PDA

View Full Version : If there is one thing to pick on the Bills offense

ghz in pittsburgh
09-20-2022, 03:14 AM
other than Josh being a bit off (you can tell, compared to the Rams game) in throwing the ball, is that 3rd and 1, 4th and 1. I don't have confidence they can get it, and the Bills coaching stuff know it too.

I hate we have to resort to trick plays and throw the ball to get it.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">.<a href="https://twitter.com/Titans?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@Titans</a> play this 4-1 play as well as you can; “crash the party ready ready…break”. It’s as close to forcing the Bills into a mistake as they had all night <a href="https://t.co/ep6uCLzt51">pic.twitter.com/ep6uCLzt51</a></p>&mdash; Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) <a href="https://twitter.com/BaldyNFL/status/1572223436365201413?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 20, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Novacane
09-20-2022, 03:21 AM
They were bad calls. Not QB play.

Forward_Lateral
09-20-2022, 03:26 AM
They have zero confidence that their RBs can get them a yard.

This needs to change.

kgun12
09-20-2022, 03:53 AM
They have zero confidence that their RBs can get them a yard.

This needs to change.

I agree, I’ve always been a dime a dozen when it comes to RB, but the Bills have only spent a nickel!

ghz in pittsburgh
09-20-2022, 04:09 AM
Regular season? OK. Playoff? It will matter big time.

Forward_Lateral
09-20-2022, 04:18 AM
Regular season? OK. Playoff? It will matter big time.
I really don't know why they didn't try to sneak at least on one of those.

OpIv37
09-20-2022, 04:18 AM
The worst part is that this was an issue last year too. After all this time, they haven't corrected it. That's concerning.

Forward_Lateral
09-20-2022, 04:20 AM
The worst part is that this was an issue last year too. After all this time, they haven't corrected it. That's concerning.

The thing that really stands out to me is that they didn't even give any RBs a chance to even prove they can pick up a yard or 2 when needed. At least try it once or twice before reverting to calling shot gun stupid plays. Heck, line Gilliam up in the backfield and hand it to him.

Woodman
09-20-2022, 04:24 AM
I really don't know why they didn't try to sneak at least on one of those.
Totally expected them to do exactly that.

Woodman
09-20-2022, 04:27 AM
Maybe Cook can add some juice. :idunno:

Skooby
09-20-2022, 08:39 AM
We need to control the wind, Josh in a dome is deadly accurate but the wind can screw things up.

kgun12
09-20-2022, 10:14 AM
We need to control the wind, Josh in a dome is deadly accurate but the wind can screw things up.

I think that’s every QB in the league.

Cali512
09-20-2022, 10:21 AM
If allen got that away, its a td

Look at kumerow, thats a walk in td if allen is able to get that off.

Horrible playcall but im js

Ingtar33
09-20-2022, 11:10 AM
other than Josh being a bit off (you can tell, compared to the Rams game) in throwing the ball

JA completion percentage vs the rams 83%
JA completion percentage vs the titans 68%

oh yeah, stop the press. JA only completed 68% of his passes. we've got a 4 alarm fire on our hands. come on, what are we talking about here?

Cali512
09-20-2022, 11:17 AM
JA completion percentage vs the rams 83%
JA completion percentage vs the titans 68%

oh yeah, stop the press. JA only completed 68% of his passes. we've got a 4 alarm fire on our hands. come on, what are we talking about here?

Allens misses are generally incredible attempts, like the gilliam pass. His only bad miss was the near int (his routine one stupid pass a game) and the swing pass he threw into the dirt (mahomes did this vs us last year, it happens)

Aside from those 2 plays, he was near perfect

YardRat
09-20-2022, 11:20 AM
Any other receiver beside Shakir lines up in the right slot and Byard gets blocked at least enough to not blow up the play and Allen gets an easy first down on the outside.

Outside of that specific play, though, yeah they are still struggling with short yardage.

Cali512
09-20-2022, 11:58 AM
Any other receiver beside Shakir lines up in the right slot and Byard gets blocked at least enough to not blow up the play and Allen gets an easy first down on the outside.

Outside of that specific play, though, yeah they are still struggling with short yardage.

I dont want to sound like im all over singletarys dick, but hes much more powerful than moss in terms of pushing forward and lowering his shoulder. Moss has this narrative as a power back but he never pushes the pile, at least we've seen singletary push piles and get yac

I would love to just have Singletary and Cook on the field at all times and replace Moss

I genuinely think we played moss so much in the pre season to field offers but no one bit.

