PDA

View Full Version : Balls and Goats

Novacane
10-02-2022, 08:08 AM
Balls

2nd half defense
2nd half offense play calling on O
2nd half Josh Allen

Bass.........it was a cheapie but it was the game winner.

Putting to rest the Bills can't win a close game talk.
Goats.

First half everyone. They didn't look ready to play

TacklingDummy
10-02-2022, 08:10 AM
Balls: 2nd half offense.

Matt Milano
Jordan Poyer
Edmunds.

Goats: First half offense.

Beating themselves.

imbondz
10-02-2022, 08:11 AM
Balls - everyone for a great comeback and win.

Goats. Everyone of us in the GDT in the first half. :lol:

Novacane
10-02-2022, 08:11 AM
Should have singled out Poyer. Having him back was huge.

Forward_Lateral
10-02-2022, 08:12 AM
Balls: me down having a temper tantrum, taking a shower and changing my clothes. They out scored Baltimore 20-0 after I did it

Canadian'eh!
10-02-2022, 08:14 AM
Josh Allen, Josh Allen and Josh Allen.

Lots of contributions worth mentioning.

But Josh Allen put this team on his back and showed why he's an all world franchise QB.

Novacane
10-02-2022, 08:14 AM
Ball to Harbaugh for passing up the FG.

TacklingDummy
10-02-2022, 08:15 AM
Forgot to mention.

Huge game ball to John Harbaugh.

Woodman
10-02-2022, 08:16 AM
PAY POYER!!

imbondz
10-02-2022, 08:16 AM
Ball to Harbaugh for passing up the FG.

lmao yes!

notacon
10-02-2022, 08:17 AM
Once again---the biggest goats are the cynical Bills ”fans” that give up half way though the game

Ingtar33
10-02-2022, 08:18 AM
I'll forgive the first half, that looked like a dolphins hangover. took a bit to get our feet under us, and balt punched us in the face.

BALLS: Josh Allen (that's it for the offense, no one really stood out outside of him); the whole defense (I'm giving them a pass for the first 20 minutes)

Goats: none- while i didn't like what i saw from the o-line most of the game, they got it together when it mattered, the playcalling was questionable in the first half, but with how everyone was playing i can't really fault it too much. so take the win, run for the bus, get better for the steelers, who just dropped a game to the jets; the swap to Kenny Pickett was hilarious (3ints on 13 passes) positively peterman like.

Canadian'eh!
10-02-2022, 08:22 AM
I'll forgive the first half, that looked like a dolphins hangover. took a bit to get our feet under us, and balt punched us in the face.

BALLS: Josh Allen (that's it for the offense, no one really stood out outside of him); the whole defense (I'm giving them a pass for the first 20 minutes)

Goats: none- while i didn't like what i saw from the o-line most of the game, they got it together when it mattered, the playcalling was questionable in the first half, but with how everyone was playing i can't really fault it too much. so take the win, run for the bus, get better for the steelers, who just dropped a game to the jets; the swap to Kenny Pickett was hilarious (3ints on 13 passes) positively peterman like.

2 ints at least weren't on Pickett. But Matt Canada is the biggest issue there

notacon
10-02-2022, 08:22 AM
Josh Allen played a gritty game. Despite his tough day passing (his passer rating is only 68.4) he did what needed to be done to win.

Defense had the same kind of game. Grind it out. Keep Jackson, basically in check.

Hats off the Matt Milano who played like a madman.

GREAT to have Poyer back on the field.

Woodman
10-02-2022, 08:24 AM
Forgot to mention.

Huge game ball to John Harbaugh.

Hell I'd give him two. :giggity:

Night Train
10-02-2022, 08:37 AM
Balls :
3-1 no matter how you get there
2nd half comeback
Poyer was HUGE
Allen - Reveivers dropped a lot but that soft pass to Knox in clutch time...

Goats:
Weather being a factor again
Mistake filled first half, until the last 2 minutes

3-1 ..Perspective...Odds are the weather is less extreme for now but stay tuned.

TacklingDummy
10-02-2022, 09:30 AM
Big Balls to the Defense.

Who would have thought they be playing this well all year with injuries to White, Hyde, Oliver, Johnson, Benford, Phillips, Poyer.

YardRat
10-02-2022, 09:43 AM
I'm usually a little harsh on the defense but considering the short fields the offense was putting them in I'll give them a ball for the entire game.

