PDA

View Full Version : Reality check vs the dolphins

Cali512
09-22-2022, 08:41 AM
I feel the board is really confident, and in a way so am i

BUT

We have 2 rookies starting, a 6th round pick and a first round pick who virtually got beat out by the 6th round pick. We also more than likely will have a backup safety in and our best interior lineman out along with ed oliver.

Can we please show some respect to the dolphins last week and understand that this is arguably the worst matchup tor us at this point in the season?

We keep talking about the baltimore DBs and how their young guys got exposed, well look at us right now

I have all the faith in our offense, but lets be real. This is an awful matchup with our injuries

Woodman
09-22-2022, 08:46 AM
I feel the board is really confident, and in a way so am i

BUT

We have 2 rookies starting, a 6th round pick and a first round pick who virtually got beat out by the 6th round pick. We also more than likely will have a backup safety in and our best interior lineman out along with ed oliver.

Can we please show some respect to the dolphins last week and understand that this is arguably the worst matchup tor us at this point in the season?

We keep talking about the baltimore DBs and how their young guys got exposed, well look at us right now

I have all the faith in our offense, but lets be real. This is an awful matchup with our injuries

Injuries can determine a lot .... they have injuries as well.

Just really glad we have some decent depth.

Maybe we need to activate and give an opportunity to a PS player or two.

We'll be ready and we'll have a plan.

Keep Josh clean and the rest of it will take care of itself JMO.

Joe Fo Sho
09-22-2022, 08:49 AM
Can we please show some respect to the dolphins

No.

Bills by 20.

Mace
09-22-2022, 09:22 AM
I'm concerned about the defense with the injuries. McFrazier has not proven particularly creative or adaptive, however I'm not concerned with Tua Tagovailoa going mano a mano with Josh Allen in a shootout at this point, Hill/Waddle or no Hill/Waddle. We have some guys who can catch.

Division game, conference game, against an apparent up and comer. Important. Another measure, another test.

I expected the Bills to start this season sluggish, a little disjointed. No sign of that whatever, they came out with a roar. Eyes on the prize.

I don't care about blowouts. Just win this game. We'll see.

Goobylal
09-22-2022, 09:22 AM
Josh will tear their defense apart. You saw what Lamar did to them. And the Bills have a better defense, even with the rookies.

Woodman
09-22-2022, 09:25 AM
Josh will tear their defense apart. You saw what Lamar did to them. And the Bills have a better defense, even with the rookies.
I think you got something there .... Josh just loves playing against them. :squish:

Keep Josh clean and the rest of it will take care of itself :gobills:

Mr. Pink
09-22-2022, 09:27 AM
I have confidence we will outscore them but if the offense has a bad day we're in for a rough time.

I see a 34-30 type of game coming

Woodman
09-22-2022, 09:29 AM
I'm concerned about the defense with the injuries. McFrazier has not proven particularly creative or adaptive, however I'm not concerned with Tua Tagovailoa going mano a mano with Josh Allen in a shootout at this point, Hill/Waddle or no Hill/Waddle. We have some guys who can catch.

Division game, conference game, against an apparent up and comer. Important. Another measure, another test.

I expected the Bills to start this season sluggish, a little disjointed. No sign of that whatever, they came out with a roar. Eyes on the prize.

I don't care about blowouts. Just win this game. We'll see.

Just win baby!

1-0 is the only goal. :cheers: :gobills:

Enjoy this ride with Josh and Co.

Lots of victories to celebrate ...... that's our job now :biggrin:

Woodman
09-22-2022, 09:31 AM
I have confidence we will outscore them but if the offense has a bad day we're in for a rough time.

I see a 34-30 type of game coming

I don't know what the score will be .... having said that I just can't picture Tua Longtongueviola laying 30 on us.

:squish: :squish: :squish:

mightysimi
09-22-2022, 09:33 AM
Even with backups I feel we can play a shell fine. I don't know they can go 10-12 plays 4 or 5 times to keep up. I am worried about Hill and Waddle with all that speed though.

Woodman
09-22-2022, 09:40 AM
Even with backups I feel we can play a shell fine. I don't know they can go 10-12 plays 4 or 5 times to keep up. I am worried about Hill and Waddle with all that speed though.
We gotta chase, pressure, sack and strip the ball from Tua.

Never allow him to breath.

3 turnovers should be enough :biggrin:

Travel between the 20's won't hurt. ...... force at worst fg attempts.

