PDA

View Full Version : Tua was concussed & the NFLPA knows it…

Skooby
09-25-2022, 09:31 AM
The officials had it in for us today, so you’d figure he’d be back:

NFLPA has told the NFL that it wants to initiate a review of the concussion protocols in light of Tua Tagovailoa’s return to today’s game in Miami, per source.

ckg927
09-25-2022, 09:32 AM
Tom Pelissero of the NFL Network just reported that the NFLPA is starting an investigation into the handling of Tua Tagovailoa's concussion check during the Bills/Miami game, per a source. He further explains that under the 2020 CBA, the NFLPA, the league's Management Council or any player has the right to bring forward a complaint on an alleged failure to follow concussion protocol which will be investigated and resolved by the union and the management council.

(Add-on: I noticed that Skooby put forth the same post a minute before I did. Mods: If you want to merge the threads together and make it one, I have no objection to it.)

Novacane
09-25-2022, 09:34 AM
WGR just reported there will be an investigation. It sure looked fishy.

ckg927
09-25-2022, 09:36 AM
WGR just reported there will be an investigation. It sure looked fishy.

Tom Pelissero of NFL Network is reporting the same.

It's not just fishy for the obvious reasons, it's also because he did NOT look right at all. This is a matter of Tua's health we're talking about here. I don't care that he's Miami's QB; you do NOT want to see someone from an opposing team wandering around and looking lost on the field.

Novacane
09-25-2022, 09:37 AM
The Dolphins reported at half that it was a back injury? That's what they are saying on the radio. If that's true there was definitely bull ****.

Mace
09-25-2022, 09:41 AM
Agree the players health is the main concern.

Kind of says something about Tagovailoa too though if they won with him anyway.

Novacane
09-25-2022, 09:43 AM
Agree the players health is the main concern.

Kind of says something about Tagovailoa too though if they won with him anyway.

He made one play in the 2nd half.

imbondz
09-25-2022, 09:44 AM
I gained some respect for TUA today. Played after barely being able to stand up.

Cntrygal
09-25-2022, 09:49 AM
The Dolphins reported at half that it was a back injury? That's what they are saying on the radio. If that's true there was definitely bull ****.

Yep. That's what they put out on twitter.

Woodman
09-25-2022, 09:50 AM
He should never have seen the field after the head injury plain and simple.

Novacane
09-25-2022, 09:51 AM
Yep. That's what they put out on twitter.

Then the NFL concussion protocol is a joke.

Novacane
09-25-2022, 09:52 AM
He should never have seen the field after the head injury plain and simple.

Get with the program. It was a "back" injury.

sukie
09-25-2022, 09:54 AM
Tua didn’t win the game

Cntrygal
09-25-2022, 09:54 AM
Then the NFL concussion protocol is a joke.

But, but.... they wear those helmet protectors in training camp/practice!

Woodman
09-25-2022, 09:56 AM
Get with the program. It was a "back" injury.

:shoothead:
Oh yeah!

Mace
09-25-2022, 09:57 AM

He didn't start firing concussed interceptions everywhere though either with fumbles galore while pissing himself and crawling around between plays.

YardRat
09-25-2022, 10:00 AM
He looked ok in the second half. Kind of surprised, I didn't expect him to be back.

jamze132
09-25-2022, 10:04 AM

Because we decided to drop 8 backups into coverage instead of blitzing Tua, which he showed he’s vulnerable too. I don’t know why Frazier didn’t blitz more.

Crisis
09-25-2022, 10:07 AM
He didn't start firing concussed interceptions everywhere though either with fumbles galore while pissing himself and crawling around between plays.

He did, Milano just didn't want to catch it.

Canadian'eh!
09-25-2022, 10:13 AM
He looked ok in the second half. Kind of surprised, I didn't expect him to be back.

Players played through concussions for years. There was a discussion on the Canadian feed after the game. The ex player said the tests are easy to fake and pass. But that from the video (which they review) alone there's no way he should have been allowed back in the game.

The issue isn't toughness. It's risk of further damage you can't see and long term health.

The NFL doesn't care about CTE. They only care about doing steps to avoid further lawsuits.

Canadian'eh!
09-25-2022, 10:14 AM
I gained some respect for TUA today. Played after barely being able to stand up.

Wrong attitude about head injuries. These guys will play through, the NFL is supposed to be protecting them from themselves

Mace
09-25-2022, 11:04 AM
Because we decided to drop 8 backups into coverage instead of blitzing Tua, which he showed he’s vulnerable too. I don’t know why Frazier didn’t blitz more.

Don't exclusively blame Frazier. Both he and McDermott were known for not blitzing and being conservative. "Well, what do you think Sean ?"......."Drop 8 backups into coverage." The McFrazier comfort zone is passive.

Mike13
09-25-2022, 12:22 PM
He seemed coherent in his post game presser. But yeah initially it looked like a head injury.

Tua didn’t win the game
That 45 yarder on 3rd and forever certainly put us in position to win.