your stars as healthy as possible. The goal is the SB.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

I thoroughly enjoyed every second. I knew Josh was done as soon as they went up 34-7 in the 3rd. No reason to risk any injury to him, Diggs, or anyone else. Heck, Hyde got hurt and he probably shouldn't have been out there anymore.

Comment

• swiper
            • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
            It wasn't about the Titans.

It's about the rest of this season and the playoffs. Trying to embarrass a team is bad karma and leaving key starters out there to do it is asking for trouble.

How would you feel if We lost Josh or Diggs for the season in garbage time of a game that is well decided because they are looking to make some petty point?

Nobody cares about Bud Adams, Bill Belichick or anyone else. Get the W, get out with your stars as healthy as possible. The goal is the SB.
            I don't disagree. The Bills just did the right thing. It's not really about letting their foot off the pedal, at that point in the game it was out of the realm of the Titans catching up so you protect your key players. It also gives valuable real game reps to your back-ups and young players. But my point is there should be no favors for this team. Bills have established somewhat of a history with this team over the years, so this victory felt a bit like a win over the Patriots.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

I don't disagree. The Bills just did the right thing. It's not really about letting their foot off the pedal, at that point in the game it was out of the realm of the Titans catching up so you protect your key players. It also gives valuable real game reps to your back-ups and young players. But my point is there should be no favors for this team. Bills have established somewhat of a history with this team over the years, so this victory felt a bit like a win over the Patriots.
              Honestly, I don't feel sorry when the Bills run up the score. We've all seen them be on the other end of many debacles in which the other team is throwing downfield while up by 30 in the 4th.

The Bills did do the right thing, in more than one way. Keeping Josh healthy should be number 1 priority.

Comment

• Buffalogic
                Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                • Feb 2006

With all the blown leads in the leagus this week, yes, run up the score every time.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

I don't think McD would have pulled the starters that early if Vrabel hadn't already given up and put Willis in first. He probably would have after a series in the fourth, but not the 3rd quarter.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• swiper
                    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Buffalogic View Post
                    With all the blown leads in the leagus this week, yes, run up the score every time.
                    Yep. Had the exact same thought. Especially watching the Jets comeback to win. And the Dolphins. Wouldn't have felt bad had they left the starters in for this alone. But glad it worked out the way it did.

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Skooby View Post
                      Bills took their foot off their opponents throat because we were ahead 5 TD’s, they literally could of generated 55-60 points if necessary but unlike other teams they didn’t need to score 40+ to survive. Credit where credit is due, Sean gave the Titans a break. Bill B probably would of sent Brady out to stomp them some more, which is the exact reason the the POS patriots deserve the stomping coming. Plan on us not stopping.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

I used to get mad at Belicheck for running the score up on us but now I have a different mindset. If we don't want to get embarrassed, then stop them.

Same goes when we're on top. No need to show another team mercy. If they can't stop us, that's their problem. That being said, I'm glad we protected our stars rather than running up the score to settle old grudges. Injuries are already mounting, especially on D.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37 View Post
                          I used to get mad at Belicheck for running the score up on us but now I have a different mindset. If we don't want to get embarrassed, then stop them.

Same goes when we're on top. No need to show another team mercy. If they can't stop us, that's their problem. That being said, I'm glad we protected our stars rather than running up the score to settle old grudges. Injuries are already mounting, especially on D.
                          Belichick was an idiot for risking his players to run up scores. I don't care how much of a "genius" he is.

There's no coaches poll or whatever in the NFL. you gain nothing by running up scores.

Once the W is assured, you protect your best players for next week. period.

Comment

• Skooby
                            Skoobasaurus-Rex
                            • Oct 2011

Originally posted by Canadian'eh! View Post
                            Belichick was an idiot for risking his players to run up scores. I don't care how much of a "genius" he is.

There's no coaches poll or whatever in the NFL. you gain nothing by running up scores.

Once the W is assured, you protect your best players for next week. period.
                            Why Bill did this to other teams is beyond me but he has a lot of rings. I’m not sure if banging up your team more when victory is in hand is ever a good idea, Vrabel was also a Patriot so I’d figure he’d understand if we did.
                            Last edited by Skooby; 09-20-2022, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• Bill Cody
                              • Sep 2004

Meh. Bud's been dead for 9 years. He's not noticing much these days.

Comment

Working...
                              X