The Ravens played the worst defense i've seen in years to blow the 21 point lead .... our offense won't allow that and neither will our defense JMO :biggrin:

Goobylal
09-22-2022, 09:59 AM
I think you got something there .... Josh just loves playing against them. :squish:

Keep Josh clean and the rest of it will take care of itself :gobills:

He does. He's averaged almost 36 PPG against them in his last 7 games (all wins).

YardRat
09-22-2022, 11:29 AM
I think the offense is going to have to put up a forty-burger again, and this is the d-line's game to win. Get pressure, and get hands in the air.

Mace
09-22-2022, 11:55 AM
I think the offense is going to have to put up a forty-burger again, and this is the d-line's game to win. Get pressure, and get hands in the air.

And don't just let Hill run around again like he's a generic receiver on a play chart. Smack him off the line once in a while, watch for the TE to screen him and don't fall for it otherwise. Kelce helped him a lot against us. He doesn't have Kelce next to him. Just don't let him run around in wide open zones.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
09-22-2022, 02:57 PM
Maybe a few LB blitzes to keep Tua rattled and take pressure off the green peas.

Buffalogic
09-22-2022, 11:20 PM
Dolphins looked like crap except for one quarter when their opponent was inexplicably blowing coverages left and right. Bills are going to win by 20 again.

Goobylal
09-22-2022, 11:25 PM
Dolphins looked like crap except for one quarter when their opponent was inexplicably blowing coverages left and right. Bills are going to win by 20 again.

And their offense refused to score.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-23-2022, 12:36 AM
The 2nd Dolphins game last year is the best Tua played against the Bills thus far. That game was close until the 4th quarter. Highlights included here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xmB74NFIik

I'll say personnel wise, the Dolphins improved OL, WR. McDaniel took a very different approach, privately and publicly praised Tua every chance he gets to help his confidence. And that strategy seemed to have worked (Flores was the exact opposite) so far. That Ravens game is a big warning to everyone how much they have gone better on offense. You just don't do that regardless the opponent (without major injuries or changes).

ghz in pittsburgh
09-23-2022, 12:46 AM
Tua's strength is those 10 - 20 yard passes with accuracy. I have expected to see some short passes to Hill and Waddle and they run 30, 50 yards afterwards. I think the Ravens played that way as well, successfully for 3 quarters. But in the 4th quarter, when the D-line gets tired (we see that last year Bills D-Line against the Chiefs), Tue suddenly had time to throw deep. What I'm afraid is that teams are now going to put at least one safety way deep, leaving a lot of room in the middle for Hill and Waddle, which also played into Tua's strength.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-23-2022, 01:09 AM
Offensively, I think Josh had success against the Dolphins because they play the style of defense of blitz and man coverage. With Josh's arm and mobility, he never had trouble with man coverage once his accuracy was in place with Palmer's help. He led the Bills scoring 17 (loss), 42, 31, 37, 31, 56 (didn't play much, still started), 35, 26 points in his career against the Phins.

This game though, I hope Josh is NOT trying to do too much - in the presser, he acknowledged that the defense has injuries and "we have to play compliment football". You know what he means! By the way, he kept coughing in the presser, hope he is not sick.

Historian
09-23-2022, 01:11 AM
33-20 Bills.

Most fish points will be in garbage time when we're in prevent.

OpIv37
09-23-2022, 01:54 AM
It's going to be a reality check for someone.

The Dolphins have looked good, especially with that big comeback on the road against a good Ravens team. Everyone expected the Bills to be good, but I don't think anyone expected them to have two dominant blowouts to start the season. Someone will be coming back down to earth.

Honestly, with all the injuries on D, I think we are going to need to be perfect on O to win. And we really need the pass rush to be good. Hill and Waddle are going to beat our banged up secondary- that's a given. What isn't a given is Tua being able to get them the ball. We really need to make him uncomfortable back there.

Kaziganth
09-23-2022, 02:43 AM
Another factor is that it's an away game for the Bills, and we also had a short week whereas it's a home game and a normal/longer week for the Phins.

