X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cali512
    • Jan 2012

Was pickens catch a catch?

Im discussing this online. From my understanding of the rule, the hand doesnt count as a second foot and his body is basically on the sideline before the other foot touches. Theres like thousands of people that swear its a catch

Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions
  • Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: Was pickens catch a catch?

No it wasn't. As you said, hands don't count.

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

I would not have been overturned if challenged.

Comment

• Joe Fo Sho
        Making Spirits Bright
        • Mar 2006

It's pretty clear in the rulebook:

A player who makes a catch may advance the ball. A forward pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) in the field of play, at the sideline, or in the end zone if a player, who is inbounds:

a. secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and

b. touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and

c. after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, performs any act common to the game (e.g., tuck the ball away, extend it forward, take an additional step, turn upfield, or avoid or ward off an opponent), or he maintains control of the ball long enough to do so.
        No catch.

Comment

• Cali512
          • Jan 2012

Someone from pittsburgh posted a video that conviniently stops right before his other foot hits the ground that has like 1.6k views and a bunch are bills fans basically apologizing for it. Its incredible how many people dont know the rules, its one of the most obvious non catches ive ever seen in terms of the criticism its getting
          Not here to be right, just here to have interesting discussions about my impulsive opinions

Comment

• Ingtar33
            Dances With Buffaloes
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Cali512 View Post
            Im discussing this online. From my understanding of the rule, the hand doesnt count as a second foot and his body is basically on the sideline before the other foot touches. Theres like thousands of people that swear its a catch

https://youtu.be/pzQ7Sg_7Nxc
            you are correct, a hand doesn't count for a foot. an ELBOW does though. his elbow touches down out of bounds, well before his second foot touches ground (in bounds), there is no question, it's not a catch.
            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Cali512
              • Jan 2012

I give my opinion on a call that was called out of bounds. Edited footage from the NFL where I show how George Pickens was stripped of an amazing catch for t...

This is the video the person posted and it's incredible how almost no one is arguing that its not a catch. No one knows the rules and the video is intentionally misleading

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                • Mar 2004

Romo and Nantz embarrassed themselves on that one, clamoring for a challenge, when it was clear that he only got a hand and a foot, and a hand (for some stupid reason) doesn't count, but an elbow does.

Comment

• mightysimi
                  Buckle me in on the highway of sin
                  • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral View Post
                  Romo and Nantz embarrassed themselves on that one, clamoring for a challenge, when it was clear that he only got a hand and a foot, and a hand (for some stupid reason) doesn't count, but an elbow does.
                  If the hand counted, everyone would be down the second their hand touches the ground and any lunging forward by any runner wouldn't be allowed. It happens multiple times every game. Romo and Nantz were way wrong on that one.

Comment

Working...
                  X