PDA

View Full Version : Play shakir more

Buffalogic
10-02-2022, 08:34 AM
The guy can actually make the first tackler miss, something the offense just doesn't seem to have consistently. Put him in coach.

Novacane
10-02-2022, 08:36 AM
I agree and it doesn't look like they're going to have a choice.

Night Train
10-02-2022, 08:41 AM
Play Cook less...like not at all. Currently useless.

kingJofNYC
10-02-2022, 08:42 AM
Definitely, crowder hurt and not doing much, give the rookie burn.

notacon
10-02-2022, 08:54 AM
The Bills are bringing Shakir along slowly like the usually do with rookies. He is going to see a lot more playing time now considering injuries to the WR’s.

With the injuries to Kumerow and now Crowder (hopefully McKenzie will come out of concussion protocol....but with the recent concern over playing after a head injury....who knows) it looks like we are going to get our chance to see Hodgins....and maybe even Austin and/or Gentry.

The Bills finished the game with only there healthy WR’s....Diggs, Davis and Shakir.

Woodman
10-02-2022, 09:13 AM
The guy can actually make the first tackler miss, something the offense just doesn't seem to have consistently. Put him in coach.

He's ready to play!

BillsFanInMass
10-02-2022, 09:29 AM
I didn't really want obj . But we may end up Needing him when he is ready to play.Davis doesn't seem like he is 100% he usually goes for a couple deep routes. Not lately

cookie G
10-02-2022, 09:39 AM
He had some mistakes early on in the season, a missed block on a third and 1 and at least one misrun route. But the way his character is talked up, these are things he'll overcome.

Right now, he goes to the slot, since he's needed there.

Forward_Lateral
10-02-2022, 10:50 AM
Well they don’t have a choice now

Woodman
10-02-2022, 12:17 PM
I didn't really want obj . But we may end up Needing him when he is ready to play.Davis doesn't seem like he is 100% he usually goes for a couple deep routes. Not lately

Davis isn't ready and tried to gut it out.

TacklingDummy
10-02-2022, 12:32 PM
Davis isn't ready and tried to gut it out.

Was his injury hands related?

All of a sudden he can’t catch.

Buffalogic
10-02-2022, 12:35 PM

All of a sudden he can’t catch.It's odd to watch. He never drops passes, but since the injury, he can't catch anything.

Woodman
10-02-2022, 01:27 PM
It's odd to watch. He never drops passes, but since the injury, he can't catch anything.

I think it's confidence :idunno:

He needs a score and it will all go away.

Cntrygal
10-02-2022, 01:37 PM
It's odd to watch. He never drops passes, but since the injury, he can't catch anything.

I consider myself a "semi-pro" when it comes to ankle injuries - even though I've never had the stellar rehab advantages.

It could be that he's concentrating so much on making sure he doesn't re-tweak the ankle, that he's not completely focused on the ball. If that's the case, and he's hyper focused on how his foot is landing - he's not ready to be on the field.

jamze132
10-02-2022, 09:09 PM
I have no concerns with playing Shakir and Hodgins. They both looked great in preseason and Shakir showed some moves yesterday.

Canadian'eh!
10-02-2022, 10:20 PM
He's gonna see more of the field with the injuries foe a few weeks. It'll be a good experience for him. He certainly looks impressive. Hodgins will get moved up now most likely, I trust him too.

Davis clearly playing through the ankle. I'm sure he'll get back on track as it gets better.

DraftBoy
10-02-2022, 11:41 PM

All of a sudden he can’t catch.

Davis has had issues with drops before. He's going to drop some passes that are going to drive you mad, but he's also going to make some incredible catches. It's why he's a good #2/#3 WR option, but likely will never be a #1 guy.