That's going to make things a little tougher for the Bills, but I think they can still win as long as the random stuff (that happens in every game) doesn't bite them too hard, and Josh Allen is playing at the top of his game again.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-23-2022, 04:14 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Coach McDermott has ruled Micah Hyde and Jordan Phillips OUT for Sunday’s game in Miami. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BUFvsMIA?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BUFvsMIA</a> <a href="https://t.co/JkQslMKtbt">pic.twitter.com/JkQslMKtbt</a></p>&mdash; Buffalo Bills (@BuffaloBills) <a href="https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1573329285875929088?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 23, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

- - - Updated - - -

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">CB Dane Jackson has also been ruled out for Sunday&#39;s game in Miami. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/BUFvsMIA?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#BUFvsMIA</a> <a href="https://t.co/oCcLL6lpWB">pic.twitter.com/oCcLL6lpWB</a></p>&mdash; Buffalo Bills (@BuffaloBills) <a href="https://twitter.com/BuffaloBills/status/1573330709783187458?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 23, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Turf
09-23-2022, 04:19 AM
The way to beat Tua is to take away his passing lanes. Arms up in the air and constant pressure with collapsing pocket. He admitted he's short and he can't see the whole field. Force him to throw into certain areas and bat down balls at the LOS.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-23-2022, 04:19 AM
Hyde is a big one. He's most instinctive one in our secondary and has great hands. Almost always recognize where the passing play to be right after the post snap.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-23-2022, 04:22 AM
On the positive side, we finally get to see what Jaquan Johnson is like back there. He's going to replace one of Hyde and Poyer next year.

notacon
09-23-2022, 04:40 AM
The only “reality check” is going to be for the Dolphins.

They have everything to prove and are simply not equipped to beat the Bills. They come back to earth after their improbable 4th Q. comeback from the result of a Baltimore melt down. The Bills are NOT the Ravens.

Yes, we have defensive injuries in the secondary. So what? Defense is a TEAM event, and the defensive TEAM remains extremely strong. Biggest loss is Micah Hyde, and there is no reason to believe that Jaquan Johnson will not be able to fill in and hold his own.

The pressure is on the two young CB’s, but they have been playing quite well. The D-line is solid as can be. Phillips is going to missed, but not that much since the strength in the Bills D-line is the depth and eight different players that are extremely capable and compliment each other. And as we saw last week (after Oliver and Settle missed the game) C.J. Brewer and Brandin Bryant provide little drop off.

Milano and Edmunds have been playing excellent, and are part and parcel of the pass defensive scheme that is working just as expected.

The Bills are the best defensive team in the NFL preventing the long ball, and I believe that there will be little fall all (although there is will be some) against the Fins.

This might turn out to be a shootout game....but that STILL heavily favors the Bills. Josh Allen OWNS the Fins. And with Davis coming back and the Dolphins not being able to stop the pass this year....there will be no repeat of a big 4th Q. comeback.

The only change (because of Dane Jackson and Hyde injuries) is that the game may be a little bit closer.

Will anyone (in the whole NFL world) be surprised if the Bills win by two or three scores??? I think not.

Mike13
09-23-2022, 04:43 AM
No.

Bills by 20.

LOL I love it, not because I think you're wrong but because I love how honest and blunt that reply is.

Well, You say that buuuuuuuuuuuut the film suggests otherwise

https://twitter.com/DraftVogel/status/1571967025727307777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1571967025727307777%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

OpIv37
09-23-2022, 04:48 AM
The only “reality check” is going to be for the Dolphins.

They have everything to prove and are simply not equipped to beat the Bills. They come back to earth after their improbable 4th Q. comeback from the result of a Baltimore melt down. The Bills are NOT the Ravens.

Yes, we have defensive injuries in the secondary. So what? Defense is a TEAM event, and the defensive TEAM remains extremely strong. Biggest loss is Micah Hyde, and there is no reason to believe that Jaquan Johnson will not be able to fill in and hold his own.

The pressure is on the two young CB’s, but they have been playing quite well. The D-line is solid as can be. Phillips is going to missed, but not that much since the strength in the Bills D-line is the depth and eight different players that are extremely capable and compliment each other. And as we saw last week (after Oliver and Settle missed the game) C.J. Brewer and Brandin Bryant provide little drop off.

Milano and Edmunds have been playing excellent, and are part and parcel of the pass defensive scheme that is working just as expected.

The Bills are the best defensive team in the NFL preventing the long ball, and I believe that there will be little fall all (although there is will be some) against the Fins.

This might turn out to be a shootout game....but that STILL heavily favors the Bills. Josh Allen OWNS the Fins. And with Davis coming back and the Dolphins not being able to stop the pass this year....there will be no repeat of a big 4th Q. comeback.

The only change (because of Dane Jackson and Hyde injuries) is that the game may be a little bit closer.

Will anyone (in the whole NFL world) be surprised if the Bills win by two or three scores??? I think not.

Um, what? We're asking a rookie in his 3rd game to take over for one of the best safeties in the league.

