PDA

View Full Version : Decorum

Skooby
09-19-2022, 06:46 PM
Bills took their foot off their opponents throat because we were ahead 5 TD’s, they literally could of generated 55-60 points if necessary but unlike other teams they didn’t need to score 40+ to survive. Credit where credit is due, Sean gave the Titans a break. Bill B probably would of sent Brady out to stomp them some more, which is the exact reason the the POS patriots deserve the stomping coming. Plan on us not stopping.

Night Train
09-19-2022, 10:29 PM
Allem, Diggs, Miller and many more were done late in the 3rd quarter.

It's like a college game where Georgia empties the bench against Incarnate Word in a cupcake blowout.

swiper
09-19-2022, 10:37 PM
Nice and all but won't take that image of Bud Adams giving Bills fans the finger away.

https://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Titans-Owner-Bud-Adams-Fires-Off-A-Two-Fingered-Celebratory-Salute.jpg

Bills had no reason to offer THIS team any fig leaf.

Canadian'eh!
09-19-2022, 10:47 PM
Nice and all but won't take that image of Bud Adams giving Bills fans the finger away.

https://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/Titans-Owner-Bud-Adams-Fires-Off-A-Two-Fingered-Celebratory-Salute.jpg

Bills had no reason to offer THIS team any fig leaf.

It wasn't about the Titans.

It's about the rest of this season and the playoffs. Trying to embarrass a team is bad karma and leaving key starters out there to do it is asking for trouble.

How would you feel if We lost Josh or Diggs for the season in garbage time of a game that is well decided because they are looking to make some petty point?

Nobody cares about Bud Adams, Bill Belichick or anyone else. Get the W, get out with your stars as healthy as possible. The goal is the SB.

Forward_Lateral
09-19-2022, 11:00 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed every second. I knew Josh was done as soon as they went up 34-7 in the 3rd. No reason to risk any injury to him, Diggs, or anyone else. Heck, Hyde got hurt and he probably shouldn't have been out there anymore.

swiper
09-19-2022, 11:03 PM
It wasn't about the Titans.

It's about the rest of this season and the playoffs. Trying to embarrass a team is bad karma and leaving key starters out there to do it is asking for trouble.

How would you feel if We lost Josh or Diggs for the season in garbage time of a game that is well decided because they are looking to make some petty point?

Nobody cares about Bud Adams, Bill Belichick or anyone else. Get the W, get out with your stars as healthy as possible. The goal is the SB.

I don't disagree. The Bills just did the right thing. It's not really about letting their foot off the pedal, at that point in the game it was out of the realm of the Titans catching up so you protect your key players. It also gives valuable real game reps to your back-ups and young players. But my point is there should be no favors for this team. Bills have established somewhat of a history with this team over the years, so this victory felt a bit like a win over the Patriots.

Forward_Lateral
09-19-2022, 11:06 PM
I don't disagree. The Bills just did the right thing. It's not really about letting their foot off the pedal, at that point in the game it was out of the realm of the Titans catching up so you protect your key players. It also gives valuable real game reps to your back-ups and young players. But my point is there should be no favors for this team. Bills have established somewhat of a history with this team over the years, so this victory felt a bit like a win over the Patriots.
Honestly, I don't feel sorry when the Bills run up the score. We've all seen them be on the other end of many debacles in which the other team is throwing downfield while up by 30 in the 4th.

The Bills did do the right thing, in more than one way. Keeping Josh healthy should be number 1 priority.

Buffalogic
09-19-2022, 11:10 PM
With all the blown leads in the leagus this week, yes, run up the score every time.

YardRat
09-19-2022, 11:13 PM
I don't think McD would have pulled the starters that early if Vrabel hadn't already given up and put Willis in first. He probably would have after a series in the fourth, but not the 3rd quarter.

swiper
09-19-2022, 11:17 PM
With all the blown leads in the leagus this week, yes, run up the score every time.