Woodman
09-20-2022, 12:01 PM
Gilliam looks pretty damn determined when he carries the rock.

I was looking for a few jet sweeps with either McKenzie or Crowder.

Cali512
09-20-2022, 12:15 PM
Gilliam looks pretty damn determined when he carries the rock.

I was looking for a few jet sweeps with either McKenzie or Crowder.

Im curious, should we use him as our short yardage back? I understand hes our FB, but what if we did the pistol formation we use at times and have Morris come in the backfield with Gilliam? That may be better than what we are attempting to do

What it also provides is the ability to run a pass option with 3 TEs and 2 receivers on the field. Spread wide with knox, Gilliam in the backfield, Knox in the slot and davis and diggs on the outside with Morris in line. We can run power with allen having 3 TEs to block, or we can line up in power with Morris as the Hb and Gilliam as the RB with knox in line with 2
WRs

That could be a set that would solve our short yardage, scratch Moss and roll with 3 TEs/HBs with one being our power back

Woodman
09-20-2022, 12:18 PM
Im curious, should we use him as our short yardage back? I understand hes our FB, but what if we did the pistol formation we use at times and have Morris come in the backfield with Gilliam? That may be better than what we are attempting to do

What it also provides is the ability to run a pass option with 3 TEs and 2 receivers on the field. Spread wide with knox, Gilliam in the backfield, Knox in the slot and davis and diggs on the outside with Morris in line. We can run power with allen having 3 TEs to block, or we can line up in power with Morris as the Hb and Gilliam as the RB with knox in line with 2
WRs

That could be a set that would solve our short yardage, scratch Moss and roll with 3 TEs/HBs with one being our power back

Definitely worth a look .... where do we submit our play options? :gobills:

I was hoping for a jet sweep or two last night.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-20-2022, 12:24 PM
Ingtar, I assume you watched the game as well, not just looking at stats. There are a few plays in the first half I think Josh had a few throws he can do better.

Prior to 4th and 1 on 3rd and 1, he had the Moss(?) to the flank and he threw way short to the ground in front of him. I think the Titans was late to cover and Josh saw it and rushed throw.

The pass to Knox to the middle where two Titans sandwiched him and threw him down pass the 1st down marker. Only one hand full of QB will make that throw, still Josh probably could throw a bit earlier. In the old days, that throw will get Knox "sawed in half" as Ryan Clark tweeted.

I also think the long throw to Gilliam on the side line maybe had too much muster on it. But that was a very difficult throw. Diggs or Davis probably gets it without an issue.

Again I want to emphasize that I'm nit picking here. Josh just set such a high standard himself in the last 4, 5 games. Actually he himself said in teh post game presser that he was not doing that great in the first half of the game.

Cali512
09-20-2022, 01:12 PM
Ingtar, I assume you watched the game as well, not just looking at stats. There are a few plays in the first half I think Josh had a few throws he can do better.

Prior to 4th and 1 on 3rd and 1, he had the Moss(?) to the flank and he threw way short to the ground in front of him. I think the Titans was late to cover and Josh saw it and rushed throw.

The pass to Knox to the middle where two Titans sandwiched him and threw him down pass the 1st down marker. Only one hand full of QB will make that throw, still Josh probably could throw a bit earlier. In the old days, that throw will get Knox "sawed in half" as Ryan Clark tweeted.

I also think the long throw to Gilliam on the side line maybe had too much muster on it. But that was a very difficult throw. Diggs or Davis probably gets it without an issue.

Again I want to emphasize that I'm nit picking here. Josh just set such a high standard himself in the last 4, 5 games. Actually he himself said in teh post game presser that he was not doing that great in the first half of the game.

Thats 2 throws that he missed. We dont need to disect everything. One was an insane pass that just missed and one was one of those rush throws like mahomes had last yr

Woodman
09-20-2022, 02:52 PM
It's important to win but it's critical to constantly continue to improve and we have room for that.
Keep getting better .... we gotta stay away from the damn injury bug.

Typ0
09-21-2022, 10:02 AM
I thought Allen was off a little. I thought they worked on him making the throws a little sooner and connected with receivers in quicker patterns. He struggled to get the ball into the right place. But he was chunking down the plays differently which is going to be a real good thing if he keeps it up and learns that discipline.