Night Train
09-23-2022, 04:50 AM
Reality check for who ? A few posters who believe the season is a disaster if the Bills don't enter the playoffs undefeated ?

We'll lose games. I remember 7-6 after 13 games last year only too well, before they kicked it in and won their last 4.

Long injury report is a concern. Might have to outscore them but Baltimore looked so pathetically bad on D when viewing those 2nd half highlights. The was a Ravens collapse.

Miami is no juggernaut and they have issues on D themselves.

notacon
09-23-2022, 05:15 AM
Um, what? We're asking a rookie in his 3rd game to take over for one of the best safeties in the league.

Jaquan Johnson is in his fourth YEAR, not his “3rd game”.

He was drafted in 2019 by the Bills (http://www.drafthistory.com/teams/bills.html).

ghz in pittsburgh
09-23-2022, 05:29 AM
Davis said 100% he is playing. He probably has family going to that game. But I don't know how effective he will be.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is one of Davis&#39; reps that got my attention <a href="https://t.co/fRl2XjYpYG">pic.twitter.com/fRl2XjYpYG</a></p>&mdash; Dan Fetes (@danfetes) <a href="https://twitter.com/danfetes/status/1573011044691496965?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 22, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

- - - Updated - - -

I also won't be surprised Ed Oliver is out again.

Woodman
09-23-2022, 06:27 AM
Josh to light em up and run em ragged :gobills:

Woodman
09-23-2022, 06:28 AM
Davis said 100% he is playing. He probably has family going to that game. But I don't know how effective he will be.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is one of Davis&#39; reps that got my attention <a href="https://t.co/fRl2XjYpYG">pic.twitter.com/fRl2XjYpYG</a></p>&mdash; Dan Fetes (@danfetes) <a href="https://twitter.com/danfetes/status/1573011044691496965?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 22, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

- - - Updated - - -

I also won't be surprised Ed Oliver is out again.

Heard he is ready to go!

OpIv37
09-23-2022, 07:17 AM
Jaquan Johnson is in his fourth YEAR, not his “3rd game”.

He was drafted in 2019 by the Bills (http://www.drafthistory.com/teams/bills.html).

oops my bad

ghz in pittsburgh
09-23-2022, 07:20 AM
I think and hope McKenzie may break out this game. Fins go man, and Byron Jones on IR, he should feast.

Like Kazie posted earlier, Josh needs to be on very top of his game this Sunday. Like Brady, Rodgers, and Mahomes have done time and time again when you think their defenses are terrible and the opposing teams should have enough to beat them. Well those guys show why they are the superstars and MVPs carrying the team to victories (how many times we are on the other side during Brady's run in AFC East?).

Now to Josh though, it does not mean he needs to have a mindset to come out throw 60 times and every pass turns into a TD pass. Making the right decisions, including handing off when he needs to instead of running every play by himself, he can do it. The Rams version of Josh should be good enough.

ghz in pittsburgh
09-23-2022, 07:53 AM
Oliver is out as well.
https://www.buffalobills.com/team/injury-report/

cookie G
09-23-2022, 10:17 AM
Well, we are missing 3/4 of our starting defensive backfield (counting Tre) and both of our best interior pass rushers, but we do have this going for us:

<iframe width="650" height="366" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Fb4Di9rH5Q0" title="The Bills are (literally) changing how defense is played." frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

(Its really a good video).

Mind games against Tua. I like it our chances.

TheConsigliere
09-23-2022, 10:37 AM
The Family is NOT officially saying Miami Dolphin fans are stupid however it was observed just this afternoon that a Dolphins fan dressed in the teal could not operate the self-check out at The Dollar Store (true story).

imbondz
09-23-2022, 12:17 PM
Miami might actually fill a stadium this week.

Cntrygal
09-23-2022, 12:46 PM
I'm really surprised that the media isn't talking more about the injuries and using that as an excuse to pick the Dolphins to win. Most of them that I've seen so far are still standing strong that the Bills are going to win.

imbondz
09-23-2022, 12:49 PM
I’ll be shocked if we lose.

Cali512
09-23-2022, 12:50 PM
Okay guys, we need to quit with the bs that the ravens couldnt cover and about them getting behind the way they did. Lamar is a beast and tua was making incredible passes in tight windows the whole first half. The second half hill and waddle got wide open but its not tuas fault, tua was incredible that whole game

We need to be worried about this game and if we win, we should be ecstatic because that offense playing that way only is behind buffalo and kc. Tua looked incredible, we have got to take them seriously

Weve outscored our opponents 45-0 in the second half, miami has outscored their opponents 35-13 in the second half

In the first half weve outscored our opponents 27-17 in the first half. We have got to get going fast and not let them make it a shootout in terms of, we cant let them get over the top.

