Everyone here says a Steelers upset depends on if the defense can slow down Allen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghz in pittsburgh
    • Aug 2004

Everyone here says a Steelers upset depends on if the defense can slow down Allen

But I feel their chance is on Pickett throwing deep balls, jump ball to the outside. Their running game with that offense is not really that great, mainly due to their line. As such, relying on the rookie QB to drive down the field consistently is difficult. But Pickett will be willing to throw deep balls if he sees one-on-one coverage, even if the WR is not that open. Our secondary is still probably the weakest area of our D. They do have Claypool, Pickens, Johnson.

The Steelers under Mitch averaged shy of 20 points a game. I actually feel even with a rookie, they are going to top that number this Sunday.
  • Kaziganth
    One Now
    • Mar 2018

Re: Everyone here says a Steelers upset depends on if the defense can slow down Allen

I agree. If Pickett can get lucky with some big plays (with no negative consequences) then it becomes a shootout. I think the Bills can still win in that situation, but it certainly makes it more difficult and some bad bounces/calls/etc. against the Bills could result in a Steelers win. Again, if Pickett takes some chances and those risks payoff without any big turnovers that is.

Comment

• Goobylal
      • Jan 2004

Re: Everyone here says a Steelers upset depends on if the defense can slow down Allen

The Bills will confuse the **** out of Pickett and get him to throw at ton of INTs. On the flip side, Josh will carve up their defense.

Comment

• Oaf
        Do you read what you write?
        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by Kaziganth View Post
        I agree. If Pickett can get lucky with some big plays (with no negative consequences) then it becomes a shootout. I think the Bills can still win in that situation, but it certainly makes it more difficult and some bad bounces/calls/etc. against the Bills could result in a Steelers win. Again, if Pickett takes some chances and those risks payoff without any big turnovers that is.
        We might give up some plays, but I think our corners will challenge. I'm worried about Jaquan Johnson in the middle and getting eaten up by Friermuth.

Bills 30-24

Comment

• Woodman
          Legendary Zoner
          • Apr 2014

How is he playing on his back?

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• notacon
            • Aug 2012

If TJ Watt was playing there would be a better chance of “slow(ing) down Allen”.

I don’t think they would be able to, but without him, on the road, the chances they will come close too slowing the Bills offense down is between slim and none.

Maybe Pickett can do some magic, but it’s doubtful.

The Bills are the 2nd stingiest defense allowing only 58 points, only 14.5 per game. And that was against teams much better than the Steelers.

But, hey, the Pittsburgh faithful have to hang on to something.

Comment

• sukie
              Seriously?
              • Sep 2012

For “Nose” to get a chance to chuck it deep he’s gonna need time which his line will not afford him.

Comment

• POTLAND PSILBYLO
                Asst to Dean Vernon Wormer
                • Nov 2012

The Steelers fans will be upset

Comment

• Mace
                  Haha...yeah you think so ?
                  • Mar 2013

I kind of don't really see Pickett being that good at this point in his young career, he's just a better maybe than Trubisky, who is honestly not that good. But Trubisky looked good here....well, 6 of 8 for 75 yards and an INT doesn't really show you more than his stats as a starter.

Without insult to the Steelers, who are regrouping this season to some extent, a Steelers upset will depend on mistake free football and a Bills catastrophe.

It shouldn't happen, if it does, well there's good reason to yell and swear about the Bills.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

If the Bills can generate a pass rush the Steelers don’t have a chance.

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Oaf View Post
                      We might give up some plays, but I think our corners will challenge. I'm worried about Jaquan Johnson in the middle and getting eaten up by Friermuth.

Bills 30-24
                      If our defense gives up 24 points to that offense they've had a terrible day.

Comment

• Woodman
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Apr 2014

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
                        If the Bills can generate a pass rush the Steelers don’t have a chance.

It'll happen.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• Novacane
                          • Jul 2002

A Steelers upset depends on the Bills totally taking them for granted and beating themselves.

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

This is your classic trap game and how the Steelers always seem to luck out against us. But if Dorsey doesn't pull a Daboll, we win easily.
                            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

Any chance of a Pittsburgh victory is impacted by the degree to which the Bills are hampered by injury. Buffalo's starting defensive backfield is again Dane Jackson, Kaiir Elam, Damar Hamlin and Jaquan Johnson. In addition, Oliver, Phillips and Edmunds are all questionable. On offense, Buffalo will be without Knox and Crowder. McKenzie is questionable (though I'm guessing he'll play). Gabe Davis will play, but we don't know if his ankle is still bothering him.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X