PDA

View Full Version : Stop it, Kenny!

swiper
10-07-2022, 01:53 AM
:rofl:

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/bills/miller-tells-pickett-to-spot-it-over-underdog-comments

Good job by Von Miller.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="und" dir="ltr">🧐 <a href="https://t.co/cgKY2xVRVJ">pic.twitter.com/cgKY2xVRVJ</a></p>&mdash; Josh Rowntree (@JRown32) <a href="https://twitter.com/JRown32/status/1577851568795312128?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 6, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Woodman
10-07-2022, 02:21 AM
Don't try to get fake mad .... stop it Kenny.

Goobylal
10-07-2022, 03:29 AM
You are underdogs Kenny. And you'll see why Sunday.

Kaziganth
10-07-2022, 04:19 AM
Never underestimate your opponent. Upsets happen. Stay the course.

"We're just getting ready to play the Steelers bro" -- Von Miller

Don't blink!

notacon
10-07-2022, 04:55 AM
“Nobody looks at the spread of the game”

Uhhhhhh.....really Von?!?!?

The fact is that EVERYBODY looks at the spread of EVERY game. And million of dollars are riding on that every week.

Sports betting is a multi BILLION $ business.

And yes, Pittsburgh is a HUGE “underdog”.

Yeah, the clip is funny, but Von sounds a little clueless.

Novacane
10-07-2022, 05:46 AM

The fact is that EVERYBODY looks at the spread of EVERY game. And million of dollars are riding on that every week.

I think he's talking about players. They don't look at that stuff. Hell, in his interview with Kyle Brandt this week Josh didn't even know we play the Chiefs next week.

notacon
10-07-2022, 06:47 AM
I think he's talking about players. They don't look at that stuff. Hell, in his interview with Kyle Brandt this week Josh didn't even know we play the Chiefs next week.
Yeah....I know that. He would be better off if he referred to what the players think.

Still he sounds out of touch with what the fans (and just about the entire sorts world) think and spreads. And the idea that the Steelers are not “underdogs” and he is *****ing about Kenny Pickett stating the obvious is really lame.

Woodman
10-07-2022, 06:59 AM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Mny6uNTiB3c" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

swiper
10-07-2022, 10:08 AM

He meant the players, notaclue.

swiper
10-07-2022, 10:10 AM
Still he sounds out of touch with what the fans.

No he doesn't. Not at all.

TheConsigliere
10-07-2022, 09:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta3XLzrQbbM&ab_channel=BreakthroughEntertainment

notacon
10-08-2022, 04:40 AM
No he doesn't. Not at all.

Yes, he does.

And you truncating my quote is lame.

This is what I actually wrote......"Still he sounds out of touch with what the fans (and just about the entire sorts world) think (about) spreads.”

Even the article that you presented questions Miller’s comments....the first paragraph after the tweet that had Von’s comments...

Not sure exactly what Miller is trying to do here. The Steelers are a 14-point underdog. That 14-point spread is the biggest of the season for any game in the NFL, and the biggest for the Steelers since 1969

“Why is he looking at the spread? Nobody looks at the spread of the game, like, nobody’s looking at none of that. We’re just getting ready to play the Steelers,” said Miller. “Don’t try to get fake mad at... don’t try to get crazy on us, man. Nobody thinks you’re underdogs, Kenny.

As being the biggest underdogs in a game since 1969, a lot more people are talking about the Steelers being an underdog than Miller thinks, especially since it’s the biggest one of the season.

Von Miller should have a nice career in broadcasting after he finally retires. He is going to have clean up his communication skills before that.

If he wants to put forward the idea that the team take every game seriously, and the PLAYERS do not necessarily pay attention to the spread or who is underdog (which I don’t believe for a second), then he should have said that.

In these comments, he sounded like he has only a glancing relationship with English and is in denial of reality.

Mace
10-08-2022, 07:53 AM
Totally disagree with notacon. Listening to that before reading the comments, I understood he meant the players don't pay attention to underdogs and point spreads, right away.

Nothing wrong with his english, and his sense of reality is quite tuned to the moment.

Those are my perceptions, which I'm quite comfortable with.

Goobylal
10-08-2022, 08:48 AM
I'll change my mind and agree with notacon. Almost everyone thinks they're underdogs and rightfully so. What I think Von is trying to do is downplay it so he and the team don't also view it that way and take them lightly. And I'd much rather have him do that than say "yeah, you are."

DraftBoy
10-08-2022, 11:14 AM

You don’t think players look at that stuff?

Mace
10-08-2022, 11:47 AM
I'll change my mind and agree with notacon. Almost everyone thinks they're underdogs and rightfully so. What I think Von is trying to do is downplay it so he and the team don't also view it that way and take them lightly. And I'd much rather have him do that than say "yeah, you are."

