PDA

View Full Version : Fanball.com ripping on Rochester D&C

Mr. Miyagi
09-03-2003, 08:31 AM
"Little more than a week ago, the Rochester Democrat & Chronicle speculated that Bobby Shaw might steal the No. 2 receiver job from Josh Reed. Nope, they didn’t have any quotes from coaches or players to back up the assertion, they just kinda ran with it after watching Reed “disappoint” through two preseason games. I scoffed at the notion, knowing that soon enough the Bills would officially announce Reed as the replacement for Peerless Price. That day was yesterday, when head coach Gregg Williams released his depth chart to the media. You know what’s funny? I didn’t see Shaw listed as the starter. You know what’s funnier? There was no mention in the D & C that their random speculation was as accurate as Rich Ankiel. Here’s a hint for the D & C sports staff: Stick to reporting and leave the speculation to those who know."

http://www.fanball.com/article.cfm/ID.1727

:rofl:

LtBillsFan66
09-03-2003, 08:33 AM
I love media wars. Especially billsreport vs. the zone, stadiumwall, and bbi.

Gunzlingr
09-03-2003, 09:24 AM
I guess they should have had some reliable sources. :shakeno: You will get a bad reputation making wild accusations with no basis.

WG
09-03-2003, 09:45 AM
Come on fellas.

First of all, Fanball is like that. It's my #1 publication for FFL review. They dont' pull any punches w/ anything. Are they always right? No, of course not. Is the D&C always right? No, of course not. But PS is a time for speculation. I stated in my article that I thought Irons would start. I was off there.

Who cares. I think it was a reach to assume that Shaw, a WR who's been in the league for years and who hasn't done anything would start though. But that was whomever wrote that piece's opinion. Nothin' wrong w/ that. Shaw was overrated and as many of you know, I was never impressed w/ us grabbing him.

We should have moved for Derrius Thompson who's gonna be the Fins leading WR bigtime this season.

Anyway, now it's time for the season when if the media makes idiotic suppositions, they should be held accountable. I'm glad to see some criticism from fanball and some reasonable speculation instead of purely party-line drivel from the D&C.

WG
09-03-2003, 09:46 AM
BTW, there are no "sources" as to whom will start. Even the coaches don't always know until later in the PS. It's all guesswork on the part of media/fans.

Now we have 53 and the play of individual players can be criticized when they don't put up.

lordofgun
09-03-2003, 09:47 AM
Fanball.com can go to hell! :mad:

Dolphan666
09-03-2003, 09:47 AM
Hey Brian, the D&C called about the resume you submitted ;)

The Spaz
09-03-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
Fanball.com can go to hell! :mad:

Fanball.com can go to hell and die...lol:)!

Bulldog
09-03-2003, 09:50 AM
It was merely a writers opinion. Fanball blows!

Earthquake Enyart
09-03-2003, 11:14 AM
The D&C is a rag. I wouldn't wash my windows with it.

What did Brian say about Shaw? Now, HE'S the guy with the inside sources. :up:

WG
09-03-2003, 11:17 AM
Well, I can see why my drafts in FFL seem to be better than most...

;)