Yep. Had the exact same thought. Especially watching the Jets comeback to win. And the Dolphins. Wouldn't have felt bad had they left the starters in for this alone. But glad it worked out the way it did.

Woodman
09-19-2022, 11:48 PM
Bills took their foot off their opponents throat because we were ahead 5 TD’s, they literally could of generated 55-60 points if necessary but unlike other teams they didn’t need to score 40+ to survive. Credit where credit is due, Sean gave the Titans a break. Bill B probably would of sent Brady out to stomp them some more, which is the exact reason the the POS patriots deserve the stomping coming. Plan on us not stopping.

:gobills: :10:

OpIv37
09-20-2022, 02:22 AM
I used to get mad at Belicheck for running the score up on us but now I have a different mindset. If we don't want to get embarrassed, then stop them.

Same goes when we're on top. No need to show another team mercy. If they can't stop us, that's their problem. That being said, I'm glad we protected our stars rather than running up the score to settle old grudges. Injuries are already mounting, especially on D.

Canadian'eh!
09-20-2022, 07:51 AM
I used to get mad at Belicheck for running the score up on us but now I have a different mindset. If we don't want to get embarrassed, then stop them.

Same goes when we're on top. No need to show another team mercy. If they can't stop us, that's their problem. That being said, I'm glad we protected our stars rather than running up the score to settle old grudges. Injuries are already mounting, especially on D.

Belichick was an idiot for risking his players to run up scores. I don't care how much of a "genius" he is.

There's no coaches poll or whatever in the NFL. you gain nothing by running up scores.

Once the W is assured, you protect your best players for next week. period.

Skooby
09-20-2022, 07:58 AM
Belichick was an idiot for risking his players to run up scores. I don't care how much of a "genius" he is.

There's no coaches poll or whatever in the NFL. you gain nothing by running up scores.

Once the W is assured, you protect your best players for next week. period.
Why Bill did this to other teams is beyond me but he has a lot of rings. I’m not sure if banging up your team more when victory is in hand is ever a good idea, Vrabel was also a Patriot so I’d figure he’d understand if we did.

Bill Cody
09-20-2022, 08:27 AM

Meh. Bud's been dead for 9 years. He's not noticing much these days.

swiper
09-20-2022, 11:40 AM
Meh. Bud's been dead for 9 years. He's not noticing much these days.

And nobody talks about wide right anymore?

Bill Cody
09-21-2022, 02:08 AM
And nobody talks about wide right anymore?

that talk ends this year

It's like all that "curse of the Bambino" stuff the Red Sox endured until they won. If we can stay relatively healthy I like the Bills chances.

The last buffalo fan
09-21-2022, 02:15 AM
that talk ends this year

It's like all that "curse of the Bambino" stuff the Red Sox endured until they won. If we can stay relatively healthy I like the Bills chances.
:beers:

:gobills:

imbondz
09-21-2022, 04:24 AM
Why Bill did this to other teams is beyond me but he has a lot of rings. I’m not sure if banging up your team more when victory is in hand is ever a good idea, Vrabel was also a Patriot so I’d figure he’d understand if we did.

Worked out pretty well for Bill. Bill played chess while everyone else was playing checkers.

Woodman
09-21-2022, 04:29 AM

He's showing them how far they still needed to go ....

Planting the bad memory .... "How do we ever beat these guys?"

OpIv37
09-21-2022, 04:42 AM
He's showing them how far they still needed to go ....

Planting the bad memory .... "How do we ever beat these guys?"

The sad part is that we never really did, at least not when it was the Brady-Belicheck combo. Brady's career record is 33-3 against the Bills, and one of those wins came with the Bucs last year. So, the Brady-Belicheck.

That being said, if Brady and Allen's careers lined up better, I have a feeling that record would be much more even.

Side note: This is another reason I don't consider Brady the GOAT. The rest of the AFCE was trash for his entire career. The Patriots never once faced a challenge from within the div during his entire tenure with the Pats. They were guaranteed 6 easy games a year and a home playoff game, and had a much easier time getting that first round bye. I don't have the actual numbers in front of me, but I'd be shocked if any other team faced so little competition from within their division for such an extended period of time.

