PDA

View Full Version : Sam Martins punts

Cali512
09-20-2022, 10:36 AM
There is a dramatic drop after its peak. It gets to its highest point and just drops like a rock

Every punt he had wasnt nessesarily deep like Punt satan but seemed to have enormous hangtime and make the PR run to it like it was hard to judge in the air.

If thats the case, holy **** thats a weapon.

https://youtu.be/nXrw0hHu_aQ

You see how it just drops dramatically but still gets inside the 15.

Woods even had trouble with it when he pushed it to the sideline. Its like Woods had to track it and the last second he had to rush to run under it and his momentum pushed him out of bounds

Woodman
09-20-2022, 10:38 AM
His punts are hard to field ..... i'm loving that.

Hang time baby!!

DraftBoy
09-20-2022, 11:24 AM
Martin developed an odd english that he can put on the ball while he was at App State. No idea how he learned it but the ball almost knuckles at the arc point and then darts down like a rocket but not just straight down almost at a random angle.

I was on the field in Boone pre-game before they played UT-Chattanooga and I saw him warming up. I’ve never seen another punter kick the ball like that.

It was almost the weirdest thing I saw that night, but I was in Boone…so you know…

Only other punter I ever saw even attempt some of the stuff Miller can do was Marquette King at Albany State. Not everyday you go to a game and immediately see how the punter is the best athlete on the team. Also HIGHLY recommend the Fountain City Classic if you get a chance. That was one hell of a show at halftime.

Cali512
09-20-2022, 11:31 AM
Martin developed an odd english that he can put on the ball while he was at App State. No idea how he learned it but the ball almost knuckles at the arc point and then darts down like a rocket but not just straight down almost at a random angle.

I was on the field in Boone pre-game before they played UT-Chattanooga and I saw him warming up. I’ve never seen another punter kick the ball like that.

It was almost the weirdest thing I saw that night, but I was in Boone…so you know…

Only other punter I ever saw even attempt some of the stuff Miller can do was Marquette King at Albany State. Not everyday you go to a game and immediately see how the punter is the best athlete on the team. Also HIGHLY recommend the Fountain City Classic if you get a chance. That was one hell of a show at halftime.

Thats what im seeing to. Its like a knuckleball kick. Yet it gets the distance , hangtime, and accuracy it needs to

DraftBoy
09-20-2022, 11:32 AM
Thats what im seeing to. Its like a knuckleball kick. Yet it gets the distance , hangtime, and accuracy it needs to

He’s got a huge leg and he can really do anything he wants with a punt. It’s a bit ridiculous.

Woodman
09-20-2022, 11:51 AM
So far very pleased with the results.

When we need him hopefully he continues his magic! :trance:

sukie
09-20-2022, 12:03 PM
I don’t wanna see this guy kick for at least 3 games

imbondz
09-20-2022, 12:15 PM
I thought the wind took the ball at the last second before the Titans miffed it.

Woodman
09-20-2022, 12:15 PM

Vegas probably has odds on exactly that.

Cali512
09-20-2022, 12:20 PM
I thought the wind took the ball at the last second before the Titans miffed it.

It wasnt windy, it's literally how he kicks, it curves then drops. I watched it in denver, its a unique skill he has

Woodman
09-20-2022, 02:26 PM
It wasnt windy, it's literally how he kicks, it curves then drops. I watched it in denver, its a unique skill he has
Whatever helps us win i'm all for it.

Woodman
09-20-2022, 02:27 PM
We have 15 regular season games to go.

I'm going for 5 str8 without a punt. :cheers: