PDA

View Full Version : the shockwaves from this could be bad...

Tatonka
09-03-2003, 08:07 AM
i am wondering how this will affect us if we dont get milloy..

you got to think that this would shake CW and PP.. just days before the season starts your coaches and gm goes hard after a replacement for you..

anyone else worried about this?

Mr. Miyagi
09-03-2003, 08:08 AM
I don't think so. If anything, it'll just drive Wire and Prioleau to player harder to showcase themselves.

Tatonka
09-03-2003, 08:10 AM
i dont think that wire can drive himself any harder..

don137
09-03-2003, 08:12 AM
I do think it will motivate them. In the NFL if you hold a grudge and don't perform you will be out of a job quickly. If they use it as a motivating tool like Henry did with McGahee then they will be fine.
I just commend TD giving it the ol' college try going after Milloy no matter the outcome.

justasportsfan
09-03-2003, 08:32 AM
These guys are pros. They can handle it. They will still need to step it up. Neither CW or PP has had any int's last year. They can't blame the coaches for looking out for the team. Not hat MIlloy had any int's ,ff last year.

IHateTheDullphins
09-03-2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
These guys are pros. They can handle it. They will still need to step it up. Neither CW or PP has had any int's last year. They can't blame the coaches for looking out for the team. Not hat MIlloy had any int's ,ff last year.

well said

Billsbabee
09-03-2003, 08:48 AM
If it's all about the almighty $$ and not about the caliber of team and potential of that team, like our Bills, let him go play in Washington with Blob Johnson :lol:

Ebenezer
09-03-2003, 08:59 AM
the shockwave is already struck...NE will never be the same...it's a plus right there.

RedEyE
09-03-2003, 09:29 AM
Milloy is Pro-Bowl material. PP and CW should just learn to respect that and move on.

WG
09-03-2003, 09:40 AM
That's exactly correct RE!!!

It isn't like we're doing this w/ Reese. It's Milloy, a proven probowler, perennial, and a S regarded as a top 3 S by most. That would be like asking if Fletcher would be upset if we had an opportunity to grab Ray Lewis.

No biggie. It should motivate them to play harder. Although, I just heard on ESPN that Milloy had no INTs, no sacks, and no of something else last year. I wonder if perhaps he hasn't slipped a tad. But not having really watched him and being at the mercy of the same media telling us how marvelous Adams is, I don't know!

:)

The Spaz
09-03-2003, 09:42 AM
He may nopt have had any sacks or forced bumbles or fumble recoveries but he is still better that Reese and Priouleau. I didn't mention wire becasue I wan tthem to be on the field at the same time.

The_Philster
09-03-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer
the shockwave is already struck...NE will never be the same...it's a plus right there.

That's the ticket right there. having Milloy OFF the Patriots roster is a plus for us. If the players on our roster can't handle dealing with the possibility of replacement, then they shouldn't be on the team in the first place.