Can't agree. I feel Miller is saying that they don't write anyone off despite projections,odds and such, and just play the game in front of them. It isn't like he hasn't been in games where they lost to underdogs taken lightly, and it isn't like he hasn't been on teams that took them down despite odds and spreads and projections. It's pro football, they play the game in front of them and every opponent might beat them if they don't beat the opponent no matter what "people" say.

notacon
10-08-2022, 12:54 PM
I certainly understand and appreciate some not agreeing with my take.

If there IS a discussion on what exactly Von was trying to say (and the author of the article literarily writing “Not sure what Miller is trying to do here”) means that his use of English and communication skills were lacking.

And Mace saying that "Those are my perceptions....” validates that there are different “perceptions” to have.

Yeah...we kinda, sorta maybe know what he is trying to say.....he certainly did it quite inelegantly.

Anytime one uses the absolute term “nobody” thinks this or that....without defining who “nobody” IS (several times in a few sentences) and warning Kenny to “don’t try to get crazy on us, man”....when it is undeniable that Kenny saying that the Steelers are underdogs (in part because it’s his first NFL start as QB) is NOT “crazy”, there is a disconnect.

In any event. This is not a big deal. And it’s reasonable to have good faith disagreement.

notacon
10-08-2022, 01:01 PM
You don’t think players look at that stuff?

Oh yeah. There is NO DOUBT that players know exactly what is being said about them, their team, especially in today’s social media world.

It reminds me of this epic Richard Sherman outburst after a Seattle win over San Fran bringing up Michael Crabtree dissing him...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7PH35C7Fhq0" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

That was a man with something to get off his chest. And Erin Andrews is thinking ‘what the hell are you talking about?'

Goobylal
10-08-2022, 01:28 PM
Can't agree. I feel Miller is saying that they don't write anyone off despite projections,odds and such, and just play the game in front of them. It isn't like he hasn't been in games where they lost to underdogs taken lightly, and it isn't like he hasn't been on teams that took them down despite odds and spreads and projections. It's pro football, they play the game in front of them and every opponent might beat them if they don't beat the opponent no matter what "people" say.

Yes, Von is saying he/the Bills aren't writing anyone off. But almost everyone else thinks they're an underdog.

swiper
10-09-2022, 12:10 AM
Yes, he does.

No. No he doesn't. Not at all. Blab all you want. You're wrong, once again. Blabbering jabberwockey (https://youtu.be/hQ9DTYKJ_PM) that you are.

cookie G
10-09-2022, 02:32 AM
Though he'll never admit it, the biggest thought Von has going on right now is..."Glad I'm not in Denver."

TheConsigliere
10-09-2022, 02:43 AM
Though he'll never admit it, the biggest thought Von has going on right now is..."Glad I'm not in Denver."

What's happening in the London game Gil?

I haven't been able to switch it on since I am flipping back and forth from the Premiere game of West Ham v Full Ham and the Serie A game of Udinese v Atalanta. Arsenal v Liverpool should be a good one coming on at 11:30 AM.

So what am I hearing about a woman in Christ's life?

We wanted to set you up with our cousin Rosa.

You have to look past the black attire she wears in honour of her late husband who died twenty years ago. She is only in her late 40's, breasts larger than a camel's humps and is riper than the oldest Gorgonzola if you know what I mean. Her husband died young in a tragic farm explosion "accident" in downtown St Louis.

This other woman is NOT going to be a problem here is it?

cookie G
10-09-2022, 03:15 AM
What's happening in the London game Gil?

I haven't been able to switch it on since I am flipping back and forth from the Premiere game of West Ham v Full Ham and the Serie A game of Udinese v Atalanta. Arsenal v Liverpool should be a good one coming on at 11:30 AM.

NI. I'm filching off my oldest's Youtubetv but the password needs to be reset. We tried a few times but he'll need to come over sometime to do it. I neeeded a break before the Bills game. I had 5 different college games going last night...4 on TVand one on my comp. So I need a break before noon.

So what am I hearing about a woman in Christ's life?

Nearly a deal breaker yesterday. She wanted to go somewhere today...at 3 pm. I could only say, "um..the BIlls game might not be over by then."

Take it Sinbad! Explain what the game means to a middle aged man! (scroll to about the 22 minute mark.

<iframe width="603" height="452" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/C-Xab1LlZXw" title="Sinbad - "Brain Damaged" (1990) NO SKITS" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOl...Luckily, she handled it well. She even bought Garth a doggie Bills jersey...he had it on last week, grudgingly.

She's nice, we get along fine, I think.

In bigger news, the 2 surgical patients in our family came out well.

My bro had neck surgery on Thursday. This is about his 4th vertebra disc operation. He said he was doing fine and is recovering well. If he trying to become shorter than me by having all these discs removed, there has to be an easier way.,

My niece was diagnosed with breast cancer last June. Supposedly it was an aggressive form. She's been having radiation treatment since then, plus a number of other things. She had a procedure on Friday and the big news was, lymph nodes are clear. She's cancer free. Those two things are huge.

notacon
10-09-2022, 03:42 AM
No. No he doesn't. Not at all. Blab all you want. You're wrong, once again. Blabbering jabberwockey (https://youtu.be/hQ9DTYKJ_PM) that you are.