Goobylal
10-03-2022, 12:17 AM
I thought Shakir could be an outside guy but he's probably destined for just the slot.

kgun12
10-03-2022, 03:02 AM
I said during preseason he would make the 53 man roster. I think he’s going to be special once he gets used to the NFL.

notacon
10-03-2022, 07:04 AM
Shakir has now caught 2 passes in his young NFL career. He has dressed for two games, playing a grand total of 40 snaps, getting two targets in the Tennessee game with zero catches. His two targets in the Baltimore game resulted in catches (both nice ones) that gained 23 yards.

Hodgins has played in one NFL regular season game in his three years in the league.....on the field for 4 offensive snaps. Zero catches.

I have a LOT of concerns with either of these two playing considerable time instead of Crowder, Kumerow and especially McKenzie.

Crowder has played offense in 100 NFL games with 51 starts. He has 415 receptions and 4,667 yards and 28 TD’s.

McKenzie has played offense in 69 NFL games with 22 starts. He has 114 receptions and 1,075 yards and 10 TD’s.

Jake Kumerow has played offense in 43 NFL games with 9 starts, He has 27 receptions and 436 yards and 3 TD’s. He has played 24 games on special team for the Bills since 2020 averaging over 60% of the ST snaps.

When two players with such limited actual game experience replace three payers with plethora of the same, it’s a BIG concern.

Luckily for them, they have Josh Allen at QB. Hopefully, they can keep the mistakes to a minimum and do the small things (like blocking and running good routes) and provide some positive contributions.

At the very least, getting game experience will go a long way to helping them develop.

POTLAND PSILBYLO
10-03-2022, 08:46 AM
TUPAC!

Woodman
10-03-2022, 11:05 AM
TUPAC!

ONEPAC! would be better. :console:

notacon
10-04-2022, 05:30 AM
With McDermott’s comments yesterday (https://www.buffalobills.com/news/sean-mcdermott-provides-injury-updates-on-jamison-crowder-others-heading-into-we), don’t hold your breath that Hodgins will be elevated from the PS. As usual, every indication is that McDermott values experience.

In terms of who could fill in with Crowder out and McKenzie dealing with a concussion, McDermott praised WR Tavon Austin and RB Duke Johnson for their work on the practice squad.

"We've got some options there," McDermott said. "Both of those players have done a really good job for us on the practice squad so we will see where it goes here."

Judging who is more likely to be called up based on pre-season performance is a non-starter as well. None of the practices once the regular season is close is open to the public.

Practice squad players are judged every day, outside the pubic eye.

With only three health WR’s, one of which is a raw rookie, it’s most likely that Tavon Austin gets elevated. Depending on if McKenzie is able to play, Hodgins might. Whether he gets that many snaps if he does get called up is another unknowable.

Austin has played in 113 NFL regular season games, with 53 starts, 244 receptions for 2,239 yards, with 16 TD’s over his nine year career. He also had 199 rushing attempts for 1,362 yards and 10 TD’s.

Night Train
10-04-2022, 05:34 AM
With McDermott’s comments yesterday (https://www.buffalobills.com/news/sean-mcdermott-provides-injury-updates-on-jamison-crowder-others-heading-into-we), don’t hold your breath that Hodgins will be elevated from the PS. As usual, every indication is that McDermott values experience.

And yet Cook is on the active roster contributing ZERO.

notacon
10-04-2022, 06:20 AM
Good point.

Interestingly, Joe B. opined on that exact subject this week in his post game observations after Baltimore (https://theathletic.com/3650756/2022/10/02/7-bills-observations-ravens-win/)....

