PDA

View Full Version : "Lamar Jackson will prove to Josh Allen who is MVP"

YardRat
09-28-2022, 08:07 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NJIXekGil5I" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

mightysimi
09-28-2022, 08:25 AM
Completing less than 60% when not blitzed. I guess we will see.

YardRat
09-28-2022, 08:48 AM
I think Frazier has him pegged, I hope that's still the case. Time to bring him back down to earth again.

Mace
09-28-2022, 09:02 AM
I think Frazier has him pegged, I hope that's still the case. Time to bring him back down to earth again.

If we don't the season will. Just hope Allen doesn't get trucked. He's still ascending imho.

Albany,n.y.
09-28-2022, 09:16 AM
As long as Josh wins Super Bowl MVP, I don't care if Lamar wins regular season MVP.

Kenny
09-28-2022, 11:57 AM
It's easier to say that when we're playing our starters.

TigerJ
09-28-2022, 01:29 PM
There is a chance that Poyer Oliver and Jackson will be back. That will help a great deal.

Novacane
09-29-2022, 03:29 AM
That jerk has hated Josh since the draft. Who gives a **** what he thinks.

OpIv37
09-29-2022, 03:58 AM
Jackson is one hell of an athlete. I'll give him that. His passing has been good this year, but it has been hit or miss over his career. It's going to take more than 3 games to convince me that he can be a consistently good passer, especially since one of those games was against the Fish, who are 31st in pass D in the league (FWIW, Baltimore is dead last).

I do think there's one huge similarity between Allen and Jackson: Both teams rely way too much on them and it'll probably shorten their careers.

mightysimi
09-29-2022, 04:16 AM
Jackson is one hell of an athlete. I'll give him that. His passing has been good this year, but it has been hit or miss over his career. It's going to take more than 3 games to convince me that he can be a consistently good passer, especially since one of those games was against the Fish, who are 31st in pass D in the league (FWIW, Baltimore is dead last).

I do think there's one huge similarity between Allen and Jackson: Both teams rely way too much on them and it'll probably shorten their careers.
Spot on. We both rely on the QB too much. Heard it this morning, Allen is responsible for 83% of all the Bills yards. Jackson is at 86%.

notacon
09-29-2022, 05:27 AM
Both Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen are unicorn talents.

If the argument is about who is more likely to win MVP (or worse yet, Lamar’s contract)....I say....who cares??? If Lamar wins MVP this year, but Josh Allen is holding the Vince Lombardi trophy on Feb 12, 2023....I’d much rather have the Lombardi. And I suspect both Lamar and Josh would prefer.

A very interesting ESPN article yesterday ranking the “best QB combos in NFL draft history (https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/insider/story/_/id/34671403/ranking-best-qb-combos-nfl-draft-history-josh-allen-lamar-jackson-2018-class-make-list)".....had Allen and Jackson #3.....

No. 1: John Elway and Dan Marino, 1983

No. 2: Ben Roethlisberger and Eli Manning, 2004

No. 3: Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson, 2018

Ranking Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson this high requires faith in their ability to produce in the postseason, but there's no denying the two have already emerged as elite players in their young careers. Jackson has won an MVP award and led the NFL in passing touchdowns (36 in 2019) while also torching defenses as a runner. He has twice rushed for more than 1,000 yards in a season. And Allen has seemingly gotten better and better. He's currently the favorite to win MVP this season. He has accounted for 145 total touchdowns, and his completion percentage has jumped from 52.8% as a rookie to 71.2% this season.

If how this duo has changed the game with their downfield throwing and running ability is any indication of where they're headed, then both look like future Hall of Famers and multiple MVP winners. Ranking them ahead of proven winners like Joe Montana, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees might ruffle some feathers, but it's that potential that puts them this high on the list. -- Miller

Allen's path: After receiving no offers from Division I programs, and then going from starting at a junior college -- Reedley College -- for one year to Wyoming, there were major concerns about Allen's ability to be a starting quarterback in the NFL. Part of the skepticism was because of his lack of accuracy (he completed 56.2% of his passes in three years at Wyoming). Despite that, a series of trades were required for the Bills to move up to select Allen seventh overall, including a draft-day trade with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/tb/tampa-bay-buccaneers) to move up from No. 12. Allen has since set countless Bills records, greatly improved his accuracy and signed a six-year extension through 2028. -- Alaina Getzenberg

Jackson's path: The Ravens traded down twice in the first round to get tight end Hayden Hurst (https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3924365/hayden-hurst), then made the bold move to trade back into the first round to get the free-falling Jackson, sending three picks (two second-round selections and a fourth-rounder) to the Eagles to acquire the No. 32 overall pick. But Jackson's path to Baltimore started two weeks before the draft. Ravens coach John Harbaugh stood up in a pre-draft meeting and said the team could build an offense around Jackson to fit his dual-threat talent. -- Jamison Hensley

No. 4: Phil Simms and Joe Montana, 1979

No. 5: Patrick Mahomes (https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3139477/patrick-mahomes) and Deshaun Watson (https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3122840/deshaun-watson), 2017

No. 6: Michael Vick and Drew Brees, 2001

No. 7: Peyton Manning and Matt Hasselbeck, 1998

No. 8: Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers (https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/8439/aaron-rodgers), 2005

No. 9: Russell Wilson and Kirk Cousins (https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/14880/kirk-cousins), 2012

No. 10: Joe Burrow (https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3915511/joe-burrow) and Justin Herbert (https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/4038941/justin-herbert), 2020

Ingtar33
09-29-2022, 06:52 AM

pretty sure we bottled him up rather well playing 3 deep against him the last two times.

notacon
09-29-2022, 07:10 AM
pretty sure we bottled him up rather well playing 3 deep against him the last two times.
It’s been a long time since those two games. And the 2019 game, the Bills lost.