DraftBoy
10-02-2022, 01:52 PM
Outside of the first half the only goat is the OL that continues to struggle with basic blocking concepts and consistency throughout the game. Allen is taking more and more hits and the RB’s are getting hit in the backfield way too often.

They usually find an acceptable level of blocking for a a few drives per game, but it’s not enough. They need to improve.

Balls for Allen and Poyer. They came up huge for us and won the game.

Buddo
10-02-2022, 08:02 PM
Dane Jackson, for not only being on the field, but also performing at a high level.

Poyer, a genuine ball-hawk.

2nd Half Coaching.

Forward_Lateral
10-02-2022, 11:13 PM
Very big comeback win, so it's hard to give out Goats, but here's a few that really stood out for me

The O-line. When Josh wasn't under duress because they didn't block, his passes were getting tipped at the LOS. That usually means the defenders aren't being blocked whatsoever. (you can't jump to deflect a pass if you are engaged). The run blocking was also garbage, outside of one drive where Singletary ripped off a few 10 yard runs.

Cook. Dude. You are blowing your opportunities every time. Moss sucks. All you have to do is make plays when called on, and you will likely pass him on the depth chart. You won't, however, if you keep dropping easy screen passes.

Whatever the plan was to contain Lamar, didn't work.

The officiating sucked again, but it sucked equally for both teams, so I won't give them a goat.

Balls:

Josh
Milano
Poyer
The D-line for wreaking havoc.
Frazier for actually changing tactics and blitzing some.
The secondary

Night Train
10-03-2022, 12:37 AM
Outside of the first half the only goat is the OL that continues to struggle with basic blocking concepts and consistency throughout the game. Allen is taking more and more hits and the RB’s are getting hit in the backfield way too often.

They usually find an acceptable level of blocking for a a few drives per game, but it’s not enough. They need to improve.

Balls for Allen and Poyer. They came up huge for us and won the game.

The OL has NOT been good as a unit. Injuries, actual talent ? Whatever the reason, they've been blown up on way too many instances.

Many handoffs to the RB's have barely been executed before an opposing D player has them wrapped up in the backfield. I do not blame the new OL coach Kromer, who inherited this substandard bunch. He has a way of doing things that worked great in the past but the current room of Lineman cannot do it for reasons that need to be sorted out.

Historian
10-03-2022, 01:51 AM
Balls:

Poyer
Milano
Edmunds
Bass
Allen

Goats:

The Bills can't win a close one crowd....get a grip.

Forward_Lateral
10-03-2022, 01:58 AM
The OL has NOT been good as a unit. Injuries, actual talent ? Whatever the reason, they've been blown up on way too many instances.

Many handoffs to the RB's have barely been executed before an opposing D player has them wrapped up in the backfield. I do not blame the new OL coach Kromer, who inherited this substandard bunch. He has a way of doing things that worked great in the past but the current room of Lineman cannot do it for reasons that need to be sorted out.

I'm starting to wonder if it's scheme.

I did watch Moss run directly into the backs of his lineman on that 3rd and 1. Yes Baltimore got penetration, but he ran directly into it.

Forward_Lateral
10-03-2022, 02:00 AM
Balls:

Poyer
Milano
Edmunds
Bass
Allen

Goats:

The Bills can't win a close one crowd....get a grip.
The end when Harbaugh and his players were all throwing tantrums at each other was the best. That was one of the better coached games, all around, that I've witnessed by McDermott and company.

DraftBoy
10-03-2022, 03:30 AM
I'm starting to wonder if it's scheme.

I did watch Moss run directly into the backs of his lineman on that 3rd and 1. Yes Baltimore got penetration, but he ran directly into it.

I’m not as concerned about scheme because I see guys like Dawkins getting beat on basic level pass rush moves. No OL is perfect and they are going to get beat sometimes, but watching Dawkins get put on skates against a power rush or losing all inside leverage against a swim move is really getting frustrating.

I can accept Bates getting beat like a rag doll against Donald if it had been getting better. But I still see too many DT’s shooting gaps and getting good penetration.

Our 2nd level blocking outside of Knox and Morse is damn near non-existent right now as well.

That all being said, I don’t know the blocking calls and if the scheme is somewhat to blame. I just hate seeing fundamentally sound players suddenly start struggling at things I know they can do.