X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Sam Martins punts

There is a dramatic drop after its peak. It gets to its highest point and just drops like a rock

Every punt he had wasnt nessesarily deep like Punt satan but seemed to have enormous hangtime and make the PR run to it like it was hard to judge in the air.

If thats the case, holy **** thats a weapon.

You see how it just drops dramatically but still gets inside the 15.

Woods even had trouble with it when he pushed it to the sideline. Its like Woods had to track it and the last second he had to rush to run under it and his momentum pushed him out of bounds
    Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • Woodman
    Legendary Zoner
    • Apr 2014

Re: Sam Martins punts

His punts are hard to field ..... i'm loving that.

Hang time baby!!

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Martin developed an odd english that he can put on the ball while he was at App State. No idea how he learned it but the ball almost knuckles at the arc point and then darts down like a rocket but not just straight down almost at a random angle.

I was on the field in Boone pre-game before they played UT-Chattanooga and I saw him warming up. I’ve never seen another punter kick the ball like that.

It was almost the weirdest thing I saw that night, but I was in Boone…so you know…

Only other punter I ever saw even attempt some of the stuff Miller can do was Marquette King at Albany State. Not everyday you go to a game and immediately see how the punter is the best athlete on the team. Also HIGHLY recommend the Fountain City Classic if you get a chance. That was one hell of a show at halftime.
      Last edited by DraftBoy; 09-20-2022, 11:28 AM.
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Cali512
        • Jan 2012

Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
        Martin developed an odd english that he can put on the ball while he was at App State. No idea how he learned it but the ball almost knuckles at the arc point and then darts down like a rocket but not just straight down almost at a random angle.

I was on the field in Boone pre-game before they played UT-Chattanooga and I saw him warming up. I’ve never seen another punter kick the ball like that.

It was almost the weirdest thing I saw that night, but I was in Boone…so you know…

Only other punter I ever saw even attempt some of the stuff Miller can do was Marquette King at Albany State. Not everyday you go to a game and immediately see how the punter is the best athlete on the team. Also HIGHLY recommend the Fountain City Classic if you get a chance. That was one hell of a show at halftime.

Thats what im seeing to. Its like a knuckleball kick. Yet it gets the distance , hangtime, and accuracy it needs to
        Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
          Thats what im seeing to. Its like a knuckleball kick. Yet it gets the distance , hangtime, and accuracy it needs to
          He’s got a huge leg and he can really do anything he wants with a punt. It’s a bit ridiculous.
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Woodman
            Legendary Zoner
            • Apr 2014

So far very pleased with the results.

When we need him hopefully he continues his magic!

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• sukie
              Seriously?
              • Sep 2012

I don’t wanna see this guy kick for at least 3 games

Comment

• imbondz
                Democrats are people too
                • Jan 2003

I thought the wind took the ball at the last second before the Titans miffed it.
                My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• Woodman
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Apr 2014

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                  Vegas probably has odds on exactly that.

Comment

• Cali512
                    • Jan 2012

Originally posted by imbondz View Post
                    I thought the wind took the ball at the last second before the Titans miffed it.
                    It wasnt windy, it's literally how he kicks, it curves then drops. I watched it in denver, its a unique skill he has

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
                      It wasnt windy, it's literally how he kicks, it curves then drops. I watched it in denver, its a unique skill he has
                      Whatever helps us win i'm all for it.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by sukie View Post
                        We have 15 regular season games to go.

I'm going for 5 str8 without a punt.

Comment

Working...
                        X