:rofl: Projecting again I see.

Mace
10-09-2022, 09:00 AM
Props to Pickett. Looks like the Steelers found their QB.

sukie
10-09-2022, 09:09 AM
Check his pee. He put up 3, Mace. Moxy isn’t all that.

Novacane
10-09-2022, 09:10 AM

That's very premature. . He put up 3 points. Half of his yards were against back ups playing prevent and he still couldn't get a garbage time TD. Romo and Nantz did a good job selling you I see.

TheConsigliere
10-09-2022, 09:14 AM
That's very premature. . He put up 3 points. Half of his yards were against back ups playing prevent and he still couldn't get a garbage time TD. Romo and Nantz did a good job selling you I see.
Nova -- You need to get past this superficial analysis...Mace is correct in that those were 3 very high quality points.

notacon
10-09-2022, 09:22 AM
Spot on Mace.

First start, in almost impossible situation....2nd NFL game, and this kid looks like he absolutely has "it”!!

TheConsigliere
10-09-2022, 09:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f26ta7B_t6s&ab_channel=8NewsNOWLasVegas

Mace
10-09-2022, 11:43 AM

Yeah, sorry, that's nonsense. A rookie made his first start against a top defense on the road in Buffalo and went 34/52 for 327 yards with 1 int and you're upset I said it looks like the Steelers found their QB...... as opposed to what they've seen out of Trubisky, without any other over the top praise ?

Come on now. Get a grip. WTF is premature there ? Seriously ? Wtf.

Novacane
10-09-2022, 12:18 PM
Yeah, sorry, that's nonsense. A rookie made his first start against a top defense on the road in Buffalo and went 34/52 for 327 yards with 1 int and you're upset I said it looks like the Steelers found their QB...... as opposed to what they've seen out of Trubisky, without any other over the top praise ?

I'm not upset. WTF is premature? Claiming a team has found their QB after one start. :lol: That's really funny. Talk about needing to get a grip. Next week he could look like ****. He's a rookie. Geez. Take a chill pill grumpy old man.

Mace
10-09-2022, 01:13 PM
I'm not upset. WTF is premature? Claiming a team has found their QB after one start. :lol: That's really funny. Talk about needing to get a grip. Next week he could look like ****. He's a rookie. Geez. Take a chill pill grumpy old man.

Talk about taking a chill pill, Mr. Grumpenstein, I remember a QB who was 18/33 for 245 yards, 1 td, 2 int's and a rating of 63 vs Pickett's 74, with 5 sacks in his first start. His TD came with 38 secs left in garbage time. You want to guess who that was ?

Then we can talk about what's funny.

Novacane
10-09-2022, 02:02 PM
Talk about taking a chill pill, Mr. Grumpenstein, I remember a QB who was 18/33 for 245 yards, 1 td, 2 int's and a rating of 63 vs Pickett's 74, with 5 sacks in his first start. His TD came with 38 secs left in garbage time. You want to guess who that was ?

:lol: You drank to much today. Fine...........Pickett is going to be great. Now go to bed and sleep it off.

Goobylal
10-10-2022, 02:54 AM

Yeah but he led his team to 20 points. Never mind the total opposite in talent around him.

notacon
10-10-2022, 06:29 AM

Yep.

The stats are not what impresses.

It’s his attitude, calmness in the pocket, toughness, accuracy, decision making, mobility, and big brass balls. All rare traits for a first year QB, much less in his first start.

He is perfect for the Steelers and their persona. Just like Josh Allen is perfect fit for the Bills.

The next time the Bills are regularly scheduled to play against Pittsburgh (via the pre-determined rotation) in 2025, Kenny Pickett is going to be a force to contend with.

Goobylal
10-10-2022, 06:32 AM
Yep.

The stats are not what impresses.

It’s his attitude, calmness in the pocket, toughness, accuracy, decision making, mobility, and big brass balls. All rare traits for a first year QB, much less in his first start.

He is perfect for the Steelers and their persona. Just like Josh Allen is perfect fit for the Bills.

The next time the Bills are regularly scheduled to play against Pittsburgh (via the pre-determined rotation) in 2025, Kenny Pickett is going to be a force to contend with.

Maybe, maybe not. Revisit this after teams get more game film on him.

notacon
10-10-2022, 06:42 AM
Maybe, maybe not. Revisit this after teams get more game film on him.

Young QB’s are always difficult to predict how their careers will pan out.

But, you watch, when we "Revisit this after teams get more game film on him”....but especially in the three years to come, we’ll see another franchise QB for Pittsburgh.

swiper
10-10-2022, 06:52 AM
For some reason I keep wanting to compare Pickett to Nate Peterman. Pickett certainly outdid Peterman in his first NFL game.

Goobylal
10-10-2022, 09:13 AM
Young QB’s are always difficult to predict how their careers will pan out.

But, you watch, when we "Revisit this after teams get more game film on him”....but especially in the three years to come, we’ll see another franchise QB for Pittsburgh.

Time will tell.