There is every indiction that Jackson is an improved QB. He is always a running threat, but what’s different now is he is growing into a lethal passer as well. He is much less likely to make the mistake he made against the Bills in the 2020 playoff game

The matchup that favors the Bills is the Baltimore defense has sucked so far this year. They have been allowing massive numbers of yards. Ranked #32 in total yards allowed....#32 in passing yards allowed....#13 in rushing yards allowed (but the Bills are not a rushing team).....#25 in points allowed.

If this game turns into a high scoring offensive game, it strongly favors the Bills.

But, yes, your and YardRat’s observations are spot on.....the Bills are more likely to slow down Lamar and the Raven’s offense than most teams, and Frazier seems to have his number.

Forward_Lateral
09-29-2022, 07:38 AM
I agree that both are relied upon way too much by their teams, and are taking way too many hits.

Goobylal
09-29-2022, 09:41 AM
I'll take Josh everyday of the week and twice on Sundays.

swiper
09-29-2022, 10:41 AM
WHO are the clowns in that video?

Mad Max
09-29-2022, 01:24 PM
This dudes favorite shtick is to hate on Josh/Bills.

That’s all it is…shtick

Kenny
09-29-2022, 02:56 PM
We didnt play 3 deep against him in the playoffs. Weather was a huge factor, but we dared him to throw and he couldnt. We stacked the front and was disciplined, which 100% eliminated his running threat.

With no Tre, Hyde, an injured Jackson, an injured Poyer?, etc... Lamar should be able to throw. I'm actually pretty concerned about our defense this season. Time will tell if the DL takes over, but the tone of our defense for as long as I can remember McD and Fraizer running it was based on our secondary.

Woodman
09-29-2022, 03:34 PM
There is a chance that Poyer Oliver and Jackson will be back. That will help a great deal.
The key is Morse.

TigerJ
09-30-2022, 04:31 PM
The key is Morse.Morse doesn't do a thing for the defense. I agree he is a key part of the offense.

Goobylal
10-01-2022, 02:21 AM
Morse doesn't do a thing for the defense. I agree he is a key part of the offense.

True but it was the offense that let the Bills down. Sure they gained a ton of yardage, but very little in the way of points.

Woodman
10-01-2022, 02:37 AM
Morse doesn't do a thing for the defense. I agree he is a key part of the offense.
Slightly disagree ..... his success or failure does affect the defense.
If our 1st string center doesn't go it changes circumstances.
We don't score as many points.
We don't place more pressure on the oppositions offense.
We give them an opportunity to stay in the game longer.
I'd argue it's a team game and everybody affects the bottom line.
Our replacement at center was a failure.

Imagine Jim Kelly without Kent Hull calling all of the line blocking assignments.
I'd argue the no huddle would not have been as effective.
We put a lot of games out of reach with that no huddle.
Points points points they have a way of dictating what your opponent needs to do to hang with you.

Look at any Championship team, you can bet they had a very good center.
We need to draft as a priority that position.
I wish we had drafted Morse's replacement last year, he's getting close to the end JMO.

Kenny
10-01-2022, 03:14 AM
What worries me about Lamar is whether our secondary is disciplined enough.

I'll admit I havent watched too much of him this season, but assuming he's like he was in past seasons, he's not a pocket passer. He loves to run around and scramble, causing confusion in the secondary. When defenses start breaking down because they're worried he's going to take off, that's when he gets those easy throws.

It's obvious this is all he does, because he's not great in the playoffs (typically when he has to play the better/more disciplined defenses).

Might be a shootout tomorrow.

Woodman
10-02-2022, 09:23 AM
Spot on. We both rely on the QB too much. Heard it this morning, Allen is responsible for 83% of all the Bills yards. Jackson is at 86%.

We need contributions from every starter period.

sukie
10-02-2022, 10:46 AM
What is the difference between Singles and Moss vs Harris and Stephenson?

Is it size?

imbondz
10-02-2022, 11:18 AM
I thought Lamar played good today. Still Allen > Lamar

Cntrygal
10-02-2022, 11:23 AM
I thought Lamar played good today. Still Allen > Lamar

I did too. He's improved his game a lot more than some give him credit for.

Kenny
10-03-2022, 02:39 AM
Lamar was ok... I noticed he played in the pocket a lot more, probably because he's trying to negotiate a new contract.

I wonder if he wasnt concerned about injury or showing he can play in the pocket, if he wouldnt give us the Michael Vick experience. Either way, he didnt seem to threaten at all as a passer.

YardRat
10-03-2022, 08:47 AM
Josh Allen makes either of the available throws on the fourth down play and it's a TD. That's the difference between the two.