Woodman
09-21-2022, 05:07 AM
The sad part is that we never really did, at least not when it was the Brady-Belicheck combo. Brady's career record is 33-3 against the Bills, and one of those wins came with the Bucs last year. So, the Brady-Belicheck.

That being said, if Brady and Allen's careers lined up better, I have a feeling that record would be much more even.

Side note: This is another reason I don't consider Brady the GOAT. The rest of the AFCE was trash for his entire career. The Patriots never once faced a challenge from within the div during his entire tenure with the Pats. They were guaranteed 6 easy games a year and a home playoff game, and had a much easier time getting that first round bye. I don't have the actual numbers in front of me, but I'd be shocked if any other team faced so little competition from within their division for such an extended period of time.
:10:

Excellent.

Mr. Pink
09-21-2022, 07:37 AM
This thread turned out to be rather ironic...

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/bills-ol-hart-suspended-for-1-game-for-punching-titans-coach/#:~:text=ORCHARD%20PARK%2C%20N.Y.,following%20a%2041%2D7%20win.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — The NFL suspended Buffalo Bills backup offensive lineman Bobby Hart for one game on Tuesday, a day after he took a swing at a Titans player and instead struck a Tennessee coach in the head following a 41-7 win.

Great decorum.

Skooby
09-21-2022, 09:33 AM

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/bills-ol-hart-suspended-for-1-game-for-punching-titans-coach/#:~:text=ORCHARD%20PARK%2C%20N.Y.,following%20a%2041%2D7%20win.

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) — The NFL suspended Buffalo Bills backup offensive lineman Bobby Hart for one game on Tuesday, a day after he took a swing at a Titans player and instead struck a Tennessee coach in the head following a 41-7 win.

Great decorum.
Yeah, oops. I didn’t hear about this at all until the other day. Also, I was talking about on the field & keeping it the way it landed.

Typ0
09-21-2022, 09:52 AM
As long as there is a tie breaker based on points we should be trying to hang 100+ on the opponent. It's only like 12 TDs and a few field goals. Come on Josh you can do it!

Mad Bomber
09-22-2022, 12:11 PM

Seeing as how he whiffed on his attempt, I’m guessing it must have been a DL Hart was swinging at.

YardRat
09-22-2022, 12:20 PM
Seeing as how he whiffed on his attempt, I’m guessing it must have been a DL Hart was swinging at.

Simmons. Hart claims he spit on him.

Mace
09-22-2022, 12:53 PM

I see it as our fault we couldn't give them, or much of anyone else, any competition for an extended period of time. The yearly beatings were predictable. The bigger statement about Brady is how he did against everyone else, because we were insignificant. That was hardly Belichick/Brady's fault.

OpIv37
09-22-2022, 03:31 PM
I see it as our fault we couldn't give them, or much of anyone else, any competition for an extended period of time. The yearly beatings were predictable. The bigger statement about Brady is how he did against everyone else, because we were insignificant. That was hardly Belichick/Brady's fault.

I think you misunderstood. It’s not their fault that we sucked or that NJ-B sucked or that the Fish sucked. The yearly beatings were the fault of our mismanagement. What I’m saying is that they lucked into nearly two decades without a challenge in the Div. They had 3 incompetent teams in one division for nearly 2 decades. That’s unheard of

notacon
09-23-2022, 05:01 AM
Simmons. Hart claims he spit on him.

There is every reason to believe that this is a continuation of problems when Hart was on the Titan’s last year.

Bill Cody
09-23-2022, 08:31 AM

Great decorum.

ok bad decorum but assuming the coach wasn't injured pretty funny. Is there a video of this?

Bill Cody
09-23-2022, 08:47 AM

ha ha

Kaziganth
09-23-2022, 09:13 AM

Steelers basically had a similar situation for a long time and had a lot of SB wins as well.