It might be time for James Cook (https://theathletic.com/nfl/player/james-cook-yynfZqHDAdhkOwK4/) to have an inactive game

Despite an early Singletary fumble, the Bills have drifted into the same territory as last season with their running back snap share. Singletary played on 87.7 percent of the team’s offensive snaps, while Zack Moss (https://theathletic.com/nfl/player/zack-moss-kAHZyHA4G8rn5Y8V/) and James Cook had a combined eight snaps. The Bills trust Singletary completely even with the turnover, and he took 43 of the team’s final 46 snaps. Part of the problem is that they can’t trust the rookie Cook at this point in his career. Cook’s second quarter drop ruined what could have been a solid gain was the last time we saw him on the field in any capacity. If the Bills can’t trust him in pass protection, he’s had some ball security issues, they aren’t having success blocking for the style of running that suits him best and he doesn’t play special teams. There isn’t a strong argument for making him active every week. The Bills have shown a tendency to have their rookies watch from the sidelines if they are showing some early-career struggles, and it wouldn’t be unprecedented for a second-round pick. The team’s two second-round picks before Cook, A.J. Epenesa (https://theathletic.com/nfl/player/aj-epenesa-Vy3ID5vQnnaHArmI/) and Boogie Basham (https://theathletic.com/nfl/player/boogie-basham-IVufHPnCSzZ4tRXu/), each spent some games as a healthy scratch during their rookie seasons. So, it may be what Cook needs to slow the game down and allow the Bills to temporarily get more out of that active roster spot on gameday.

With McDermott’s comment about Duke Johnson, is this the week to sit Cook and active Duke???

Sounds like the smart thing to do.

Goobylal
10-04-2022, 06:34 AM
ONEPAC! would be better. :console:

Sixpack Liqur.

Forward_Lateral
10-04-2022, 06:52 AM
Cook is blowing his chances.

Bill Cody
10-04-2022, 07:12 AM
Shakir looks like a confident player

kgun12
10-04-2022, 07:40 AM
He has played above expectations at every level!

TigerJ
10-04-2022, 10:17 PM
Davis has had issues with drops before. He's going to drop some passes that are going to drive you mad, but he's also going to make some incredible catches. It's why he's a good #2/#3 WR option, but likely will never be a #1 guy.I think when you combine the injury and the weather in Baltimore, it may have affected Davis' concentration. The ball was slippery because of the rain, and he may have been worrying about his ability to make a cut after the catch.

notacon
10-05-2022, 04:46 AM
Cook is blowing his chances.

The Bills are not going to give up on him so easily.

It’s only four games into the season.

Woodman
10-06-2022, 06:28 AM

Very very disappointed with him so far after all we heard.

Woodman
10-06-2022, 06:31 AM
The Bills are not going to give up on him so easily.

It’s only four games into the season.

Of course not but it had better start soon.

Night Train
10-07-2022, 12:15 AM
Very very disappointed with him so far after all we heard.

The only thing we heard was happy talk from media and fans. All invented.

He looks like he weighs 150 and is terrified of contact. I get the light may turn on soon and he'll help... but he's a complete waste of a roster spot in his current state of mind. (fear).

Get him on the jugs machine, have some LB's knock him down to experience contact and force him to eat a sandwich.

swiper
10-07-2022, 12:21 AM
Ah meh. The fans all expect instant gratification and will be disappointed.

The NFL game is men's football. College is boys, most who won't touch the NFL. It takes a bit of time for some players to produce and not every draft pick does. Give him some time. Josh Allen showed in his 3rd season. Rodgers sat 4 years. On and on. Trust in the coaches who see this stuff up close on film over and over. They'll know what to do. They've been pretty good at turning this football team around. You all could be stuck in the Rex Ryan years, you know.

Woodman
10-07-2022, 12:52 AM
The only thing we heard was happy talk from media and fans. All invented.

He looks like he weighs 150 and is terrified of contact. I get the light may turn on soon and he'll help... but he's a complete waste of a roster spot in his current state of mind. (fear).

Get him on the jugs machine, have some LB's knock him down to experience contact and force him to eat a sandwich.

A few milkshakes wouldn't hurt. :D

He could just suddenly explode .... I'll keep hoping that for now.

Woodman
10-07-2022, 04:11 AM
I have no concerns with playing Shakir and Hodgins. They both looked great in preseason and Shakir showed some moves yesterday.
Let's get those guys out there.

Buffalogic
10-09-2022, 05:58 PM
This guy is good.