X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • notacon
    • Aug 2012

This Picture Deserves it’s Own Thread

Not only was that an elite career defining catch, the skill level in order to capture it is just as elite. Taken by Derek Gee of the Buffalo News.

• TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: This Picture Deserves it’s Own Thread

Good thing he pulled it away from Fitzpatrick or it would have been an interception.

Comment

• BillsFanInMass
      The Stoner Zoner
      • Feb 2003

That would be a nice pic to get autographed for my game room.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
        Good thing he pulled it away from Fitzpatrick or it would have been an interception.
        Disagree. If you watch, they both had possession, which equals a catch for the WR

Comment

• swiper
          Legendary Zoner
          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
          Disagree. If you watch, they both had possession, which equals a catch for the WR
          Looked like Fitzpatrick had much more of it for a few seconds.

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

I disagree, I think it looked like Fitzpatrick took near full possession. It wasn’t a tie until Davis wrestled it back.

I was actually worried they would go to replay and establish possession for Fitzpatrick and call it a touchback.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy View Post
              Originally posted by DraftBoy View Post
              I disagree, I think it looked like Fitzpatrick took near full possession. It wasn’t a tie until Davis wrestled it back.

I was actually worried they would go to replay and establish possession for Fitzpatrick and call it a touchback.
              I think if Minka rips it, it’s an INT, but if they both go to the ground with hands on it, it’s Gabes because he had possession first. It was very close

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

I expected that also.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• notacon
                  • Aug 2012

The speculation on what would have happened if Davis did not fight for the ball, and WIN is besides the point.

He DID. With Fitz blanketed all over him, Davis made an exceptional fingertip, one handed catch.

It’s so typical of long suffering Bills fans to find the dark side of such an amazing moment.

But I also posted it because it is such an amazing image. Talk about capturing the moment!!!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

I think if Minka rips it, it’s an INT, but if they both go to the ground with hands on it, it’s Gabes because he had possession first. It was very close
                    That’s not how the possession rule works. It doesnt matter who had possession first.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Woodman
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Apr 2014

Originally posted by swiper View Post
                      Looked like Fitzpatrick had much more of it for a few seconds.
                      Yes he did ...... it just didn't look like it he possessed the ball.

Only a great play by Gabe to get it back period.
                      Last edited by Woodman; 10-10-2022, 12:04 PM.

“It breaks your heart when someone leaves and you don’t know why.”

"It may be raining but there's a rainbow above you"

Former President Donald Trump early Thursday touted the results of a new NPR/PBSNewsHour/Marist poll showing him ahead of President Joe Biden by 8 percentage points among independents.

Comment

• imbondz
                        Democrats are people too
                        • Jan 2003

If you watch the replay it doesn’t seem possible Davis was able to wrestle it back. Looks like Fitz almost had total control
                        My faith doesn’t make me perfect, it makes me forgiven.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Correct me if I’m wrong, but just having possession in the endzone isn’t a touchback. He has to get tackled or give himself up. Otherwise, it’s still a live play where he could have potentially ran it out.

I had the same thought as you initially, but then I realized a defensive player having the ball in the endzone is a live play. Once the offensive player gets it, it’s a touchdown and the play is over.

That was actually my favorite play of that game.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Turf
                            • Jul 2002

Likewise. Could have easily been a touchback. I was surprised no long review.
                            Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
                              Making Spirits Bright
                              • Mar 2006

I almost thought they would review it and rule it an interception, then a forced fumble and fumble recovery by Gabe.

The old Bills would've easily turned that amazing 1 handed catch into an interception. In my mind, I can easily see something like this happening with Stevie Johnson or something. So glad that era is over.

Originally posted by Turf View Post
                              Likewise. Could have easily been a touchback. I was surprised no long review.
                              I don't see how they could call it a touchback when Minkah was never down or gave himself up. There wasn't enough time. I think whoever came out of it with the ball would've been the possessing team.

Comment

Working...
                              X