PDA

View Full Version : NFL and NFLPA Need to address Stadium sideline rules

Turf
09-26-2022, 08:23 AM
Each team should be allowed to choose fans/mist or heated benches even if the other team chooses not to. Miami had a marked advantage by being in the shade and because they strategically didn't use fans we couldn't them either. This was done on purpose. This is a player safety issue. Players were heavily dehydrated, puking, and getting ill. The players should be allowed some type of comfort for the sake of their health and the quality of the product on the field. What happened yesterday is almost a human rights violation and easily remedied.

TacklingDummy
09-26-2022, 08:43 AM
They pretend to care about player safety. If they cared they wouldn't have let Tua back in.

Forward_Lateral
09-26-2022, 08:47 AM
I wasn't aware about that rule. That is absolutely atrocious.

kgun12
09-26-2022, 09:18 AM
I don’t disagree with this but I don’t understand how the Bills could be so unprepared for the heat. This isn’t the first time they’ve played in Miami and it’s only 4 weeks from training camp. The training staff and the players own some of this!

Mike13
09-26-2022, 09:58 AM
That didn't seem to bother you guys the last few times you beat us at home.

Quit whining about how hot it was. Its South Florida

swiper
09-26-2022, 10:34 AM
Or.... the morons at the NFL should have anticipated this when they made the schedule and made this a night game. THAT is what should have happened.

notacon
09-27-2022, 06:42 AM
Each team should be allowed to choose fans/mist or heated benches even if the other team chooses not to. Miami had a marked advantage by being in the shade and because they strategically didn't use fans we couldn't them either. This was done on purpose. This is a player safety issue. Players were heavily dehydrated, puking, and getting ill. The players should be allowed some type of comfort for the sake of their health and the quality of the product on the field. What happened yesterday is almost a human rights violation and easily remedied.

I was not aware of this rule either.

It’s very dangerous.

Forward_Lateral
09-27-2022, 06:47 AM

Didn't know this was even a rule. It shouldn't be. Teams should be able to have fans, regardless of what the other team does. Same with in Buffalo. If teams want to have heaters, let them have whatever. Makes no sense.

Goobylal
09-27-2022, 07:09 AM

The point is that **** is dangerous. It's bad enough that the stadium was constructed so that at 1 PM the sun is directly on the visitor's sideline while the Dols are in the shade, but not allowing visitors to use fans or cooling devices because Miami isn't is bull****. This is a player safety issue.

Typ0
09-27-2022, 08:54 AM
There are no player safety issues. They don't give a **** about the players. They signed a contract that said they would play under those working conditions. It is what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

I don’t disagree with this but I don’t understand how the Bills could be so unprepared for the heat. This isn’t the first time they’ve played in Miami and it’s only 4 weeks from training camp. The training staff and the players own some of this!

That's all I am saying as well. The team was unprepared.

Goobylal
09-27-2022, 09:58 AM
There are no player safety issues. They don't give a **** about the players. They signed a contract that said they would play under those working conditions. It is what it is.

- - - Updated - - -

That's all I am saying as well. The team was unprepared.

No one can prepare for the heat and humidity and sun beating down on you in a couple weeks, much less the 5-1/2 days the Bills had. When I saw they had the Bills playing on MNF and then traveling to Miami, I said "F U NFL schedule makers." If they just had the typical full week, they win that game.

Typ0
09-27-2022, 11:06 AM
This team has been playing a different day and time every week. This is what they prepared for. They have zero rhythm there to disrupt. It's a little harder to heal. That is certain.

It's adversity. We didn't ring the bell. We didn't look prepared to me. OK, easy for me to say watching on TV with the slew of injuries we had. I definitely will give you that. But it's not that complicated. We failed to ring the bell.

I was a little disappointed in the end because I thought Allen played great and is an awesome QB. The guy is going to miss plays and he's not missing a lot of them. He has demonstrated some real growth to me this season thus far. There is going to be more to come he's really processing a lot more and slowing down and being a little more decisive at the same time. We were depleted in so many levels and he spread the ball around starting to look more masterful at dissecting a defense. He needs to keep up on the ginko biloba.

Mike13
09-28-2022, 02:39 PM
Didn't know this was even a rule. It shouldn't be. Teams should be able to have fans, regardless of what the other team does. Same with in Buffalo. If teams want to have heaters, let them have whatever. Makes no sense.

The point is that **** is dangerous. It's bad enough that the stadium was constructed so that at 1 PM the sun is directly on the visitor's sideline while the Dols are in the shade, but not allowing visitors to use fans or cooling devices because Miami isn't is bull****. This is a player safety issue.

You can see the fans and air conditioned benches that Buffalo brought on the sideline