Cali512
09-23-2022, 12:57 PM
I’ll be shocked if we lose.

how. we have 2 rookies, no interior, and hyde and poyer are likely out vs hill and waddle

aside from kc, this could be our toughest matchup. we have injuries in the absolute worst areas

YardRat
09-23-2022, 01:12 PM
I'm really surprised that the media isn't talking more about the injuries and using that as an excuse to pick the Dolphins to win. Most of them that I've seen so far are still standing strong that the Bills are going to win.

Most of them probably don't really follow the team that closely and are unaware of the injury situation.

Buffalogic
09-23-2022, 01:56 PM
LOL I love it, not because I think you're wrong but because I love how honest and blunt that reply is.

Well, You say that buuuuuuuuuuuut the film suggests otherwise

https://twitter.com/DraftVogel/status/1571967025727307777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1571967025727307777%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=

The film suggests you scored one td against the hapless patriots and were down 21 to the ravens. Baltimore blew the game, we both know that. Says more about them than it does about the dolphins.

I'm hoping the dolphins are good enough to bounce some real contenders out of the playoffs, but they will never be a threat with tua.

They'd be a real problem if they had Herbert though.

Buffalogic
09-23-2022, 01:59 PM
Okay guys, we need to quit with the bs that the ravens couldnt cover and about them getting behind the way they did. Lamar is a beast and tua was making incredible passes in tight windows the whole first half. The second half hill and waddle got wide open but its not tuas fault, tua was incredible that whole game

We need to be worried about this game and if we win, we should be ecstatic because that offense playing that way only is behind buffalo and kc. Tua looked incredible, we have got to take them seriously

Weve outscored our opponents 45-0 in the second half, miami has outscored their opponents 35-13 in the second half

In the first half weve outscored our opponents 27-17 in the first half. We have got to get going fast and not let them make it a shootout in terms of, we cant let them get over the top.

Lol

notacon
09-24-2022, 04:38 AM
Gee...our resident self-professed BIG FOOTBALL BRAIN is promoting the bullcrap that it’s "bs that the ravens (sic) couldnt (sic) cover...” And in the next sentence say that "second half hill (sic) and waddle (sic) got wide open” but it’s "bs that the ravens (sic) couldnt (sic) cover...”?!?!?!!?

Jesus.....make up your not so expert football mind. :rofl:

The reality is that Tua had a good 4th Q.....because the Raven's **** the bed and could not cover anyone.....their secondary looked like the Keystone Cops.....as they looked at each other searching for why they ****ed up so bad.

The Bills play zone pass defense. According to Joe B. (https://theathletic.com/3624131/2022/09/24/5-bills-thoughts-dolphins/), the Bills “have only played in man coverage on seven of 119 defensive snaps this season”. And Milano and Edmunds are very much a critical part of that zone pass defense and have been paying extremely well.

Coupled with the lack of needing to blitz to get pressure on the QB, the least use of blitzes in the NFL (hat tip to Night Train (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php/261183-So-Far-The-Bills-D-Blitzes-The-Least-In-The-NFL)) the team with the pressure to prove themselves is MIAMI, not the Bills.

Yes, it is more challenging with so many injuries.....but the depth and stellar defensive schemes and solid TEAM play, is why the Bills are considered the Super Bowl favorite....along with an extremely dynamic offense led by the Dolphin killer Josh Allen.

The Fin’s are missing one of their starting CB’s (Byron Jones) and their best defensive player, CB Xavien Howard, was limited at practice due to a groin injury.

Even at full strength, the Fins’ defense is no match for the Bills.

The best Miami could hope for is a shoot out....and they will lose that almost every time with Allen at the helm

Typ0
09-24-2022, 10:08 AM

To a certain extent nobody is going to always be able to cover the fastest guy on the planet OK. Still, in a shootout I really like our chances.

Goobylal
09-24-2022, 11:25 AM
Miami might actually fill a stadium this week.

Yeah, with Bills fans. :lol:

notacon
09-25-2022, 04:13 AM
Yeah, with Bills fans. :lol:
On this mornings NFL Gameday Live, they had some video of some the Bills fans there.

HOLY CRAP.....there wee thousands!!!! LOTS of Blue Bills jerseys. It’s going to be an amazing vibe in the ****hole state of FL today....Bills Mafia is going to show their strength!!!